Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

volt prime?

polishanarchy

Question

Hey, new player here. Really enjoying the game so far, honestly surprised I hadn't heard of it before. I'm currently playing the Volt and I enjoy it so far. I was wondering how difficult it is to acquire volt prime? I read that it was put in a vault or something. 

15 answers to this question

Volt Prime is indeed vaulted, meaning the Relics containing his parts do not drop in missions anymore.

However, there's still quite a few of those Relics floating around out there so you might get lucky in public (or e.g. Clan) Fissures.

You can also trade with other players, Volt Prime will only get more expensive the longer he's vaulted
though with his parts all being merely of Uncommon rarity, there's also a bunch of full sets sitting in inventories
so he's not terribly overpriced yet (averaging below 100 Platinum last I checked).

yeah he is Vaulted at the moment.. you could ask in the ingame trading section.. maybe someone has some spare prime parts up for sale.. I have Volt Prime (I actually have all the Prime's, except Oberon as having problems adding funding to my PSN wallet for some reason..) but unfortunately I don't have any spare Volt Prime parts to sell/trade you or I would happily of traded.

I would highly recommend farming up prime parts and trading them for plat. http://warframe.market will help with that. It only took me one day of casual farming to get the 75p I spent on my Volt Prime set. Just don't trade off parts for Ash Prime, Carrier Prime or Vectis Prime - sit on them for a while and watch the prices rise a bit.

If you have some extra syndicate standing, trading augments, weapons, and archwing weapon parts is also quick plat.

you have four options.

1. wait for volt prime to be unvaulted

2. buy the relics so you can farm volt prime.

3. buy the parts through warframe.market

4. cry in a corner because you can not do any of these.

Why I get why you want the Prime version of something, do not forget that is not gamebreaking to possess the Prime. Your Volt will do (almost) just as fine as Volt Prime would, you just have to add an extra forma at most.

Edited by (PS4)ExetSM

50 minutes ago, jopos15 said:

you have four options.

1. wait for volt prime to be unvaulted

2. buy the relics so you can farm volt prime.

3. buy the parts through warframe.market

4. cry in a corner because you can not do any of these.

4 seems like a good option ay?

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

Why I get why you want the Prime version of something, do not forget that is not gamebreaking to possess the Prime. Your Volt will do just as fine as Volt Prime would, you just have to add an extra forma at most.

Not quite. In addition to pre-polarized slots, all prime items have improved base stats over the base version. In Volt Prime's case, 100 armor and 200 energy compared to Volt's 15 armor and 100 energy - not a huge difference, but appreciable.

25 minutes ago, Azure.Fang said:

Not quite. In addition to pre-polarized slots, all prime items have improved base stats over the base version. In Volt Prime's case, 100 armor and 200 energy compared to Volt's 15 armor and 100 energy - not a huge difference, but appreciable.

Well, I hoped that my post would not be taken as "there's no difference except the polarity" but I was apparently unclear, so changed it = )

Pretty much what everybody else said is valid. Since you are new, you should of started out with 50 platinum (plt). This is the best currency in the game. Volt Prime is roughly 75plt for the whole set. So you can ask around and see if somebody in Maroos Bazaar will trade you a set for 50plt. If you don't want to do that, you can always wait for him to be unvaulted, but that requires patience. 

26 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MalevolentEwok said:

Pretty much what everybody else said is valid. Since you are new, you should of started out with 50 platinum (plt). This is the best currency in the game. Volt Prime is roughly 75plt for the whole set. So you can ask around and see if somebody in Maroos Bazaar will trade you a set for 50plt. If you don't want to do that, you can always wait for him to be unvaulted, but that requires patience. 

That doesn't work at all, seeing how starter Plat can't be traded.

(Also, Trading Chat > Maroo's Bazaar.)