Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on the most recent patch

Noteybook

I'm pretty sure that, some aspects of Update 6 notwithstanding, Digital Extremes has done a remarkable job on listening to the players.

I agree. DE does listen to thier players, and I am grateful for that. But they also need to filter some things, because as has happened in Tribes:Ascend, listening too much can also be a bad thing. ie where every patch was wildly different and changed the game completely.

The game is still very good, it just needs tweaking. :3

I'm pretty sure that, some aspects of Update 6 notwithstanding, Digital Extremes has done a remarkable job on listening to the players.

I agree. Lets hope they use some of the topic we talk so much about right now then. It is great they've always listened before. Now we need them to keep listening.

I think the odds of that are in our favor.

I agree. DE does listen to thier players, and I am grateful for that. But they also need to filter some things, because as has happened in Tribes:Ascend, listening too much can also be a bad thing. ie where every patch was wildly different and changed the game completely.

The game is still very good, it just needs tweaking. :3

Tribes only got screwed up because HiRez has no idea what they are doing. Do you think the players asked for capped flag movespeed or a Sniper class that can utterly annihalate flag carriers without a problem?

The worst patches that game suffered had nothing to do with player suggestions.

Yeah, no. I'm calling shenanigans on this one. If thee of us with level 30 frames with level 30 equipment couldn't beat Xini on Eris, there's no way you did it solo. Doesn't matter how systematic or methodical you are, there's just too many high level infected.

Depends on his Mod setup. Some of them are extremely potent.

Mods are a huge, huge game changer when you can have a lot of them.

Edited by Blatantfool

Hek with MS stack, puncture and the rest of the mods are changed based on map.

Rhino charge spam and Scindo for the stray targets. I literally have a library of level thirty mods for all kinds of weapons and frames.

The trick with Xini was to keep everything knocked down charging back and forth, while collecting orbs whenever possible. Once tere were too few normal mobs for them to be a threat, I just focused on staggerlocking the ancients with my Hek. Used more than one ammo pack and many heals, but I've enough money to buy hundreds of those.

What the hell are those little Leech type things the Corpus have now that drain your shields and can't be killed even with AOE skills... they're annoying..

Those have always been in as far as I know. I don't tend to get hit with them often because I prioritize Shield drones.

Shield drones fire them off at you if you get real close. That is who you have to kill to take care of that.

Edited by Blatantfool

Tribes only got screwed up because HiRez has no idea what they are doing. Do you think the players asked for capped flag movespeed or a Sniper class that can utterly annihalate flag carriers without a problem?

The worst patches that game suffered had nothing to do with player suggestions.

I'm going to disagree, I have not played Tribes since around march/may of last year but what I recall is that the moment a vocal group starting complaining about something Hi-Rez immedaitely patched it, to the point they would buff a class, then nerf it the next patch, and so on(they do it with weapons as well). I remember that with Raider and Infiltrator and I'm also pretty sure people were complaining about Pathfinder speeds(seriously?) and thus they had reduced speed.

Anyway, DE needs to listen but not do everything that everyone suggests.

Hek with MS stack, puncture and the rest of the mods are changed based on map.

Rhino charge spam and Scindo for the stray targets. I literally have a library of level thirty mods for all kinds of weapons and frames.

The trick with Xini was to keep everything knocked down charging back and forth, while collecting orbs whenever possible. Once tere were too few normal mobs for them to be a threat, I just focused on staggerlocking the ancients with my Hek. Used more than one ammo pack and many heals, but I've enough money to buy hundreds of those.

That sounds very time consuming, and very annoying. I want to spend my time playing the game, not number crunching for every map. If I wanted to do that I would play something else. Yes mods are important, and I will gear my warframe for one thing or another but changing it every single time you enter an area is a bit crazy, imo. That and the idea of going through that many mods without a mod manager or sorter is cringe-inducing.

What the hell are those little Leech type things the Corpus have now that drain your shields and can't be killed even with AOE skills... they're annoying..

Jump + melee gets them off you, they're from Leech Ospreys.