Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

master 10 weapons

UnsoundFaun

Question

Hello i am still pretty new to the game learning stuff whats good whats terrble i do have some primes i have thrown some money at the game and was wonder if there any weapons/primes i should try to get a hold of that will scale well in to end-game ( still doesnt know what is consider end-game). aka i what weapons are worth haveing so i dont waste mats and S#&$ on crap stuff or useless things. and thank you for all and any advice in advance to help me grow out of the newb stage in to a more helpful player.

(edit) if it helps i like the playstyle of (trinity prime, nekros prime, nidus) for any frames that may fit the style

Edited by UnsoundFaun

9 answers to this question

Depends on your play style but this is what works for me....

Shotgun : Tigris Prime and Vaykor Hek (You need to mastery 12 for Hek and 13 for the Tigris)

Rifle : Soma Prime, Burston Prime (if you like burst)

Sniper : Vectis Prime, Vulkar Wraith

Secondary: Akstiletto prime, Euphona Prime

Melee : Orthos Primes, Nikana Prime, Galatine Prime 

However what makes each weapon is the mods. 

Serration (maxed), Primed pressure point, primed point blank, primed reach, primed ravage etc. Too many to list. Check out builds to make the weapons viable for higher levels. 

Edited by Kusungphak

1 hour ago, UnsoundFaun said:

what weapons are worth haveing so i dont waste mats and S#&$ on crap stuff or useless things.

At first you will want to take it slow and not waste resources on things you may not like.  This will change if you stay with the game.  Every weapon, frame, companion and sentinel has value in increasing your Mastery Rank.

When I first started I found a gun I liked, a frame I could enjoy and I stayed that way for a while.  Then I saw the dragon nikana, it was locked for anyone under Mastery Rank 8.  It became my mission to get that weapon.  To do this I had to play for weeks, building every weapon I could get my hands on, getting it to 30 and throwing it away.

The same began for frames.  I learned about Primes, and Nyx Prime was my first.  I had limited warframe slots so before I got to her, I ranked and sold vanilla nyx, and volt and loki and so on.

Over time I managed to max out a lot of weapons and most frames other than those locked behind quests I was afraid to do solo.  I found quite a few weapons along the way that were certainly not considered powerful or meta but that I enjoyed quite a bit.  I still ended up selling the majority of things I ranked up because I still had limited slots to work with.

Over time I began trading and bought some plat and started collecting the things I enjoyed most despite their lack of popularity or power.

I guess the TL:DR of this is, players will give you advice on what they consider fun or powerful but in the end it will be up to you to decide what you enjoy most.  My advice is hit the market, buy some blueprints and start playing.  Whether you go the slow way and rank them up by mission after mission or you cheese it with heading to the exp hot spots, you will still have fun discovering which frames and weapons you enjoy the most.

IMO... if you happen to have gotten the DE anniversary weapons this year AKA the DEX family , you are pretty much set up to go a long way with this powerful, fun to play and nice to look at weapon family.

They came free with their respective slots and are already upgraded..- so stay with them for a while, during which your most important task now will be to get the necessary mods and ressources to rank up those mods to a reasonable level... 

..besides your starter frame provide yourself some sort of stealth frame, and you should have pretty much what you will need for all sort of mission types you are likely to encounter..

as time goes by , keep what you love ,  and get what you like ..  

1 hour ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

Strange.

How comes no one is using pangolin sword, plasma sword, gram, single bronco or base braton? Those weapons are totally as viable as the soma prime and the (broken) war, but I guess you have an explanation why no one use those.

Of course, they are not viable as stronger weapon but they still good enough to rivalise with most of players damage if you play and mod correctly.

Also, you quote the Pangolin and Plasma Sword as bad weapon compared to the Broken-War but the Plasma is ways better with a correct build.

• It has 15% chance of x2 crit and 15% status chance that is better than Broken-War. Considering the most powerful melee build rely on combo + Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds scaling, the higher status chance and crit multiplier will allow the weapon to scale faster, even if it have lower base damages.
  • The weapon is elemental only, meaning the physical damage dont affect the status chance calculation, so elemental status donc have 4 time less chance to occure. This allow for gas + electric build that is really strong, especially in large group of enemis (usual on high level missions). Use it against Corpus to fully benefit from the shield ignoring of toxin from the gas proc or use armor reduction abilties against grineers.

In fact, I was talking about average weapons and not low tier weapons like you quote but Plasma Sword is a good example of underrated weapon.

PS: Considering the Broken-War as a strong weapon is a joke.

24 minutes ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

Correction - the are 30M accounts, not players, where most veterans have at least 1-2 alt accounts and that's across all pratforms - so yeah, tell me more. I'm not saying those youtubers are influencing everyone, but the vast majority is, hell even a  newbie who just wants to start warframe looks up a vid from one of those to get a headsup and not make some rookie mistakes, but yeah I'm crazy. I'm crazy that most people are actually LAZY, that's why they need those youtuber's builds, that's why we get topics that all 4 rads should give rare drop at first try and so on. People are being lazy that's why there was Draco, now Bere and so on. If people would actually use the guns they level instead of going for shortcuts there wouldnt be MR22 with 300ish hours of gameplay. Tell me how do you know so surely, that anyone isn't using MK1-Strun nor Daikyu? 

If you weren't lazy, you would do something useful instead of playing Wraframe. Stop criticising other people's lazyness when you are as lazy as them.

You're right, I stand corrected. Let's say every player has 30 accounts (because why not ?) and there are are only 1M players. So 10 boring youtuber are influencing 1M players... Oh wait. You're still crazy and you should still consult. Maybe every player has 1M account and there are 30 players? oh wait, this is crazy also.

No one is using the MK1-strun because the mk1-strun is sh*t. No one (except you) needs a youtube video to come to the conclusion the mk1-strun is sh*t. No one is using the gram because the gram is sh*t. No one (except you) needs a youtube video to come to the conclusion the gram is sh*t. No one is using the pangolin sword because the pangolin sword is sh*t. No one (except you) needs a youtube video to come to the conclusion the pangolin sword is sh*t. etc. We can continue with the 200+ other trash weapons.

Now stop lying to new players. New players needs actual advices, they don't need to pretend a ceramic sword is worth one of their 10 weapon slots.

11 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Of course, they are not viable as stronger weapon but they still good enough to rivalise with most of players damage if you play and mod correctly.

Also, you quote the Pangolin and Plasma Sword as bad weapon compared to the Broken-War but the Plasma is ways better with a correct build.

• It has 15% chance of x2 crit and 15% status chance that is better than Broken-War. Considering the most powerful melee build rely on combo + Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds scaling, the higher status chance and crit multiplier will allow the weapon to scale faster, even if it have lower base damages.
  • The weapon is elemental only, meaning the physical damage dont affect the status chance calculation, so elemental status donc have 4 time less chance to occure. This allow for gas + electric build that is really strong, especially in large group of enemis (usual on high level missions). Use it against Corpus to fully benefit from the shield ignoring of toxin from the gas proc or use armor reduction abilties against grineers.

In fact, I was talking about average weapons and not low tier weapons like you quote but Plasma Sword is a good example of underrated weapon.

PS: Considering the Broken-War as a strong weapon is a joke.

You're totally right, people should use a plasma-sword instead of one of the 10 better electric melee weapon. Especially new players who have 10 weapon slots and no status mod.

Oh wait. You're wrong.

Stop lying.

edit: at the moment you get it, broken war is one of the best weapon you may get - and it is potatoed. At that point of the game, there's no way to get status mod if you're not masochist (even alpha-testers didn't play uranus spy mission, why would anyone farm it ?), status isn't a factor. This makes broken war a very good weapon during some part of the game. That's more than the gram or the mk1-strun or the plasma sword.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

15 minutes ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

Now stop lying to new players. New players needs actual advices, they don't need to pretend a ceramic sword is worth one of their 10 weapon slots.

Yes, new players need to know they can use every weapon as long as they like it instead rushing to MR23 and craft the stronger weapon.

15 minutes ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

You're totally right, people should use a plasma-sword instead of one of the 10 better electric melee weapon.

If they like the weapon design and feeling when playing it, yes, totally.

1 hour ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

If you're not convinced you should consult, answer this: the only youtube video I saw was about the daikyu being awesome. This video exist, and still no one is using a daikyu. Why?

Daikyu, is currently the best bow, next to Dread, each for different purpose.

• Dread is a powerful slash bow that can deal insane slash damage to a single traget to, in most of case, instantly kill it.
  • Daikyu can one-shot alsmot every enemies under lvl 100 but not only. With the high status chance and base damages, you can use gas on it to deal these insane damage in area and kill multiples groups of enemis in a single shot. Use vile acceleration to counter the long charge time and you get the best bow for higher level mission (not considering infinite endless scaling where Dread is better with slash proc and crit).

Honestly, when I see how you criticize "low level" weapons but glorify the Soma prime and Broken-War that are total trash compared to a lot of underused weapon, I'm curious about what are your most used weapons/warframes.

Edited by lukinu_u

2 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Yes, new players need to know they can use every weapon as long as they like it instead rushing to MR23 and craft the stronger weapon.

This is a straight lie. Most of the weapons are trash, they aren't designed to be useable but to give MR.

What is the lastest weapon again? The Nukor? The gammacor? The flux riffle? The sinoid gammacor? I don't remember and I don't care: it's just another beam weapon undistinguishable from any other beam weapon. They can release a new beam weapon each day during 3 years and none of those weapons will be exactly the same as the other one. And less than 10 of those weapons will be worth anything, all other will be mastery fodder. We may pretend this new weapon is totally different from a nukor or a gammacor and has a different gameplay, or we can directly say which beam weapons are useable and which ones are useless mastery fodder.

Strun as a very limited usage (outside of mastery fodder) (when you finish the first quest and want a shotgun), mk1-strun is pure mastery fodder. Most of the weapons are mainly mastery fodder, that's how the game is designed, that's how DE quickly create artificial content to keep players. That's almost the busyness model of Warframe.

If they like the weapon design and feeling when playing it, yes, totally.

You mean, if they like slow sword that play like any other sword (except slower) and deal electric damages less efficiently than any other electric weapon?

Yes, yes they can. But nobody like the feeling of a weapon that is "exactly the same as any other weapon, except slower". This is why plasma sword is a trash weapon.

Daikyu, is currently the best bow, next to Dread, each for different purpose.

• Dread is a powerful slash bow that can deal insane slash damage to a single traget to, in most of case, instantly kill it.
  • Daikyu can one-shot alsmot every enemies under lvl 100 but not only. With the high status chance and base damages, you can use gas on it to deal these insane damage in area and kill multiples groups of enemis in a single shot. Use vile acceleration to counter the long charge time and you get the best bow for higher level mission (not considering infinite endless scaling where Dread is better with slash proc and crit).

Honestly, when I see how you criticize "low level" weapons but glorify the Soma prime and Broken-War that are total trash compared to a lot of underused weapon, I'm curious about what are your most used weapons/warframes.

So you're using a daikyu for gas proc. With 80% puncture proc and 20% gas proc. Why not? You could add frost damages to reduce your gas proc to 10%.

Since you ask, I use pox when I need status. It deals 1/3 the damages of the daikyu, with 2x the fire rates, AoE, auto-toxin-proc (all this + whatever status you may add). 10% less status than daikyu, who cares ? it's 100% status after mods. 100% elemental status (+ toxin), not 80% puncture. It remove level 100 armor within a few second with a corrosive build (I have difficulties to evaluate the effect of gas build, I'm not motivated enough to go in the simulacrum).

Sometime i use the staticor (full elemental also, good status, AoE, allows for gas+rad and cor+rad builds). i guess you can explain why the nukor isn't complete trash when you can get a staticor (the nukor has lower dps + lower status chance + lower crit + lower range + lower AoE, no doubt it's an awesome weapon).

Sometime I use an akstiletto prime. Because sometime my primary weapon is trash and i need a mid-range secondary (the sound of the staticor is annoying, so I'm not always willing to use it).

I completed the euphona prime a few day ago, it is pleasant to use but i don't have any potatoe.

For melee, i'm trying the prisma obex - critical + status (48% status is more than enough with the attack speed of the prisma obex). With valkyr. Or nikana prime with excal (i can't wait your explanation why the dragon nikana is as good as the nikana prime). Anyway who cares about the frame? There are a few trash frames (wukong...), but DE tries to balance them and make all frame playable; DE doesn't care about the ceramic sword or the nukor: the ceramic sword is trash right now, it will still be trash in ten years, and it has exactly the same gameplay as any other useless sword.

I should try the daikyu (I have a riven and a daikyu), but i'm not convinced a non-riven daikyu is as efficient as pox for gas build (seriously, how can 80% puncture status/low fire rate make an effective status build? I'm quite sure my rad soma deals more useful status effects per second).

For primary i use soma prime, zhuge (with riven), ignis wraith, kohm, dragkoon, and a lot of mastery fodder. Maybe I'll potatoe a vectis prime or an amprex next (i'm not a fan of the vectis prime, but "sniper only" is a possible constraint in sorties ; i have a rubico riven, but i can't stand the rubico - i can sell you the riven if you wish).

Anyway I didn't pretend I use the best possible weapons. I pretend i use useable weapon - most of the weapons aren't.

And you're wrong again (are you right sometime?), I'm not criticizing "low level" weapons. I criticize some useless weapon. I don't criticize the boltor or the broken sword (... aren't you the one criticizing the broken sword?), because i know they have their use for a part of the game. i don't even criticize the gorgon, although I'm convinced the boltor is plain better. But the mk1-strun and the nukor are useless at every stage of the game: when you have access to those weapons, you have access to other weapons which are plain better in any conceivable way.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa