Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access - sweetening the deal

Phyrak

Hey there,

PA can be rather hit and miss.
The aim of this discussion is to bring lore and gameplay on par.

There are some gameplay additions that could work upon completing a PA - be it buying it or completing the sets.
This could yield bygone mods, warframe augments or possibly stances for weapons.

For example.

Ash Prime:
The assassin.

After exploring x tile set, you come across the remains of the ash prime warframe.
With a black scythe buried in the back of his head, you inspect the body.
A mod of a past conflict is found.

Primed chamber.

Nekros Prime:
The blood thirsty.

The battlefield is littered with dessicated bodies, some torn in half by a great blade.
The great blade itself impaled in a strange construct.

Upon closer inspection, the blade oozes energy and memories of the battle.

The reaper augment is revealed, nekros wielding a great scythe cleaving foes in twain.

-------

As sub quests, similar to how chroma was introduced with following traces to find the battlefield where fallen primes lay could be a way to give living lore to the game and interaction with such lore.

----------

Potential new items for PA to introduce.

Building cornerstone weapons:
Taking a theoretical example for Hydroid prime.

Nami Skyla prime.

Nami solo prime
Skyla solo prime
Creating nami Skyla prime.

Mods.

Mods are an interesting one for relics.
Prime mods fill the niche of mods coming from the Orokin time.
Such mods would need to work akin to the sentinel mod "coolant leak" in having no ranks to rank up but come at full rank upon gaining the mod.

These could also be a precursor to set piece mods. That is mods akin to the armour set pieces of diablo - gaining power the more mods are equipped.

Such mods could bring out more creativity in faction based mods - cephalon simaris could be such a benefactor.

What could make make PA more interesting to buy or complete as a set?

Would any of the above see more use in lore or gameplay if implemented?

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

Edit: 

Those who have already unlocked a PA pack(s) can take players to said instances as to reduce the gating of such mods or stances

Edited by Phyrak
Forgot a word + addition to remove gating

You posted this on Reddit too if I'm not mistaken. I like the idea of Primes having their own little Chroma style encounters. Like maybe when a new Prime Warframe comes out, instead of just farming for the all the parts, we could instead get the blueprint from an actual surviving version of that Prime. It would be very cool to hunt for an Ash Prime while in a derelict. 

It's a cool concept, but it would probably complicate the lore too much and DE don't seem to keen on those ideas anyway. Oh well.

33 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

You posted this on Reddit too if I'm not mistaken. I like the idea of Primes having their own little Chroma style encounters. Like maybe when a new Prime Warframe comes out, instead of just farming for the all the parts, we could instead get the blueprint from an actual surviving version of that Prime. It would be very cool to hunt for an Ash Prime while in a derelict. 

It's a cool concept, but it would probably complicate the lore too much and DE don't seem to keen on those ideas anyway. Oh well.

That is correct

Different communities bring different ideas, of which I partake in growing and refining said discussions from

Your comment on this being a potential future would be amazing

Especially if it is retroactive

I would absolutely despise set bonuses in this game. There's many reasons why Diablo III was a failure but similar games and its predecessors were not, part of it is how significant and even important sets are, limiting diversity and forcing the meta to go in a specific direction with specific combos. It's not healthy in a game with customization and hybrid builds.

I do think Prime Access unlocking a mission you can do once to collect your items would be very cool, but as aforementioned, it's going to delay things further and considering how long Valkyrs cutscene took, I'd imagine this wouldn't make things any smoother. It sounds awesome but it's so much work for the exact same thing just less of a kick to it.

5 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

I do think Prime Access unlocking a mission you can do once to collect your items would be very cool, but as aforementioned, it's going to delay things further .

Would it really be such a challenge to place a Warframe NPC in a random derelect mission? I'm talking about the lore implications.

1 hour ago, Navarchus said:

I would absolutely despise set bonuses in this game. There's many reasons why Diablo III was a failure but similar games and its predecessors were not, part of it is how significant and even important sets are, limiting diversity and forcing the meta to go in a specific direction with specific combos. It's not healthy in a game with customization and hybrid builds.

I do think Prime Access unlocking a mission you can do once to collect your items would be very cool, but as aforementioned, it's going to delay things further and considering how long Valkyrs cutscene took, I'd imagine this wouldn't make things any smoother. It sounds awesome but it's so much work for the exact same thing just less of a kick to it.

Aye,

I understand the problems of such implications but it could yield interesting combinations and hybridizing if done properly

I wouldn't be thinking full trailer, rather akin to the following voice over of the octavia quest

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Would it really be such a challenge to place a Warframe NPC in a random derelect mission? I'm talking about the lore implications.

This would be amazing