Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get stronger, confused

Rebel230

Question

Hello,

I have been playing about a month and a half. I am currently going between Mag Prime, Banshee Prime, Limbo and Octavia the most, and I have Nyx prime and nova prime crafting. I have about 18 frames all said to 30. I have completed the second dream quest and unlocked my focus. I have just started Pluto and Sedna and the game got very hard very fast. 

When using limbo for example, he is 30 with a greater focus. I have the orokin thing installed to double my mod cap and I am using current builds found on youtube from late 2016 or even 2017. I do not have any primed mods yet but I have maxed what I can to fill my mod spots based on the normal versions of the primed mods and the rest of the builds as well. so I'm 0/74 or close. I am using boltor prime, twin grakatas and atterax. I am also using common builds for those and have the proper mods installed from several videos again from youtubers. 

I guess my question is how do I improve my frames and weapons from here? I will ask for help in a mission and someone on sedan for example will go thru the mission so fast killing everything I cant even keep up just trying to follow them. I know I am new and some have played for a long period of time and will have spent forma and have primed mods etc. What is my next step? With the 1,000,000 credit tax primed mods wont be easy for me to come by yet so if I'm next step to start adding 1 or 2 forma to everything? I also do not understand which mod spots do you add the forma to? I see some videos where they will say add 1x D and 1x - but I have no clue what that means.

So any help of guidance as to what I should be doing next would be very appreciated.

9 answers to this question

Sorry, I didn't read that last paragraph.  In order to decide what slot to Forma and what polarity it will be is quite simple.  Your high leveled mods should take priority.  Match the polarities of the ones you will use on all your builds.  Every mod has a polarity in the upper right of the mod; Maderai, Naramon, and Vazarin, or D, Y, and dash for short. 

My advice, Forma for mods you will always use on the particular item for some frames: vitality (D slot,) Redirection (D slot;) Rifles Serration (Y slot) and Split Chamber (Y slot;) Shotguns Point Blank (Y slot) ... et cetera.  Formaing for these every build mods will enable you to level and max accompanying mods. No worries if you place the polarity in the wrong slot in terms of elemental builds as these can be repositioned.

Good luck

Edited by (XB1)MarineDawg
Clarity

So then they say " D, -, V" they mean the type of polarity slot for the different mod type.
V is like Pressure Point or Steel Charge
D is like Regenerator and Steel Fiber.
- is like Energy Siphon and so on.

Generally a blank spot is usually the better to forma one to do and it depends on personal play style as well as the individual warframe/weapons chosen.  Catalyst, Forma and Reactors are needed for most warframes that you plan on using a lot (for example I didn't use one on Banshee because I don't like her play style, so I leveled and sold her.)  My best advice would be look at how the warframe plays, see if you like it, and if you don't, then no forma and sell if you don't plan on touching it again, if you do, plan what you want to do with it and forma from there as needed.

As for the primed mods, Baro Kiteer is the only source of them so going on relic hunting missions followed up by Void Fissure alerts are the best way to gain prime parts to sell for ducats (and this can get you forma blueprints as well.)

To start your weapon choice and frame choice are all excellent choices you can stick with for a very long time so don't need to worry about that.

Warframe is the type of game that mods are the huge source of output damage. The higher you level the mods the more and more damage you'll start seeing.
Mods that should have priorities for Warframes are  Vitality, redirection, streamline,flow and intensify 

Primaries - The three main mods on primaries are Split Chamber,Serration and heavy cal so definitely level those/get them if you don't. For some guns point strike/vital sense and dual stat mods like high voltage just depends on their stats if it's more of a crit weapon or a status weapon 

Boltor builds 

Spoiler

yNBONRX.jpg

Spoiler

DNWnqok.jpg

Secondaries - The main mods on almost all pistols are Barrel diffusion, lethal torrent and hornet strike level those mods up then work towards dual stat mods like Jolt,pistol pestilence because elemental damage boosts your damage even more. Replace primed mods with their normal versions

Spoiler

PXPXqh9.jpg

Use corrosive against Grineer enemies (unless they don't have armor) If they don't have armor then use viral against infested or armorless grineer. Replace Jolt with Rime rounds to create viral. If you ever fight Corpus you can use viral or pure poison so pistol pestilence+infested clip since it goes straight through shields.

Melee - For melee weapons the must have mods are body count + bloodrush if you want a huge damage increase the longer you use your melee and keep the combo going.

Spoiler

vsolmgk.jpg

That's the build I always run on mine it's really good. I'd say try to work on different sections,  like however much endo you have start upgrading your warframe mods so put a bit into vitality+redirection so you get an increase for both HP and shields and don't die too easily. Same thing with flow+streamline to use powers more often and deal more damage. Then move over to primaries and do bit by bit you'll see improvements from all sections and you'll progress much easier.

Leveling mods will consume a big portion of your time so work on that first, the goal is to get you to the point where you can fly through maps nuking enemies. 
In my opinion you should start farming endo and relics. Places like Triton on Neptune is a really good place for endo and relics as well when you finish excavators. The reason I suggest this is because you have a chance on A rotations for an excavator to give 400 endo. On rotation  and C you have chances to get relics (higher chance on C) and if you farm here for a while you'll get a really good amount of endo to level those mods further and further. The other reason is because you'll get relics, so eventually you'll have a stock pile on relics and you can farm prime sets/ducat farming so you can buy things farm Baro w/o getting that awful 1mil credit tax.( also I don't think it's worth it to do that since prime mods take so much to level and the capacity would really cause issues for you if you don't have forma on or a orokin catalyst)

Forma - Now to explain forma , forma  is requirement when your mods reach a currant level and your gun doesn't have enough capacity. So this is where forma comes in, what forma does is reduce the capacity by half if you match the symbol of the mod with the polarity on the weapon. So lets take the mod Bloodrush as an example in the Atterax build I posted. So as you can see it's symbol looks like a V (correct name Madurai) so if you match Bloodrush in the Madurai slot it reduces the mods capacity to 7 instead of 14. That's the point where you want to get to. If your guns don't have the capacity to fit your mods on unless you use an orokin catalyst or forma. Then you're in a really good place by that time you'll have really good damage because the mods are leveling so much and you shouldn't have any issues killing with those guns from that point on

Sorry about the really long post I just wanted to make sure I can fully explain the things I wanted to and I  hope this helped even slightly. If you would like me to explain anything else further or want builds for any of those frame you posted I'm more than happy to help. I would post builds but it'd make this so much longer lol

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker
wording/grammar

Mobility is also key. Dodge roll gives you, iirc, 75% damage reduction. And bullet jump reduces enemy accuracy.

Another thing would be to specialize on what kind of defence you take. Using vitality and steel fiber on frost inaros or other tanky frames works them wonders, on frames with not so much armor like banshee i tend to only use vitality, and on ones with high shield like mag or volt i'd use redirection. Some frames are special, nekros and oberon benefits greatly with the health convergence mod because they can supply health readily.

As for weapons, look up what faction is weak againts what. The wikia has a complete rundown in these stuff like what does more/less damage againts what.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

On 6/4/2017 at 10:55 AM, Rebel230 said:

are my frame choices good choices? I like Mag prime, limbo, banshee prime, Octavia best so far. Are they good to use for later game stuff?

Those frames are fine. Octavia is op as heck.

Mag is nice for longer survival missions with her 3. She does really well, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You can look up videos and/or try it yourself if you don't believe me.

Limbo is really strong as well for endgame.

Banshee also does really well as triggering her weakpoints can often hit for 300k+ damage. Really nice if you build around this.