The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Foundry Ui Feedback

tuman18

From the following:

- Can not see how long before the end of the assembly object

- Is not obvious that the collection of this stuff you need resources that appear to the right, we would like to highlight the selected drawing yavney

And most importantly, why the button at the bottom of a very different style? why they are different from the general style of the interface?  it seems that you play another game! why change the driving style buttons? that's really angry.

DE, take note.  People do not like your new concept.  For the love of god notice this before you make the entire game look like this.

The original foundry needed work in order to allow some kind of sorting or filtering.  Yes, nobody disagrees.  But you guys made the whole thing clumsier and uglier in order to enable filtering.  And I'm really not looking forward to seeing what you're going to do to the rest of the game to carry this style forward.

Having to click go through extra menu levels to see or do things, not good.  Having to click on a button located somewhere else instead of on the item, not good.  The visual style is not pleasing to my eye, and I'm clearly not the only one to feel that way.  The icons overlayed on simple color gradients looks primitive and crude.  And quite frankly I'm not keen on the use of icons for the filters, I find them cryptic and weird and I can never remember what's supposed to mean what.

The way it was before was neat, clean, and fast (except for the lack of sorting or filtering).  You didn't even have to click on a blueprint to see what resources it needed, you could just scroll and look.  You could see what resources you had without clicking anything also.  You could quickly survey your blueprints and see what kind of resources you're going to be getting short on.

All that's gone now, and it's frustrating.  I do not care for your new UI vision at all.  I urge you to reconsider before making the whole game work like this.

DE, take note.  People do not like your new concept.  For the love of god notice this before you make the entire game look like this.

I strongly strongly agree with Nomad. I hope you read our feedback I respect the forum and did not spam a new thread. So here I put my humble feedback hoping you scroll to page 2 and read it.

The new UI has many things I did not like on first impressions but also as I get more used to it. Let's start with the glaring problem which is the graphics of it. The new back ground color is a gradient mixture of gray and white. Okay you are trying to be cleaner but the solid color makes it

feel really cheap and 2D. I dont know how the old foundry did it but each item felt alive. My first impression was utter shock how ugly it is now

it's almost as if they downgraded. Also without the wires and circuits on the pictures, the new "crackling welding effect" seems ridiculous. It's now

just some glowing bits on a 2D picture. Before I felt like I was actually making the weapons or frames. I hope in the future we see robotic arms having

some repeating motions that emulate fabrication of our gear.

Second of all, they shrinked everything. Not that I am blind, but it's a little bit harder to see each item. There are huge empty margins on the left and

right side of the screen. I really prefer the old foundry where each icon was big and I could admire the art work as welding sparks went off on them.

Now everyone agrees that maybe for people who have too many items in the foundry it can be a chore to scroll through all their items.

May I suggest taking off the "ready to make" , "components" and even the "in progress" section? I do not like having so many tabs. I

want thing to be minimal like the old foundry where I can scroll really fast and my eyes can follow easily.

The new foundry putting 4 columns is really uncomfortable and slows my eyes down when scrolling through I have to pay more attention.

I would like in the warframe tab, to still have 4 columns and each new warframe would start a new row. That way we can stil scroll down fast,

while having a quick way of telling how many blueprint components we have for each frame. It would look like:

nova blueprint     nova helm      nova  systems       nova chassis

loki    blueprint     loki helm        loki     systems       loki chassis   

I hope you agree this will be simpler for most of us. When the 3 parts are ready, I can just click the overall warframe blueprint to make it instead of going to "ready to make" I really dislike that menu. I instead enjoy claiming each component and seeing the progress update on the main item blueprint knowing exactly when I am ready to make it.

Edited by SAYO

New UI would be good for tablets/smart phone (ie touch control with limited viewspace) .  Not great for PC/Console there just isnt enough information all in the same place at once.

The foundry worked before, it could of used filtering and a blueprint quantity count (the new one doesnt have this either), but otherwise was good.

The new foundry have its ups and downs. One thing I'm missing now is the quick status check of your materials. They are sort of blended together with components and what not, having less check on your farming status when farming materials for dojo or foundry crafting.

The foundry have 4 status's at the moment. Able to make, insufficient materials, in process or ready to claim. It would be nice to have a different color to blueprints / components that you already have / maxed / maxed and sold - that general category. Just to make it easier to handle replicas, since they occur a lot and with few weapon/warframe-slots probably aren't always so good at keeping track off