Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying a steam tennogen skin

KIREEK

Question

I don't use steam all that much, so i don't know all the intricacies of it, i know this may sound trivial, but bare with me.

I am interested in buying a tennogen skin, however i don't use the steam version of warframe as that is pointless, my idea was to use the steam version, get in, buy the skin and then get out.

So i have a couple questions:

• how do i go to the steam version without redownloading the entire game again? How do i get back to the non steam version? can i have both?
  • can i purchase a tennogen skin and then keep it when i use the regular non steam version of warframe?

5 answers to this question

I'm not 100% on this process, but I believe this is how it works.

1. Yes you are able to have both.
2. In your account settings you have to link your steam account to your warframe account.
3. When buying the skin you want. You need to buy it through the steam workshop, unless you have the game open through steam, in which case the game will redirect you to the steam workshop.
4. All your warframe workshop purchases are not only connected to your steam account but also your warframe account, so you will be able to use them even without using steam so long as your steam account is linked to your account.

Edited by DarkOmegaGamer

12 hours ago, KIREEK said:

And if i go back to the non steam version, the skin will remain?

Yes,  I only use the steam client to get tenogen skins.  I play on the stand alone client and they work there just fine once you get own them.

I have tried to see if I can just buy the skins from the steam website without using their client but haven't been successful.