Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue Mission Void Fissures are Nothing but Frustration

Elkybam

So the way how I like to proceed with normal rescue missions is to stealthily go about and silently kill wardens. In void fissure missions, this stealth aspect is completely cut out by having wardens become corrupted and suddenly aware where you are, thus setting off the alarm. I'm set in a frenzy of one minute to get to the hostage, which more corrupted units appear out of thin air: bombards, ancients, and all. Additionally, if you open up the wrong chamber, a void strike team materializes and creates much more unnecessary chaos. My worst offender was when a Fusion MOA killed me while I was hacking with 7 seconds left on the clock.

A possible change for this is to prevent any sort of void spawning/corruption inside rescue tiles. If the wardens are still to be corrupted, at least make sure that they are still unaware of my presence. Otherwise, just remove void fissure rescue missions altogether.

Thats why like in also normal rescue rooms you can go trough side ways and avoid other enemys outsdie the cell room. You simply avoid everythign else and go directly to the cells without anyone able to bother you excpet maybe the one enemy in the cell.

I am getting tired of people using the front door, may it be fissure or sortie and die at the front door but blame the mission design.

Learn the rooms, layouts and sideways to go in the rooms, enough said.

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Thats why like in also normal rescue rooms you can go trough side ways and avoid other enemys outsdie the cell room. You simply avoid everythign else and go directly to the cells without anyone able to bother you excpet maybe the one enemy in the cell.

I am getting tired of people using the front door, may it be fissure or sortie and die at the front door but blame the mission design.

Learn the rooms, layouts and sideways to go in the rooms, enough said.

Actually, I always go through the sides, regardless of which tileset the mission is based at (I don't know anything about Kuva Fortress though). The point I forgot to make was that the warden corruption happened right when I entered the room's tile (door with two panels you always have to press). I was going to observe them as usual until they became corrupted and their hive mind automatically told them I was there.

Edited by Elkybam
Added more info.

Just now, Elkybam said:

Actually, I always go through the sides. The point I forgot to make was that the warden corruption happened right when I entered the room's tile (door with two panels you always have to press). I was going to observe them as usual until they became corrupted and their hive mind automatically told them I was there.

Understanding that point, but unavoidable how corrupted ones work atm with there hive thinking, best things is ignore them and let those fight eventualy other factions if it is other tilests and get to the cells and rescue hostage then take out the wardens and other enemys quickly.

Just now, Marine027 said:

Understanding that point, but unavoidable how corrupted ones work atm with there hive thinking, best things is ignore them and let those fight eventualy other factions if it is other tilests and get to the cells and rescue hostage then take out the wardens and other enemys quickly.

I wish I could, but it looks as if the warden's programming was made to set off the alarm as the highest priority. On the Grineer Settlement tileset, everyone became corrupted as I progressed. No third party faction conflict going on inside the rescue chambers.

For now I'm going to ignore such missions. It's frustrating that DE, unintentionally or intentionally, punishes players who stealth in this particular game.

Just now, Elkybam said:

I wish I could, but it looks as if the warden's programming was made to set off the alarm as the highest priority. On the Grineer Settlement tileset, everyone became corrupted as I progressed. No third party faction conflict going on inside the rescue chambers.

For now I'm going to ignore such missions. It's frustrating that DE, unintentionally or intentionally, punishes players who stealth in this particular game.

Yeah, stealth sadly, got left in thed dust.

I find it ironic how people only see it as a horde game with thigns liek survival, considering when i think back when the game started, you had to be careful on extemriante once not to trigger alamr and jsut rush trough and actualy had to realy on stealth kills.

Now its jsut sadly a gimmick which even seems nerfed, XP and Focus wise as example and alsmot pointles sicne survial or defense brings more that way.

Fissures tend to screw up spy missions too.

56 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I find it ironic how people only see it as a horde game with thigns liek survival, considering when i think back when the game started, you had to be careful on extemriante once not to trigger alamr and jsut rush trough and actualy had to realy on stealth kills.

wish I had known about WF back then, I would have liked to experience that type of gameplay.