Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A reliable Ash Prime Build?

Mog-

Question

Ash Prime is quite possibly my All time favorite frame (Besides hamscalibur) because of his amazing skill set. but i never feel like im building him right at all.

So i need some help to make sure im getting the best out of the Ninja that is Ash (Prime).

My main play style with him is Melee. Sneak. And Bladestorm.

4 answers to this question

Well, with Ash there's a lot of room for maneuver. But you will definitely need some duration for Smoke Screen. How much is up to you, whatever you feel comfortable with, but the general idea is you stay invisible at all times. My general build is this:

Aura: Steel Charge (he's not exactly a frame for premades and he's about bleeds, which ignore armor, or oneshots, but if you feel like helping your squad a bit you can reforma for CP).

Exilus: Power Drift

Mods: Intensify, Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Stretch, Streamline, Primed Flow, Fatal Teleport, Vitality.   This is intended for Zenurik Focus. My bread and butter is Fatal Teleport, you will also be able to use Bladestorm freely once the Zenurik kicks in. And you got 20 seconds of invisibility. I also use a dagger with Covert Lethality, 2 combo mods (to keep the combo multiplier for Bladestorm for 25 seconds, which will vastly improve your dmg output, in case you were thinking 145% STR is a bit low) and Primed Fury (to speed up the execution animation). My general playstyle is to chain Fatal Teleport and use Bladestorm for large groups as needed. The range mod is there for more aggressive play when you need to spam Bladestorm in a large open area (literally do a quick 360 turn->execute, 360->execute...) like that square corpus map often used in sorties for defence or interception, with one of the interception points "indoors" the other 3 outdoors.

For some situations you might wanna use Seeking Shuriken to strip armor from a target (good for assassinations) or smoke shadow (works well to cover a moving defence target, I also always take this one for kuva floods, there are always ppl who would go to any lengths just not to take an invisible frame and stand quietly waiting for kuva, preferring to struggle and often go down).

Try out different builds, see what suits you. we're just giving you the options here.

Edited by frohdoe

FWIW, I like this build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Transient Fortitude, Stretch
Fleeting Expertise, Streamline (both R4)
Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded
Constitution, Vitality
[Zenurik Focus]

It's a high-Duration sneaky build that lets you spam your abilities freely,
the negative Range is actually not a big deal
as his abilities are quite generous in that regard
(especially with Bladestorm no longer being an AoE "blast").

If you want, you could also replace Constitution (or Fleeting)
with Seeking Shuriken or Fatal Teleport (or both, even).

Sorta Kinda an old video I found they made juggie immune to ash at one point after this, but most my current builds are kinda based on this

Note: I dont have arcanes myself buld still good to play around with though

For my stealth build I go with Steel Aura, Exilus Intruder

Intensify (lil Power to kill), Prime Flow (Not Must but helps), Narrow Mind (Duration), Quick Thinking (to be a 2 shot woot also can take out for Constitution (Recovery + Duration))

Prime Continuity (Duration), Smoke Shadow (For Share Stealth), Streamline (Cost Reduction), Stretch (To slightly off set narrow mind negative)

If stealth focus DONT use fleeting if you have, ash hard to make stealthy as is without it you'll be lucky to get 24+ secs

Due to Ash stealth low duration learn to cover as much distance as you can with it, when you do even 10 secs of stealth will allow you to cover a large room before it ends.

Ash stealth is really a distraction more than anything else its meant to get you out of trouble and compare to most other stealth skills its stun the enemies, enough for you escape others stealth skills in game have no stun and certain enemies they can kill you before can move.

Recovery mods such as handspring and constitution I high recommend especially with when knockdown become common >.>

Steel Charge Aura I recommend on all builds you decide to use Corrosive Projection as recommend by a previous user is pointless since ash damage lean closer to finisher damage which kinda ignore armor mostly and if you use Seeking Shuriken even with 150% Power can remove armor more effectively and corrosive projection.

The setup from the video above will clearly get you killed much quicker than an invisibility build. I mean Arcane Guardian will give you 90 Armor (which you will hardly feel), + 165 from Steel Fibre, you'll end up with a "whopping" 405 armor which means you'll be relying on your energy pool as HP a lot (as seen in the footage). I will do it justice, it's an alright build, if you play carefully, but you should be focusing on a frame's strengths. Well, if you to enjoy playing him like that, why not.