Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Primary Weapon ideas

BootyClapJim

Question

16 answers to this question

The Tigris' (any of them) can charge the drop in one or two shots. If you're choosing a weapon primarily for AMD, then use a Tigris. If you don't mind, then either is fine, just play around with them.

25 minutes ago, BootyClapJim said:

I'll have to try it ive been using hek. is there a decent no forma build for it?

Yes. A build set for 100 percent status is achievable with no forma if you're able to get all 4 dual stat mods, syndicate mod, hell's chamber and regular point blank. There will be an empty slot but if you're willing to add 2 forma you can fit a blaze mod in there but the build as it is is extremely effective and all mods can be max ranked.

Edited by (PS4)JAYANDJAY0466

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CFE Jackipanda said:

I'd definitely try out a Tigris. A normal Tigris will do just fine. The high damage that gun can dish out is more than enough to charge an AMD with one burst. Enjoy! (Mod for damage if you're going to be using AMD a lot)

That sounds great already started leveling it/

1 minute ago, (PS4)JAYANDJAY0466 said:

Yes. A build set for 100 percent status is achievable with no forma if you're able to get all 4 dual stat mods, syndicate mod, hell's chamber and regular point blank. There will be an empty slot but if you're willing to add 2 forma you can fit a blaze mod in there but the build as it is is extremely effective and all mods can be max ranked.

Is that for Hek or Tigris

On 2017-5-14 at 11:37 AM, BootyClapJim said:

Also Do I want to avoid spread with shotguns to make sure i pile dmg into AMD? or am i overthinking it

unless you're shooting it seconds after cast, with it being around 10 meters infront then spread won't effect it that much if your shooting the AMD immediately after a cast. 

I use a number of things, but as of late NovaP has been using the Sancti Tigris and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

The reasoning:

For one, it just works. The S-Tigris is a hard-hitting gun and can handle most situations you find yourself in. It's being chosen for other reasons, but there's no lack in capability to 'just shoot stuff.' Throw in the combined reload speed and punchthrough mod and it can both skirmish and sweep hallways.

Secundus: recovery. The S-Tigris has a (frequent if you actually shoot stuff with it) healing proc which benefits Nova mightily since she has no innate recovery. Stacks well with healing companions.

Lastly: charging AMD. Both barrels means a fully charged AMD and subsequently a lot of dead enemies. Use of this feature is somewhat dependent on the tactical situation, but there are usually plenty of opportunities to employ it with a little creative thought--or a great deal of mission gating.

34 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

I use a number of things, but as of late NovaP has been using the Sancti Tigris and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

The reasoning:

For one, it just works. The S-Tigris is a hard-hitting gun and can handle most situations you find yourself in. It's being chosen for other reasons, but there's no lack in capability to 'just shoot stuff.' Throw in the combined reload speed and punchthrough mod and it can both skirmish and sweep hallways.

Secundus: recovery. The S-Tigris has a (frequent if you actually shoot stuff with it) healing proc which benefits Nova mightily since she has no innate recovery. Stacks well with healing companions.

Lastly: charging AMD. Both barrels means a fully charged AMD and subsequently a lot of dead enemies. Use of this feature is somewhat dependent on the tactical situation, but there are usually plenty of opportunities to employ it with a little creative thought--or a great deal of mission gating.

hehe, glad someone mentionned the Sancti :P.

You simply forgot to say that the healing proc also causes Corrosive damage and procs to enemies nearby, wich is a lot more helpfull than some other Syndicate procs. 

2 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

You simply forgot to say that the healing proc also causes Corrosive damage and procs to enemies nearby, wich is a lot more helpfull than some other Syndicate procs. 

It's there, but it's not the reason the weapon has been chosen for a Nova gun. It's nice, but isn't really all that significant. I suppose if you (and your teammates) were running CP it has some merit, but the S-Tigris can't reach 100% status under normal circumstances, so it's not really relevant. If it could, you'd be modding it like a Tigris Prime and the proc would be mostly gravy on top of the rad/viral/bleed procs, which would kill the enemy regardless, especially if it's suffering under M-Prime.  

I normally run Akstilettos as a secondary on NovaP, so you could wait for a proc (generally won't be waiting long) then switch to strip armor, but most enemies in most circumstances are dead long before this becomes a necessity.

i use tigris sanctis and the sinoid gammacor, tigris work well and get the healing/Corrosive proc,the S gammacor is a really accurate laser  that get the syndicate mana/magnetic proc, and can charge sinoid gammacor pretty well!