Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low FPS on High End Rig

Link99135

Question

I am using a very high end pc with a i7 4790k CPU and a GTX 1070 GPU.  I should not be getting any lag at all running even on high, (my version of high is with out AA and ASF) but after a few missions it goes down to getting a steady 30 FPS even though it started at around 200-300 FPS.  I'm not understanding what's causing this, memory isn't backed up or anything and decreasing the settings doesn't seem to help any. 

5 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Link99135 said:

I am using a very high end pc with a i7 4790k CPU and a GTX 1070 GPU.  I should not be getting any lag at all running even on high, (my version of high is with out AA and ASF) but after a few missions it goes down to getting a steady 30 FPS even though it started at around 200-300 FPS.  I'm not understanding what's causing this, memory isn't backed up or anything and decreasing the settings doesn't seem to help any. 

Maybe your PC is overheating? Try checking what temperatures you have while you play.

35 minutes ago, Link99135 said:

Thats an issue with your pc or drivers, I've got an i7 4790k and 1060 6GB and never drop below 60fps (vsync), last time I took vsync off it was always in the 150+ range

You can get lag if you get stuck with a toaster as a host but it shouldn't be affecting your frame rate that much. 

54 minutes ago, Link99135 said:

Consider running a stress test to verify good drivers, also would be a smart idea to have thermal monitor running in the background as well

there have been known memory leaks on various driver versions for Nvidia physics but all you can do at this point is test and narrow down

the possibilities.

my pc is not overheating, i'm sure of that, my desktop has fine cooling, drivers are current as far as i can tell.  i looked up some solutions i think disabiling reverb in the audio might be helping but haven't done a lot of testing