Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FashionFrame Help

Endless_Destruction

Question

Hello, I've recently become very interested in the REAL Warframe endgame.

I have also recently discovered my utter lack of anything remotely resembling cosmetic talent.

So, to our more enlightened Tenno, I ask, how should I begin the quest to look absolutely fabulous?

A few questions to start off:

1. Which color packs would you say are the most important?
  2. Do complementary colors work well together, or is it better to use colors that are similar to each other?
  3. Which category (primary, secondary, energy color, etc) is the best to start with when mixing up a look?
  4. Which Sigils are great for warframes, and how should they be colored?
  5. How do you choose different shadings of certain colors?
  6. How do you start coloring a warframe if you want a darker color scheme, or a more subdued look?
  7. When you want a super flashy set of colors, what do you do?
  8. HOW THE **** DO YOU COLOR ZEPHYR?
  9. Operator hair/eye recommendations?

These are just a few questions I have, but please, throw out any and all fashion advice you can. I am sick of default colors.

7 answers to this question

Hello !

I hope I can be of some help,I am no expert but I spend a lot of time fashionframing.

I tend to follow some rules and general patterns when I decide to start a new coloration,but I also have very rigid tastes so I may not be very objective.

I'll start saying that I almost always have at least a black or a white or a grey in a look. I also quite dislike very saturated and bold colors,even thought I sometimes use them. I would recommend to start by choosing 2 main colors for a look. Ideally either complementary or in harmony. Then adding nudes or greys/dark greys can make a good start. Starting fashionframing by combining 3+different colors can be quite hard.

Now to answer your questions.

1. Hard to say,It really depends on your taste. The first one I got is I think the Tenno one,simply because it has a lot of variety and can provide a bit of everything instead of 30 shades of lilac and 20 of mint green.It can also be a good starting base before you get confident and understand what colours you really like to play with/feel more natural to you.In general palettes with a lot of variety are ideal to start,in my opinion. For example one of my favourites is the Lotus one,but we can't really say ot creates a solid ground to start with ,since it basically has variations of 4-5 colours.

2. Complementary looks do work together. As many hours in art school basically forged in my brain,a good complementary couple can really give a feeling. Of course if you are into that, since it can make quite a bold look.

3. I usually start with the category that covers the most of the body,and that category is not always the same. It usually falls withing the 1st or 2nd tho. I then add the category with decreasing coverage down to tiny details. Energy is the last,for me.

4. Now sigils are really a subjective matter. I like those quite compact and I almost always size them down to their minimum possible. Syndicates provide some quite intresting one,so maybe choose a syndicate that has sigils that you like, since those can't be traded. Other in my opinion great sigils are the login reward ones,the rift sigil(very unique and versatile between mainly all frames) and conclave ones.

5. Well that's just the result of trying really.If,for example,decide that I want a very warm blue,I try all the warm blues I have and see how they look near the other colors of my look. Colors REALLY change based on the ones near them,and can be perceived as more warm/cold, more bold/less bold. So just try.

6. Well as I said I always have at least a grey/black/white in my look,so to be honest that's usually the first color I lay down before adding everything else.

7. As I said I'm not a fan of super bold/saturated colors. But I sometimes enjoyed using them,but always with moderation. 1 max neon color(and all other colors being either greys and blacks or very desaturated. But I'd say always at least 2 greys/blacks if you have a neon) or 2 bold colors (let's say navy blue and very cold purple for example. you want the others to be very desaturated if not again greys/blacks.) is my rule. I also tend to keep those bold or neon colors for details or smaller areas. Even just for details in armors/syandana,why not. They can be very badass/futuristic looking,but if you overdo they can very easily make your warframe look like a cheap toy.

8. Zephy ! I like her very cold-colored. I tend to give her a more futuristic look,usually. Or just all black/white with a single color. Black/white rarely looks good imo,but on her it does.For example black/white/teal blue.

9. Not for operators I use the same rule I use for warframes,really. I like a metal color and a secondary color. Black/greys/whites for the rest. I kept clothes and hair neutral,adding color to face decorations and eyes.

I hope it was a bit of help. And again,it's a very subjective and personal matter when it comes to color tastes.

Experiment, is my best advice.

Have a nice day !

Edited by Phobesse

random colors and tenno color pallet are your friend.

alternatively, think of a theme(usually centered around the warframe itself with a few exceptions) and try to match that. do use random to help get a base to work with if you are still lost. 

aside from that tid bit, @phobesse has it covered.

Color if you routine log in on seasonal event, and low on Plat I suggest classic saturated, otherwise color pack alpha.

As for coloring the frame usually I use "stalker" like color black red or orokin/ prime color just change the white to pure brighter white dark grey gold/ yellow. Otherwise just hit random color and sometimes u get interesting color combi.

For tenno Hair try black base and some nice colour highlight, can look very cool (i use saturated blue form ice pack). But then again, it's all up to your preferations. Just rememeber that there is the randomise colours option. Use it when you have no idea how to colour your thing. It can sometimes pull out a masterpiece :wink: