Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concepts] Ark, Styx, Jet, Liza, Ex, Ixodes, Lazarus, Lilith, Tatu, Lancelot, Eve...

Xgomme

Hi, I'll put all my warframe concepts in this thread. Most of them were made a while ago but I'm updating them and I'll make a sketch when needed.

ARK (Heavy Gunner):

Spoiler

ARK.jpg

(His base colors are maybe too much "Metroid" and close to "EX", will maybe change)

Similar size and bulky shape than Atlas

STYX (Gravity / Melee Channeling)

Spoiler

STYX.jpg

The weapon in the artwork is a new AW melee, and she can use any AW melee with her 4*

The name will make you think about mythology and you'll say what about gravity ? I just did something a la Jojo Bizarre Adventure, Gravity is a song of the band Styx :clem:

I'm also assuming that Styx, Pluto's satellite could have some weird gravity too

JET (Rollerskater / Buffer)

Spoiler

JET.jpg

You can cast his 4 when you reach the desired level by simply pressing 4, the aura effect is duration based. But you can refresh it. And you can stack all 5 auras, the "trick cost" is here to keep the player active and to balance the character

He's pretty small, like Nezha or the operators.

(Old sketch, and colors will change I guess)

EX (Conscience) :

Spoiler

EX.jpg

Most funky frame I made :clem: The concept idea is the Good/Evil conscience. His Memory ability recreate AW powers based on what his brain stored during passed AW battles (lore friendly explanation)

Ex is a sort of codename, I'll try to find something better
"IMO EX's 1st and 2nd should do more than spawn a sentinel, for example Good could convert a percent of the damage it does into energy, shields, or health and Evil could buff your damage based on the damage it does or cause enemies it hits to take additional damage. Also since the passive encourages you to without a sentinel I'd suggest Good and Evil the Guardian and Sanctuary abilities by default."

(I will include this or something like this)

LIZA (Reptile / Summoner) :

Spoiler

LIZA.jpg

IXODES (Arachnids / Morph)  : 

Spoiler

IXODES.jpg

I made him way before Titania, and half of his original abilities are now on Titania :clem: So I totally revamped him to keep him totally unique and focused on arachnids only. The end result is a pretty complex jack of all trade, but more based around stealth. But on endless missions after some stealth kills and parasiting around, he'll gain those interesting morphs to dps and tank way better.

LAZARUS (Hack/Genetics)

Révélation

Lazarus.jpg

LILITH (Vampire)

Révélation

Lilith.jpg

Still need work, first version 

The visual of her 1 will look like how vampires suck blood in Blood Omen, from distance using her hand to channel void energy and attract the blood (I think I'll add something for mates, so they'll have some healing too if they touch the "blood ray" )

1 and 2 cost energy, 3 and 4 cost HP

Pet bats will leech back some HP to you

Her 2 is a mix between a rhino charge and wukong's cloud, it's starts with a dash and you can recast to dash again. And based on duration you'll stay in "cloud" form for X seconds after (cancel the cloud with a long press)

Her 3 will cast a giggly blood silouhette around you, when you hold it will "eat" mobs with less than X% around similar to how you can grab mobs into Hydroid's puddle

Finally 4, could be called "balanced soundquake" something working like soundquake but with a real drawback and synergy with the kit. Something you won't spam h24 on Hydron :clem:

Her defensive stats are weak, I wanted to make something quite the opposite of Inaros (wich is already a vampire to me, a mummy one :clem: )

With her scalable design she could have the lowest HP and Shield ingame, but still achieve endgame content if the player is always active managing his blood/bloodshield/vampirised mobs and pet bats

TATU (Wheel/Armor)

Révélation

Tatu.jpg

LANCELOT (Knight/Horse)

Révélation

knightframe.jpg

I'm on the Knightframe ! ♫ :clem:

Secondary ability descriptions = mounted

EVE (Mecha/Lolli)

Révélation

EVE.jpgEvangelionception, an operator controlling a frame controlling a mecha :clem:

And yeah, this time I really got the idea from Overwatch, even if D.Va is still nothing original I still got the idea from her :3

COLLABS :

BOLTZWELL (RNG/Doubleface) 

Spoiler

Boltzwell.jpg

Original desing by "life-giving-air

I just made the art, added the scalling with lights on the roulette and the passive on this one.

CERBERUS (Hound)

Révélation

cerberus.jpg

GAZOLINE (Oil/Petrol)

Révélation

GAZOLINE.jpg

SKARH (Scarecrow/Fear)

Révélation

SkarV2.jpg&key=5a756d713f2d66f6cab520a6c

ADAMIA (Gem/Mining) 

Révélation

Adamia.jpg

Big concept here, it's a rework of a rework of a concept though :clem:

She have 4 forms, each form based on a gem you have to equip in your loadout screen. Gems are obtainable through her quest/other farmable things.

Each form have a role on the battleground and a unique gameplay. You can't switch in mission cause each form will ask totally different builds. (Similar to Chroma, but really different, and not half useful)

The color of the gem is not affected by the player customisation. (To keep things logical)

Original Thread : 

Rework Thread : 

MIST (Dance/Gymnast)

Révélation

Mist.jpg&key=269862e3447216ae3bf2ece7a0a

Some other ones are already designed but the sheets are not ready yet. SoonTM

Most of them have a hidden goal, use content we don't use that much ingame, even if it's cool content (AW gears, wall attacks, channeling, wall latch, etc)

I don't put stats here, since it's often a way to talk around something not useful for a concept, I usually put "X", just replace with any stats you find balanced.

OTHER CONCEPTS/IDEAS :

Spoiler

EqP2.png

Equinox Prime

JvqsPZu.png

Infested Kubrow Weapon (Primary : Spit poison // Secondary : Bite)

akja.png

Akjagara + New weapon rework

KubrowPetPatternXmasA.png

Kubrow Tails :3

po.png

Sort of MOBA vs map/mode early concept

OLD THREADS : 

Spoiler

Any feedbacks ? :clem:

Edited by Xgomme
Lancelot and Eve added

2 hours ago, JSharpie said:

oh damn, is that male samus aran? please DE. I want it.

Kind of yeah, I totally digged into Metroid for the design :clem:

Thanks for the feedbacks though, more coming soon !

On 15/06/2017 at 4:02 AM, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Um... some of them look like Overwatch Characters. They have similar themes and some of the abilities seems strangely familiar.

Most of them were made before Overwatch

And 100% of Overwatch is copy pasted on other games...

When I make a frame named "Jet" you should talk about Jet Set Radio, not about this Blizzard copy galery :clem:

My inspirations for the visual of those frames :

ARK > Metroid

Styx > Blazblue (Hakumen) 

JET > Jet Set Radio ( :clem: )

EX > Inferno from Soul Calibur

LIZA > maybe some Turok

Edited by Xgomme

27 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Most of them were made before Overwatch

And 100% of Overwatch is copy pasted on other games...

When I make a frame named "Jet" you should talk about Jet Set Radio, not about this Blizzard copy galery :clem:

My inspirations for the visual of those frames :

ARK > Metroid

Styx > Blazblue (Hakumen) 

JET > Jet Set Radio ( :clem: )

EX > Inferno from Soul Calibur

LIZA > maybe some Turok

Go play "some" real games, kid :loka:

Well can you make one that has never been seen before. A concept that is so new that you can't even have any resemblance. Maybe it'll be fun to try to make one absolutely unique. Something that is inspired by other games but it's so hard to tell that it will make it look like something absolutely brand new.

9 hours ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Well can you make one that has never been seen before. A concept that is so new that you can't even have any resemblance. Maybe it'll be fun to try to make one absolutely unique. Something that is inspired by other games but it's so hard to tell that it will make it look like something absolutely brand new.

Since warframes are themed... Not really

And imo those are unique enough, when I say "my inspirations are" it's not like "I want them to look like that" it's just how they end to look like ^^

Warframe is mostly themed around pop culture and asian stuff, I could design something pure unique based on a weird animal like pistol shrimp, but it's not "pop" enough to me

Edited by Xgomme

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to save Zenuka! Have him take the spot of the companion, since he's like a robot dog he could use both companion and sentinel mods.

Or DE could make him the first quad warframe

As a warframe his passive could be like Chroma the color dictates his element.

The first ability Nezhas Fire walker but with the chosen color's element.

Second power Frosts Ice wave again with color's element.

Third power Saryns Toxic lash with color's element

Fourth power Rhinos Stomp color's element included

Weapon placement:

primary is mounted on back example would be like the dog in "Jet Force Gemini" from the Nintendo 64 era

secondary in the head a "mouth" opens to fire or is mounted "go pro" style on side of head

melee takes the place of the tail like Blade Wolf from "Metal Gear"

quick melee when primary or secondary are equipped could be a simple front paw swipe.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Otosenyaw said:

I want to save Zenuka! Have him take the spot of the companion, since he's like a robot dog he could use both companion and sentinel mods.

Or DE could make him the first quad warframe

As a warframe his passive could be like Chroma the color dictates his element.

The first ability Nezhas Fire walker but with the chosen color's element.

Second power Frosts Ice wave again with color's element.

Third power Saryns Toxic lash with color's element

Fourth power Rhinos Stomp color's element included

Weapon placement:

primary is mounted on back example would be like the dog in "Jet Force Gemini" from the Nintendo 64 era

secondary in the head a "mouth" opens to fire or is mounted "go pro" style on side of head

melee takes the place of the tail like Blade Wolf from "Metal Gear"

quick melee when primary or secondary are equipped could be a simple front paw swipe.

I totally like the idea and also want Hyenas as pets too (Like you said sort of half companion and sentinel, I would also add a sentinel weapon slot)

And instead of the chroma thing I guess making us farm another time each Frost, Ember, Saryn, Volt, to use the parts as crafting materials for each separate pet is better 

And Zanuka as a quad frame is kinda cool too, I'll dig this idea

But I still don't understand to wich part of my thread you're answering :clem:

Edited by Xgomme

15 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

I totally like the idea and also want Hyenas as pets too (Like you said sort of half companion and sentinel, I would also add a sentinel weapon slot)

And instead of the chroma thing I guess making us farm another time each Frost, Ember, Saryn, Volt, to use the parts as crafting materials for each separate pet is better 

And Zanuka as a quad frame is kinda cool too, I'll dig this idea

But I still don't understand to wich part of my thread you're answering :clem:

Sorry I'm just posting. I thought this was a warframe idea thread. Regardless if you could help me get this idea out to the general warframe public. That would be awsome!

Edited by (XB1)Otosenyaw

44 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Otosenyaw said:

Sorry I'm just posting. I thought this was a warframe idea thread. Regardless if you could help me get this idea out to the general warframe public. That would be awsome!

Ahah no problem, and this quad frame idea is something I like, I'll maybe use this idea for a concept soon I'll stay you tuned ^^

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 9:07 AM, Xgomme said:

EX added, who thought Equinox was the most crazy concept around ? :clem:

IMO EX's 1st and 2nd should do more than spawn a sentinel, for example Good could convert a percent of the damage it does into energy, shields, or health and Evil could buff your damage based on the damage it does or cause enemies it hits to take additional damage. Also since the passive encourages you to without a sentinel I'd suggest Good and Evil the Guardian and Sanctuary abilities by default.

Other than those nitpicks I think that EX as well as Ark and Styx are all pretty interesting concepts.

19 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

IMO EX's 1st and 2nd should do more than spawn a sentinel, for example Good could convert a percent of the damage it does into energy, shields, or health and Evil could buff your damage based on the damage it does or cause enemies it hits to take additional damage. Also since the passive encourages you to without a sentinel I'd suggest Good and Evil the Guardian and Sanctuary abilities by default.

Other than those nitpicks I think that EX as well as Ark and Styx are all pretty interesting concepts.

Yeah I never really added things on those two, but some added effects are totally needed. I like your ideas I'll edit those soon. And thanks for the feedbacks really appreciated !

I also plan to rework "Liza" a bit soon, and next frame concept will be around the "horseman/knight" theme to spoil a little.