Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Impressions

Cupelix

I was invited by my friend to get involved with Warframe, So I downloaded the game got a premium pack from Steam and jumped straight in with my buds hanging at the back slowly building my character up etc. Ended up having a all nighter playing which was great, so after some 12 hrs of playing I was close to going up to level 2.

I went off to bed for few hours and thought I would have some solo play just to get over the finishing line for my lvl 2 then I wasn't going to be working tomorrow so thought I could get some good time building my stats. So Sunday afternoon I log back on do a few missions so that I have got the required xp to go to Level 2, but instead of going up a lvl its just flashing at me so I click and see I must do a training mission of some kind to go up, which I think its different but ok, I click the next ok and it tells me I can't do the training for another 9 hrs (which annoyed the hell out of me). So I log back on sunday night at gone 11:30pm and I still can't do training as I still have 38 mins left so I went and got a sniper rifle and figured I would go redo one of the earlier missions again to see how the sniper rifle plays.

Basically I go to do my training which it tells me it will be a pistol related thing, so I press ok I am presented with this really badly coloured room with me in the middle being attacked by these enemies all of a sudden It comes up Mission Failed due to the fact that my Deth Cube got some kills rather than my pistols, So Now I can't level for another 24hrs (how stupid is this force your players in to not actually playing your game and finding something better to play) which means my day off tomorrow wont be playing this as there is no point me playing if I can't actually gain any xp, yes I can level my gear but I would rather do both at the same time.

Also during our mammoth session on Saturday Night/Sunday morning we were playing a mission for ages and the security come down for like the hundredth time which was fine (gave us a breather) we went to look for terminal to override the security and the 2 closest terminals were behind the now locked doors which meant we had to cancel mission even though we had completed mission and we were working our way back to the exit. This is also very annoying and bad programming/testing. I don't know which mission it was but I will get and ask my buds and find out which one it was.

Overall I am enjoying the game but this levelling/training thing is a major problem.

The 24 hour wait is unfortunate and a lot of people dislike it. And I just want to point out that, even if your rank is maxed out and you cannot progress to the next due to the timer, the EXP you gain will carry over to the next level.

Also, the mastery rank-ups are a little buggy right now and so are the mission lockdowns, as of Update 9 on Friday. These issues will most likely be fixed Monday or shortly after when the DE team is back at work and throwing out hotfixes.

Edited by Aramet

If you back track you should have found a terminal. Also if you shoot out the cameras the laser walls drop. As for the rank up missions the wiki has a guide on them and if you turn off bloom it's easier to see in there.

you do realize you retain all mastery xp even if you fail the mission so you could still need to take the rank 2 mission but be able to take the rank 3 mission directly after

i.e. failing the rank mission does not stop rank xp or item xp you still receive all of it  

If you back track you should have found a terminal. Also if you shoot out the cameras the laser walls drop. As for the rank up missions the wiki has a guide on them and if you turn off bloom it's easier to see in there.

We did back track but the next terminal back was behind another locked door.

The 24 hour wait is unfortunate and a lot of people dislike it. And I just want to point out that, even if your rank is maxed out and you cannot progress to the next due to the timer, the EXP you gain will carry over to the next level.

Also, the mastery rank-ups are a little buggy right now and so are the mission lockdowns, as of Update 9 on Friday. These issues will most likely be fixed Monday or shortly after when the DE team is back at work and throwing out hotfixes.

Thanks Aramet, that is useful to know, means I can play today then rather than waiting until the weekend.

Wrong section....

Venarge what a useless piece of information your post is. No thought what so ever. You could of been so much more helpful by either replying to my post with an answer to one of thoughts or you could of still gone down the Wrong Section post but actually put it in a constructive way such as..

Cupelix this is the wrong section for this kind of post please use blah next time......