Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U20 dojo changes: the good and the bad

Raniu

This feedback a little late, I know, it's been one and a half month already. But here it goes:

Thank you, DE, for looking at the dojo issues and finally taking your steps to improve this part of the game.
The new hosting is reliable, I'm sure there are many Tenno satisfied with this change. The optimization is more than welcome. Option to set up shop is cool as well!

However, this new relay like system crippled the dojos in some other ways (outside of duelling sessions which still use the old hosting system).

• Like in the relays, we can not see other players' pets. Dojo was the perfect place to show off your favorite companion, results of playing around with imprints or cross species abominations and so on. Now this is impossible.
  • Like in the relays, we can not see other players' parkour maneuvers. Instead, we see people wandering in the air. No watching people deal with obstacle course anymore.
  • We can no longer spray the glyphs around to temporarily add some decoration for the sake of fashionframe (no more neat custom photos :sad:)
  • The separation of duelling session from the whole dojo is awkward. I preferred it integrated to the dojo; I believe many others share my view.

I don't really know how these issues could be addressed. I hope it is possible to keep the current hosting system and allow for all the above to function like they used to before the changes. If not, perhaps bringing back the host clan role is a good solution? Basically, people with this role could invite other players to a pre-U20 way hosted dojo.

Well, anyway, thanks for reading. Now to hope some DE staff member notices my concerns!

Duplicates of people! Now that's unheard of. Never seen this happen on PC, I wish you a PS4 update to fix this before long!

This is a bug though, I'm talking about what the new hosting brought that can't be helped by a simple hotfix.

8 hours ago, Raniu said:

• The separation of duelling session from the whole dojo is awkward. I preferred it integrated to the dojo; I believe many others share my view.

This was honestly the worst part of the change. I personally love to dojo duel and this change killed the dojo duels. People in the dojo can't see if people that are dueling or not by looking on their map or the song it plays. 

On 5/13/2017 at 1:03 AM, (Xbox One)Monkey D Luffyl said:

This was honestly the worst part of the change. I personally love to dojo duel and this change killed the dojo duels. People in the dojo can't see if people that are dueling or not by looking on their map or the song it plays. 

Well, they can join the duelling session as spectators by kneeling on the kneeling pads.