Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

CapturaTheMoment - Mhe..

Loobiz

So I want to start saying congratz to the winners, nothing here is agaisnt you and I will try to keep it as not-personal as possible.

------------------------

So we just got the winner for the CapturaTheMoment contest. DE said "Winners will be determined based on unique and creative Captura images."

I spent few hours just looking through the pages and geez some pictures there were fantastic, yet I feel like some of the winners are not at the top, they feel kinda more of the same. It's hard to explain it without pointing fingers but imo one of them is a picture that I saw over 100 times in the post and then another one is so over the top is hard to see what is going on.

Now the problem here is not that the pictures are bad, cause they are not, problem is the way the winners were selected.

IF YOU DONT WANNA READ THE WHOLE THING READ THIS:

My little grain of salt.. I mean sand here is that for the next event of this type, if we ever have another one, is that DE selects a few pictures, like 30 and then the community votes the best 5. That way we avoid personal preferences changing the outcome so much and at the same time we avoid transforming the event into a popurality contest cause DE would make a preselection first.

THANKS

So what do you guys think? Would that system work? Why?

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

What's to stop someone from voting for themselves, paying people to vote for them, or getting their friends to vote for them? 

That is why I said that first DE should make a pre-selection, if you have a pool of 30 players in a community of, I have no idea how many but a lot, there is no way all voters are friends of someone. So even if each of them has a couple of friends voting for them that doesnt mean much when there are thousends of voters.

As for people paying for votes, well that would be pretty dumb of them, why don't you just pay for plat? you would get more..

Well now we know what art style the devs like, unsaturated darkness with god rays and a little colour...

Seeing as I like bright colours and fire etc. I personally found the winners to be kinda meh, but grats anyway, I know what style to aim for next time.

Not this:

Spoiler

ember__prime_phoenix_by_carnage2k4-db7q8

Edited by Carnage2K4