Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game is still uplayable

SangosTophat

Question

OK. So, for several months now, there's been extreme mouse deceleration in menus for Warframe. This includes when selecting missions to play. It is such terrible deceleration that it makes the experience of even selecting missions exceedingly painful. I liked this game. I payed money for it. But I'm just straight up not being allowed to play. Please fix this. At the very least, add a mouse sensitivity slider for menus. 

18 answers to this question

Just now, Neo_182 said:

I have several computers and several mice.

I've not encountered this issue at all. Maybe it's not the game but your mouse that is faulty?

Considering it's not an issue with the other 10s of games I've played (let alone "general use")... I'm fairly sure it's a problem with the game. But I've got the Red Dragon mouse.

is your resolution high set in your options?

edit:

reason why i'm asking is sometimes (and this happened to me when I got my new computer) when the resolution is high the cursor has a greater distance of pixels to move, ie why it may seem slower because you have to move your mouse a number of times. this happened to me with warframe and not other games.

Edited by KrazyKubrowLady

1 minute ago, SangosTophat said:

The resolution has not changed since well before it started having this problem.

well i'd try at least to turn it down. warframe has recently had resolution update for 4k so you might have to alter it whether or not it stayed the same or not.

39 minutes ago, SangosTophat said:

At the very least, add a mouse sensitivity slider for menus. 

That would be great, but until then, what OS and video card do you use?  Also, what are your settings at? High?

Edited by Xekrin

5 minutes ago, SangosTophat said:

Video card: some Nvidia one.

Specificity helps in these situations.  You may not think the video card matters, but it is the graphics card that is doing all the work, not the mouse.  The mouse is just relaying your input to the screen.

My advice would be to lower your settings, perhaps all of them to the lowest setting possible.  Restart and see if that cleared it, if so go one by one and raise settings until it happens again.

If not, try googling mouse lag windows 8.1 I did a quick search earlier for your mouse brand and "lag" and found many results you should take a look at.

I got the Red Dragon mouse too, and I don't experience anything the sort of what you describe.

In any case, you could just press the arrow button on top of it to increase its speed (I know there's a correct term for this but now it's late and I can't think straight)

51 minutes ago, Railgun_Alter said:

I got the Red Dragon mouse too, and I don't experience anything the sort of what you describe.

In any case, you could just press the arrow button on top of it to increase its speed (I know there's a correct term for this but now it's late and I can't think straight)

Yeah, it's set to max, as always.

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

Specificity helps in these situations.  You may not think the video card matters, but it is the graphics card that is doing all the work, not the mouse.  The mouse is just relaying your input to the screen.

My advice would be to lower your settings, perhaps all of them to the lowest setting possible.  Restart and see if that cleared it, if so go one by one and raise settings until it happens again.

If not, try googling mouse lag windows 8.1 I did a quick search earlier for your mouse brand and "lag" and found many results you should take a look at.

card information: 

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

Display Memory: 12159 MB
Dedicated Memory: 3994 MB
Shared Memory: 8164 MB

System:

Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16330MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

Edited by SangosTophat