The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime

I would agree heavily with your statement, I love DE to death for this game but I feel like they lost the spirit of Oberon with this new reskin. If anything I think his Freyarch skin should've been his primed skin, but oh well. Looks like we aren't getting antlers prime ;-;

I mean, I think Oberon is the coolest Frame fashion wise because his default blends colors really well and the antlers make him look almost white-stag-y. Really fit with his whole "protector of the forest" theme.  Now I'm just hoping that it doesn't screw up the Freyarch skin when I add the prime details to it... Sad

On 5/18/2017 at 9:37 PM, (PS4)VentusLoire said:

291?cb=20150223022507I have been playing Warframe on PS4 since it's release, and I am thoroughly pleased with the community and the development team as far as content release and such. I must say I have never truly been dissatisfied until now. Oberon is my personal favorite Warframe, both visually and ability based,  and I am ecstatic with his rework. However, leaked images of Oberon Prime have surfaced giving him the resemblance of a bull, which is a major disappointment considering his domain is the forest. His original model was that of a stag with antlers, which makes sense. It also seems as if his new model was hastely put together almost within a matter of a day without any thought or effort. His look should be more regal, befitting of a woodland paladin. Prime Access as well is normally a coveted thing, everyone wants it and some like myself are lucky enough to buy it. But with an already unpopular frame like Oberon, there should be a reason for wanting to purchase such a frame visually. It is a bad move to put such a lackluster effort into a frame and expect it to earn money, and more importantly, please the fanbase. I encourage you to look at some YouTube videos about the leak and see the comments.

If they made primes look visually appealing they wouldn't make as much money off deluxe skins and skins themselves (normal and tennogen) also the data mined info we got could of been an old concept of the frame and may have already been changed since the time that info and pictures were leaked, and there is still more time for changes that could already be getting done. Just because we seen data mined pictures of the frame doesn't necessarily mean that is what it will look like when released.

Also a lot of people like myself don't even buy the Prime Access for the frame appearance but for the Prime weapons, Prime accessories and platinum that come with it which imo makes buying it worth it alone. The Prime frame's visuals is meaningless to me since I usually just apply a skin to it so I don't look like such a scrub wearing default appearances and not working towards making my frame look unique.

Edited by iMalicious

I've been a fan of Oberon since the day he was released so I was quite ecstatic when DE finally showed him some well deserved love, and I must say that I absolutely love his Prime look.

Gone is the paladin and in it's place a dark knight rises, no longer bound by the virtues that once chained him down. He will Smite any who would dare defile his Hallowed Ground, he's the Reckoning of all evildoers. He's the one to bring justice and Renewal to the galaxy.

So remember my fellow Tenno, he's not the Prime we need but he is the Prime we deserve. 

On 2017-5-19 at 3:37 AM, (PS4)VentusLoire said:

291?cb=20150223022507I have been playing Warframe on PS4 since it's release, and I am thoroughly pleased with the community and the development team as far as content release and such. I must say I have never truly been dissatisfied until now. Oberon is my personal favorite Warframe, both visually and ability based,  and I am ecstatic with his rework. However, leaked images of Oberon Prime have surfaced giving him the resemblance of a bull, which is a major disappointment considering his domain is the forest. His original model was that of a stag with antlers, which makes sense. It also seems as if his new model was hastely put together almost within a matter of a day without any thought or effort. His look should be more regal, befitting of a woodland paladin. Prime Access as well is normally a coveted thing, everyone wants it and some like myself are lucky enough to buy it. But with an already unpopular frame like Oberon, there should be a reason for wanting to purchase such a frame visually. It is a bad move to put such a lackluster effort into a frame and expect it to earn money, and more importantly, please the fanbase. I encourage you to look at some YouTube videos about the leak and see the comments.

1 - show me that domain on the forest.

2 - it does NOT ressemble a bull, it ressembles a ram/sheep. Which, as far as I am aware, he's always ressembled.

Capone%20RS%2012-01.jpg

23 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

He looks like Minotaur, and it's not just about the horns. His design looks closer to this IMO

bull-head-vector.jpg

Horns curved up like this

bull.png

And less like a Jacob goat

You're ignoring the details in the big horns, the small horns too.

You're also ignoring the fact that his horns are bent to look like a crown/halo. In fact, it struck me as remniscent of the same sort of halo/crown Diablo artists use for their angels:

ue7rDRi.png
imperius11x1.jpg
heroes-tyrael-master-skin.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

18 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

1 - show me that domain on the forest.

2 - it does NOT ressemble a bull, it ressembles a ram/sheep. Which, as far as I am aware, he's always ressembled.

You're ignoring the details in the big horns, the small horns too.

You're also ignoring the fact that his horns are bent to look like a crown/halo. In fact, it struck me as remniscent of the same sort of halo/crown Diablo artists use for their angels:

im ignoring the details in the small horns? You seem to be ignoring everything that points to the design being based on a minotaur. I thought Oberon was a deer with antlers anyway? Where did all this "ram" talk come from?

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

im ignoring the details in the small horns? You seem to be ignoring everything that points to the design being based on a minotaur. I thought Oberon was a deer with antlers anyway? Where did all this "ram" talk come from?

Sorry, but saying a tower reminds you of a laberynth... You can see the details of the horns as having the sheep/ram protusions (you know, those divisory lines). I don't think I need to tell you.

And are you serious? Should I remind anyone of the details in all the helmets designed by Mynki where Oberon has, basically, beard?

can-stock-photo_csp3741500.jpg

Spoiler

and the community joke of Satanic Oberon ayy

But anyways, I see people are hellbent into seeing a bull here as they were into seeing a seahorse on an eastern dragon inspired helmet for Chroma.

Edited by NightmareT12