Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Why can't I jump (etc)?

IceBlueEyesX

I ran into an annoying issue recently where I was unable to jump after being invited to Larunda Relay with some friends of mine.  During the prior mission, I was able to jump just fine.  Once I touched down on the relay map, however, I was unable to jump or even access my emotes. This carried over even after I left the party and tried solo missions, rendering my jump function completely useless.  I even tried rebinding the jump function to an assortment of other keys, but it did not fix the issue.  I know for a fact that it is not my keyboard, either, since I had Jump set to the default Space key and I was able to perform a door hack (which also required the Space key) but still couldn't jump.  I also know that this only occured after the most recent update, several hours ago (Friday, May 12th, 2017), or at least after the update the day before.

If anyone knows of a solution (preferably one that does not involve third party programs), please let me know.  I've only recently gotten into the game, and I don't want to have to quit it after the first few days because of something this trivial.  I do enjoy the game a lot, and I would like to keep playing it...but I'm sure being unable to jump would make that extremely difficult.

Update: I tried doing a full uninstall and clean reinstall twice, but nothing seems to work. I've even tried the recommended "use melee until it works again", but nothing changes.  Is there a problem with my save via account?  Has trying to alter my keybindings in any way, at any time, permanently ruined my ability to ever jump again?  I really need help with this.

I guess you should contact Support (see e.g. the link at the bottom of this page) at this point,
they should be able to wrangle things back into order.

Just checking though, you're in the right place to configure your controls, not in the separate Lunaro settings?

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I guess you should contact Support (see e.g. the link at the bottom of this page) at this point,
they should be able to wrangle things back into order.

Just checking though, you're in the right place to configure your controls, not in the separate Lunaro settings?

Apparently, I won't be able to send a ticket until Monday...but I'll be sure to do that.

As for the config stuff, where else is there to configure one's controls?  What is Lunaro, anyways?

2 hours ago, IceBlueEyesX said:

Apparently, I won't be able to send a ticket until Monday...but I'll be sure to do that.

As for the config stuff, where else is there to configure one's controls?  What is Lunaro, anyways?

EE.cfg is a local file that contains your keybinds and graphics settings, which can be found in the directory %userprofile%\appdata\local\Warframe.

Deleting that file will reset all the settings you've made. Try that.

Note: If you're anxious about deleting the file, backing up is always recommended.

P.S. If it still doesn't work, support is your best bet. They'll be asking for the EE log file which can also be found in that directory.

3 hours ago, IceBlueEyesX said:

As for the config stuff, where else is there to configure one's controls?

The regular config option is at the top, while Lunaro is all the way at the bottom.
I'm only asking because there've been mixups in the past, heh.

3 hours ago, IceBlueEyesX said:

What is Lunaro, anyways?

It's a Conclave (PVP) game mode.

On 5/13/2017 at 11:55 PM, Erocelec said:

EE.cfg is a local file that contains your keybinds and graphics settings, which can be found in the directory %userprofile%\appdata\local\Warframe.

Deleting that file will reset all the settings you've made. Try that.

Note: If you're anxious about deleting the file, backing up is always recommended.

P.S. If it still doesn't work, support is your best bet. They'll be asking for the EE log file which can also be found in that directory.

Okay, I think that did it.  Had to go digging for it, and I meant to post a reply sooner.

Still, this does seem to be quite the problem, and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else playing the game, especially if they're just starting out, like I was...

On 5/14/2017 at 1:16 AM, NinjaZeku said:

The regular config option is at the top, while Lunaro is all the way at the bottom.
I'm only asking because there've been mixups in the past, heh.

Thank you for the clarification.  And yeah, I can see how there could be mixups.