The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource conversion concept?

Xekrin

For reasons unknown, DE seems concerned with letting us stockpile resources.  They tend to aim new costs at certain resources such as mutagen samples, polymer bundles, cryotic and so on.  They're given reasons are that players have a lot of this or that and therefore lets make new content into resource sinks!  This makes no sense to me but whatever.

So why not make resource conversion a thing?  5,000 nano spores = 100 plastids.  Or 10,000 alloy plates = 1,000 polymer bundles.  Not some magic change this into that transmutation, but through a form of non-interactive trading system, much like how we have blueprints purchasable with credits.  Who runs the market anyway?  Lotus?  Darvo?

I sincerely doubt a whole lot of platinum is made off of resource purchases so this could just replace that whole mess.  This is not a well-formed idea but I figured I'd throw it out there and maybe others could refine it a little.

Just now, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

then a new player would end up having every resource he needs without having to play half of the star chart.

Depends on the conversion rates, and it could also be MR locked, or planet locked.  There are ways to limit uses on such things.  But when I'm staring at 5 million nano spores and only 300k polymer bundles and they go "hey, we need a resource sink for polymer bundles because players have so many!", I kind of want to scream a little.

After a certain point it gets a bit silly.

16 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

then a new player would end up having every resource he needs without having to play half of the star chart.

Unlocking a planet could "make it safe" for Darvo or whoever to go there to get resources for us.  Then new players can only trade for resources on planets they have unlocked. 

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The millions of X resource sitting in most vets banks would make the trivial resource cost on most new items now totally insignificant.

Depending on the ratio, but yeah that is kind of the point.  We have millions of spores and plates, turning them into something we actually need would be nice.  I mean it doesn't have to be super easy to do or anything, they are ways to make it worth considering the long term cost.  That is up to DE or even other players to come up with.

If I have further ideas to make it less simplistic, I'll add it when I can.

20 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

Unless this was only doable in say the Pluto relay. Then players would need to unlock a bunch of planets. Not to mention as more quests get added if they want access to them they'd want to unlock said planets. Furthermore access to fissure missions, invasions, alert, sortie and event nodes. Overall I think the idea can be a good way to decrease certain resource stock-piles.

But it must also be fair. We have for example the orokin cel, neurode, neural sensor blue-prints. But the crafting costs are rather atrocious, so much so that I doubt anyone actually uses them.

3 hours ago, TaylorsContraction said:

We have for example the orokin cel, neurode, neural sensor blue-prints.

You know, I had actually forgotten those even existed.  I guess those are a rather atrocious way of doing this in a manner of speaking.