Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knock down and Scorpions "Get over here"

I'm not whining or salty over this honestly.... just getting that outta the way lol,

I understand why AI have these kind of attacks (i think i do anyway). The poor things need some way to stop us from going full lemer and ninja flipping around all the live long day. If i come barreling around a corner at mach one and run face first into it i can own it. That being said, at higher levels I've been knocked down and kept down till death by another 5-6 infested moa AOE stomps (i had max handspring equipped). It's one thing if i make a poorly timed jump in front of ancient or something but the amount of times I'll die because of this is kinda annoying. Higher level survivals are suppose to become quite the challenge after awhile and I feel if you AOE'd or hooked you're suppose to die, am i correct on this? Persnally it's when you get brought to near death or killed only 20-30 minutes in to a meso survival (this happens far less than higher levels still does from time to time). It's not a problem if all is working as intended, just a minor gripe. Idk if this next belongs here but it's in the same ball park. When i'm running ivara and in prowel or cloaked with loki moa/infested moa have a habit of doing that stomp regardless. I'm almost positive the AI still knows where you are in gamespace because i've had nullifiers run right up to the corner im behind and almost like they remember "oh he's cloaked" they'll turn around but i degres. It's a pain if I'm rolling through enemies cloaked get AOE'd off the edge and get put in the middle the same enemies and insta killed (this happens every so often). That's about it, others thoughts are appreciated. 

There are several ways to completely resist knockdown that you might want to try out. There's Atlas' passive when you're on the ground, Rhino's Iron Skin, Nezha's Warding Halo, Trinity's Link, Nekros' Shield of Shadows augment,  Inaros' Negation Swarm augment, or if you have room in your builds, Fortitude, Power Drift, and Sure Footed for a total of 110% chance to resist knockdowns.

You're right concerning the matter with the AI tracking you, even if you're invisible. Fusion MOA's are a great example for this, because you can see their beam hitting/targeting you even when you're cloaked...

Possible Solution: Kill them all...

24 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

There are several ways to completely resist knockdown that you might want to try out. There's Atlas' passive when you're on the ground, Rhino's Iron Skin, Nezha's Warding Halo, Trinity's Link, Nekros' Shield of Shadows augment,  Inaros' Negation Swarm augment, or if you have room in your builds, Fortitude, Power Drift, and Sure Footed for a total of 110% chance to resist knockdowns.

I'm about 9 months into the game and i'd like to think i've got a fair handle on things (understand mods/builds on most frames). I really never put much thought into the myriad of counter measure mods there seem to be. I have notice my Rhino, Inaros plow right through where as my ash. ivara get thrown like a rag doll. I'll definitely see about incorporating more counter measures. 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)WiggyWhatNow said:

I'm about 9 months into the game and i'd like to think i've got a fair handle on things (understand mods/builds on most frames). I really never put much thought into the myriad of counter measure mods there seem to be. I have notice my Rhino, Inaros plow right through where as my ash. ivara get thrown like a rag doll. I'll definitely see about incorporating more counter measures. 

block

28 minutes ago, LHC20 said:

You're right concerning the matter with the AI tracking you, even if you're invisible. Fusion MOA's are a great example for this, because you can see their beam hitting/targeting you even when you're cloaked...

Possible Solution: Kill them all...

As much as i agree with you, it's almost sinful to let the cheeky things live. You know as well as i do at times speed is of the essence. I know other games do this that have a cloak ability for example destiny. However it seems at times the AI has moments where your cloak isn't there problem lol. Idk, like the the first half which i'm starting is mostly my bad now it's a minor thing in an otherwise pretty great game.

Yeah, mobs still run to you when you're invisible. You'll notice it a lot in survival since they keep coming.

As for chain cc, I hate that too. I feel like we should have some kind of immunity for one second after we get back up, to give us time to retreat. Or simply add some kind of evasive move when you're on the ground, so that instead of just getting up, crouch, and bullet jump, you just crouch directly and save some time.

You know that you can roll through the Stomp-Aoe's or just jump upwards and kill the MOA's? Seriously, it's not that bad, the only thing it takes sometimes is a different approach to the problem, like slide attacks in this case...

25 minutes ago, LHC20 said:

You know that you can roll through the Stomp-Aoe's or just jump upwards and kill the MOA's? Seriously, it's not that bad, the only thing it takes sometimes is a different approach to the problem, like slide attacks in this case...

We're not talking about dodging the first cc, but about being able to escape from chain cc once we get caught in it. Of course you can always avoid stomps and grabs, but there'll be times when you don't see them coming.