Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access

LeBronasaurus

Question

Is it ever worth it for the amount of platinum you get, and what was the best one so far? I only started playing after Banshee Prime Access came out, but I looked back and saw the Nekros Prime Access - it's insane what you get, IMO.

Edited by LeBronasaurus

9 answers to this question

Considering only the plat, it works out to be roughly equivalent to a 50% discount.  If you can get a 75% discount, you'll get more plat for your money that way.  That said, those aren't guaranteed.  It took 3 years before I got my first 75% coupon.

No its not. Most people buy the Prime Access for the cosmetics that come along with it. Its really overpriced IMO, but it supports the devs. Also, you cant really state your opinion on a weapon youve never used...

Edited by booty_hunter

5 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Considering only the plat, it works out to be roughly equivalent to a 50% discount.  If you can get a 75% discount, you'll get more plat for your money that way.  That said, those aren't guaranteed.  It took 3 years before I got my first 75% coupon.

Three years?! You must've done something mean to RNGesus.

3 minutes ago, booty_hunter said:

No its not. Most people buy the Prime Access for the cosmetics that come along with it. Its really overpriced IMO, but it supports the devs. Also, you cant really state your opinion on a weapon youve never used...

I've used these weapons before on alternate accounts.

As said above, the cost of the prime access pack covers the plat alone at a 50% discount, plus you get the added bonus of the weapons, frame, and accessories on top of that. Consider how long it would take you to farm the new relics just to grind out the parts needed for the new items, which depending on your gameplay style can take quite a while, you are still getting far more than your money's worth.

It is generally worth it, provided it has something you like. Sometimes it offers items like a companion or companion accessory which doesn't suit your fancy. So it's best to get a prime access that appeals to you (like your favorite frame or accessories) and just use the platinum to buy the prints from someone else the next time it rolls around.

10 hours ago, LeBronasaurus said:

Is it ever worth it for the amount of platinum you get, and what was the best one so far? I only started playing after Banshee Prime Access came out, but I looked back and saw the Nekros Prime Access - it's insane what you get, IMO.

Last time I added it up the plat alone was about the same as a 50% off coupon, plus you get the stuff.

The big one is the 90 day exp booster. Obviously you're not going to play continuously for 90 days so some of that is wasted, but even just buying an XP booster each weekend or even just every other weekend would quickly add up to a ton of platinum. And this is on top time not spent having to run relics/traces for prime parts... 

The best one IMO was probably Rhino. Boltor Prime's ridiculous stats and accuracy combined with his gottagofast stats on a status-immune tank frame made it really overpowered.

Ember Prime will always get honorable mention for the Misa Prime syandana a.k.a. the Flava-Flav giant blinged-out clock on a chain, of warframe. Everyone knew WoF should have been a toggle though, and I think that prime access was when she got reworked to duration-based, or maybe shortly after, so she mostly got shelved and the weapons it came with were underwhelming.

I can't call Nekros #1 because Nekros Prime wasn't significantly better than vanilla. Adding max power wasn't really a game changer, especially with Despoil augment already released. And, IMHO, that armor set Nekros came with was flatly not as cool as the previous two prime armor sets. Nyx's Targis Prime set and Volt's Edo Prime set were both really nice and included visual effects.

Edited by VKhaun