Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Silva&Aegis Prime

Aeon94

Warframe0008.jpg

Warframe0009.jpg

Warframe0010.jpg

I was trying to get some screenshots in captura and noticed these low quality textures on Silva&Aegis. Seriously look at images , it looks godawful ( even with high quality settings ). Noticed this as well with Dominion Heavy Blade skin ( Chroma Dynasty Blade Skin ) and some of latest stuff.

Pls DE update those textures and low quality modelling D:

Edit : Also can u make those folding parts' textures lighter ? They look darker than main color. ( Image 1 )

Edited by Aeon94

20 hours ago, JSharpie said:

You're zoomed in on it. Zoom out and it won't look bad. If you zoom in on anything it's going to look bad.

No. That's not true , zoom in on Oberon Prime or on most of stuff we have ( with PBR ) then look at these pixelated textures and low poly modelling on Silva&Aegis Prime. You will see what I mean.

I can post pics of zoomed in stuff with better quality :wink:

Edited by Aeon94

The quality of the textures of the Silva and Aegis are on the right compression level. That's because if they made them REALLY detailed, it'd start to look serrated, as some stuff already does (have you seen Excalibur's helmets details?)

Oberon Prime when zoomed in at the same place looks bad too, and shows compression. What counts is at a "medium zoom" as I call it (AKA going to a wall and not forcing the camera super close to it), and in those scenarios he looks great. Valkyr Prime and Saryn Prime, for contrast, show the compression easily, Nekros Prime has a bit and Banshee Prime looks incredibly great.

The same thing can't be said of the Targis Prime or the newly released Sukira Prime, for example, which shows the compression as soon as you leave the Arsenal (and on it if you have good eye sight).

BTW, Excalibur Prime is highly uncompressed but doesn't look good because the tint file is a bit screwed at the time :P

Edited by NightmareT12