Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I focus on?

Bjornel

Question

There is just so many things to do for a beginner.
So I am now finishing my Limbo quest. I am somehow stuck on Saturn. I only had one Orokin Reactor and I put it in my Ember, so that is my strongest frame now. I have some decent rare mods, even some dual ones. I am mastery rank 7 and I just wonder .. what to focus on next?
Maybe to get more credits so that I would be finally able to fully level up expansive Mods like Vitality?
Maybe on the quest line ... Second dream should unlock a powerfull focus ability right?
Or maybe I really should get some important Mods?

So many choices. What do you feel is instrumental for raising in power?

5 answers to this question

The progression is paced as you like--your speed. Mods drop randomly, so that might be a stumbling block, same as resources. I say focus on completing the starchart and opening up more potential missions for yourself, that will open up more mod drop potential as well as resources. Sure, TSD quest is the next major storyline quest and it does open up some stuff for you, but as they have it now, the quests are locked to the junctions which have specific requirements to unlock.

I would personally focus on the credits and mods, myself. If you're stuck on Saturn then you should probably look into getting stronger before trying to advance the Second Dream because that takes you to some tougher places, compared to Saturn's levels. And War Within after that is a bit harder. Upgrading things like Vitality and Serration will directly make you stronger and help you survive better. 

Focus doesn't get actually powerful without a good amount of investment, especially from a newer player. When I first unlocked it, it took me forever to farm the required Affinity to make anything useful. I recommend putting that off for a little while, if I'm being honest.

Also, there are nodes called "Dark Sectors" on every planet. They are Infested nodes that give increased resources and higher credit mission rewards. I still use them to farm, myself. There are no particularly great/necessary mods that come from them (there's a couple of neat ones, though), but they're top-tier for gathering the materials that are on the planet. 

There is no actual introduction to Dark Sectors, but they're free to use as much as you want, and there are currently no clans controlling them, so you don't have to worry about taxes and junk like that. The screen that shows that stuff is misleading, but it shows you stuff like credit reward and bonus affinity, as well as material drop chance - those are the only important things on the Dark Sector selection.

Thanks for ideas guys. I really appreciate your insight. What do you think about focusing on a particular weapon and frame? For example I can try to level up my Trinity several times with multiple Formas (well .. by multiple I mean like .. 3 .. I have .. 3 I think), buy an Orokin reactor for her. I can do the same for some good weapon easily obtainable weapon .. like Heck maybe .. and I should and up with decent setup for both damage and utility. It may allow me to break this Saturn "wall" and move to end game planets even without paying hundereds of thousands credits for maximised mods?
I mean .. as soon as I have One viable frame with a decent weapon everything else is much easier ... be it a credit grind or mod searching or quest hunting.

Edited by Bjornel

well...i always tell new players to try to complete the star map. so you're on the right path there. with regards to having a viable frame, Trinity is great in terms of support. With her you'll be able to sustain yourself in tougher missions for longer. When I was playing, I completed the star map with the Latron. but back then things were way different. Having a good weapon will do you no harm. the Hek is a good choice, but if you were around when they gave out the Dex Sybaris, that'll be the most powerful weapon you currently own, if you have it. apart from that, the normal Tigris is not a bad choice. Neither is the normal Boltor. Notice I'm not referring to any prime weapons or frames here because I do not believe in rushing to get prime parts. If you have friends that want to take you on some relic farms and then farm for a prime weapon that's fine. but its not a necessity.