Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration fails, players suddenly disconnecting

----G----

It is not rare for me to see players disconnecting when I'm the host or to go back to my Liset after a failed host migration.

In the first issue, I would play and my squad mates would freeze before all disconnecting simultaneously. I was caught off gard several times when I expected my squad mates to be around only to find out that they had been silently removed from the game. No notification like "X left the squad", just one chat line per player. The latest times this happened to me, the extraction point had appeared seconds ago and in a defense, this happened just before the "leave / battle" screen appeared. This is probably a coincidence though.

The second issue is what I believe to be the client counterpart of the first one : a host migration message would appear, then I would be redirected to my Liset after the migration failed, which takes a few seconds, or the message would never go away, leaving no other solution than closing the game. This must have happened to me more than a dozen times since two weeks ago.

Why is this happening ? There seems to be no reason at all, but I must be missing something.

While I am seeing more issues with connection stability since about a month or two ago it does sound like when you host you're dropping the connection to the other players for some reason.... dodgy internet or dodgy networking gear or it's configuration is the most likely cause.