Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can i trade platinum for tennogen skins if one person can buy in my account tennogen skins?

---KUROSAKI--ICHIGO---

Question

8 minutes ago, ---KUROSAKI--ICHIGO--- said:

can i trade platinum for tennogen skins if one person can buy in my account of warframe tennogen skins? 

i can or no i need info pls :) i have platinum but no money anyone can say me :) ? 

I don't know if it's authorized by warframe's rules (but i don't think it is) , and even if it is it's at your own risk.

Edited by Kiochy

Actually, to those who say it's against the rules - I don't think so. The OP seems to say that someone will log on to his account (a trusted friend, I hope), buy the skin with their own money, and later on, the OP will trade plat to them.

That seems legal.

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

Actually, to those who say it's against the rules - I don't think so. The OP seems to say that someone will log on to his account (a trusted friend, I hope), buy the skin with their own money, and later on, the OP will trade plat to them.

That seems legal.

The usual spiel for any agreement with a game is that, you are expressly prohibited from using another persons account. It's most likely there, but I don't want to take the time to find it.

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You can't gift tennogen?

There is a work around. but it requires absolute trust for someone to go into your steam account and load money in there so you can buy it or they just do so at the moment.

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

The usual spiel for any agreement with a game is that, you are expressly prohibited from using another persons account. It's most likely there, but I don't want to take the time to find it.

actually steam has a sharing clause

and we aren't talking about warframe in truth. the process involves getting the funds into steam. after that there is no need for anyone but the original account holder to log into their Warframe account and purchase it using the steam account balance.

1 minute ago, AerinSol said:

There is a work around. but it requires absolute trust for someone to go into your steam account and load money in there so you can buy it or they just do so at the moment.

That would be a violation of the games TOS, where in you would be transferring platinum for an equivalent of real world currency, in this case paying for a Tennogen item.

12 hours ago, ---KUROSAKI--ICHIGO--- said:

can i trade platinum for tennogen skins if one person can buy in my account of warframe tennogen skins? 

i can or no i need info pls :) i have platinum but no money anyone can say me :) ? 

You can only purchase Tennogen through Steam. you can tell that person to gift you the money to your Steam account.

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

That would be a violation of the games TOS, where in you would be transferring platinum for an equivalent of real world currency, in this case paying for a Tennogen item.

Actually, it's not. I just read through the End Use License Agreement, and this doesn't count. He's having someone else buy the skin for him. And then he's giving them plat. Technically, from a lawyer's point of view, that isn't trading for something in real life.

Actually, it's not. I just read through the End Use License Agreement, and this doesn't count. He's having someone else buy the skin for him. And then he's giving them plat. Technically, from a lawyer's point of view, that isn't trading for something in real life.

You are running the risk of this person's account based on an assumption, when very clearly by the wording of the TOS DE is fully capable of using it to claim the gifting of Plat to someone else that bought you a tennogen skin as real world trading. OP should not proceed with this idea without directly asking support this question in detail, NOT go off of just the forums.

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

You are running the risk of this person's account based on an assumption, when very clearly by the wording of the TOS DE is fully capable of using it to claim the gifting of Plat to someone else that bought you a tennogen skin as real world trading. OP should not proceed with this idea without directly asking support this question in detail, NOT go off of just the forums.

I'm not going to disagree there. That's true, OP, instead of asking for our opinions, actually ask DE.

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account (including purchases and charges, as applicable), and Digital Extremes is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party.

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

only parts I can find relating to this. in the TOS

1 minute ago, ---KUROSAKI--ICHIGO--- said:

hey guys this topic was only for info :) is no ilegal want info abot the topic true ?! :v

people like to think they know everything.

But the process I described is a way to do what you asked. Keeping with the threads original intent. But again. It is risky.

5 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account (including purchases and charges, as applicable), and Digital Extremes is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party.

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

only parts I can find relating to this. in the TOS

9.     Fees

Digital Extremes may charge fees to access and acquire certain game items or participate in Game activities on the Website and may allow the purchase of in-game “currency” that may be applied to the purchase of in-game items or activities ("Platinum") ANY APPLICABLE PLATINUM, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND NONTRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY REASON. PLATINUM HAS NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES.  You agree that you will provide accurate and complete payment information to the third-party payment provider used by Digital Extremes for purchasing Platinum or other fee-based activities on the Website or in the Game. You further agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you. Digital Extremes may revise the pricing for the Game or any item associated therewith at any time. All fees and charges are payable in accordance with payment terms in effect at the time the fee or the charge becomes due and payable. Digital Extremes may, from time to time, modify, amend, or supplement its fees and fee-billing methods, and such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting in this Agreement or elsewhere on the Website or in the Game. If there is a dispute regarding payment of fees to Digital Extremes, your Account may be closed without warning or notice at the sole discretion of Digital Extremes.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

9.     Fees

Digital Extremes may charge fees to access and acquire certain game items or participate in Game activities on the Website and may allow the purchase of in-game “currency” that may be applied to the purchase of in-game items or activities ("Platinum") ANY APPLICABLE PLATINUM, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND NONTRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY REASON. PLATINUM HAS NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES.  You agree that you will provide accurate and complete payment information to the third-party payment provider used by Digital Extremes for purchasing Platinum or other fee-based activities on the Website or in the Game. You further agree to pay all fees and applicable taxes incurred by you or anyone using an Account registered to you. Digital Extremes may revise the pricing for the Game or any item associated therewith at any time. All fees and charges are payable in accordance with payment terms in effect at the time the fee or the charge becomes due and payable. Digital Extremes may, from time to time, modify, amend, or supplement its fees and fee-billing methods, and such changes shall be effective immediately upon posting in this Agreement or elsewhere on the Website or in the Game. If there is a dispute regarding payment of fees to Digital Extremes, your Account may be closed without warning or notice at the sole discretion of Digital Extremes.

re·deem
[rəˈdēm]
VERB
  1. compensate for the faults or bad aspects of (something):
    "a disappointing debate redeemed only by an outstanding speech" ·
    synonyms: save · compensate for the defects of · vindicate ·
    • (redeem oneself)
      do something that compensates for poor past performance or behavior:
      "they redeemed themselves in the playoffs by pushing the Detroit Red Wings to a seventh and deciding game"
      synonyms: vindicate · free from blame · absolve
    • (of a person) atone or make amends for (error or evil):
      "the thief on the cross who by a single act redeemed a life of evil"
      synonyms: atone for · make amends for · make restitution for
  2. gain or regain possession of (something) in exchange for payment:
    "his best suit had been redeemed from the pawnbrokers"
    synonyms: retrieve · regain · recover · get back · reclaim ·

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

Snip

That doesn't disprove anything, though. This is, to break it down: 

1) OP's friend buy's Tennogen skin using their own money using OP's account.

2) OP trades plat to friend.

These are two separate deals that do not violate any terms in the EULA.

16 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

actually steam has a sharing clause

and we aren't talking about warframe in truth. the process involves getting the funds into steam. after that there is no need for anyone but the original account holder to log into their Warframe account and purchase it using the steam account balance.

Steam's TOS:

C. Your Account

When you complete Steam’s registration process, you create a Steam account ("Account"). Your Account may also include billing information you provide to Valve for the purchase of Subscriptions, Content and Services and any physical merchandise offered for purchase through Steam (“Hardware”). You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account except as otherwise specifically authorized by Valve. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your login and password and for the security of your computer system. Valve is not responsible for the use of your password and Account or for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your login name and password by you, by any person to whom you may have intentionally or by negligence disclosed your login and/or password in violation of this confidentiality provision, or by any other person who fraudulently used your login and password without your permission. If you believe that the confidentiality of your login and/or password may have been compromised, you must notify Valve via the support form (https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php) without any delay.

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Steam's TOS:

C. Your Account

When you complete Steam’s registration process, you create a Steam account ("Account"). Your Account may also include billing information you provide to Valve for the purchase of Subscriptions, Content and Services and any physical merchandise offered for purchase through Steam (“Hardware”). You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account except as otherwise specifically authorized by Valve. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your login and password and for the security of your computer system. Valve is not responsible for the use of your password and Account or for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your login name and password by you, by any person to whom you may have intentionally or by negligence disclosed your login and/or password in violation of this confidentiality provision, or by any other person who fraudulently used your login and password without your permission. If you believe that the confidentiality of your login and/or password may have been compromised, you must notify Valve via the support form (https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php) without any delay.

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

There is actually a lot of leway. Steam didn't write this down properly.

Any player may purchase, trade, earn, or otherwise acquire in-game content while playing a game, but in-game items cannot be shared between accounts.

Edited by AerinSol

That doesn't disprove anything, though. This is, to break it down: 

1) OP's friend buy's Tennogen skin using their own money using OP's account.

2) OP trades plat to friend.

These are two separate deals that do not violate any terms in the EULA.

1: sharing steam accounts is not permitted by Steam's TOS

2: paying in-game currency for real world currency or service outside of the game is exactly what is done in real world trading, which is an account-bannable offense as stated by DE.

3: Paying plat to a friend as a direct response to them buying you something using real world currency on a different platform is not the same as simply gifting plat to a friend. That argument would never fly at all in reply to DE viewing suspicious activity.