Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to mod versus ~lv 50+ grineer/corpus/infested with THESE guns?

arman276

Question

NZ9eGWM.jpg3Yd2Tyt.jpg

Assume my frame doesn't affect my weapons:

I understand that status versus corpus doesn't really matter that much, so going for a split between magnetic and toxin is fine.

On infested, I always did well just getting corrosive and heat (though not sure if I should go for double heat mods or blast..)

Grineer is where I get confused (I'll be running Corrosive Projection when I fight Grineer)

On Braton Prime, I like corrosive to complement its status chance (will be even better once I get a Riven), should I keep it as pure corrosive? 

Dex Furis I have the same mod loadouts for corpus and infested, but Grineer is different.

With two 60% mods, it's only 35% chance (Convulsion is hidden behind the riven). Lethal torrent on WF Builder helps the DPS, but not the damage per bullet (I like to keep a higher damage per bullet so I don't run out of ammo instantly). 

What do I do with only a 35% chance? A single proc from a pure corrosive + corrosive projection will be 55% armor reduction, that's good. 

Or should I do Radiation? Or Radiation + Viral? I don't really know.

TL;DR: what elemental mods specifically should I use versus lv 50 and beyond grineer on Braton Prime (nice status) and Dex Furis with the four mod-slots given?

9 answers to this question

A lot of Grineer possess the Ferrite Armor health type, meaning they suffer greatly from puncture and corrosive damage. Puncture is a great survival tool if you find yourself taking a lot of damage, as the status effect reduces enemy damage. Piercing Caliber is a great mod to put on your Braton Prime if you want to take advantage of that. For the Dex Furis, your best bet is Bore.

If you'd rather take advantage of Corrosive damage on your Braton Prime, place Bore on your secondary, keep your Braton Prime as is, and switch between the two for some versatility. Having the ability to whittle down their defense and damage at will while still exploiting weaknesses will really help you against late game Grineer.

For corpus I wouldn't really recommend magnetic that often. Toxic for low status chance, gas for high status chance, but magnetic+gas for 100% status weapons is awesome too.

And that braton prime will do just fine until you get ahold of a riven (drop dat heavy cal). Corrosive for armored grineer, viral for 4x CP grineer (I don't run CP so I'm nearly always corrosive).

And I'd recommend still keeping lethal torrent, in place of either of the 90% elements or a 60%.

I'm sorry, but piercing caliber is going to do diddly squat on the braton prime. If you're using it against armored enemies, you use corrosive proc to remove the armor, while relying on slash proc to deal armor ignoring finisher damage, puncture is the last thing that you want to increase...

Edited by rapt0rman

Braton Build (status):

Serration, Split chamber, Shred, Fanged fusillade (optional for slashprocs, if not using carrier replace with ammo mutation).

Rime rounds, Malignant force, Thermite rounds, High voltage (order can be swapped to produce gas/magnetic against corpus)

This is my recommended Build. It works by stacking loads of slash procs on its target along with an occasional viral and rad proc to keep it weakened.

B1561E1C1518DBCAE96137AED716A44419B8BE78

Braton build (dmg)

Serration, Split chamber, Shred, Infected clip

Stormbringer, Malignant force, High voltage, Primed Cryo rounds. (replace any one of the elementals with ammo mut if not running carrier)

This build is good for targets that ignore status effects.

Dex furis build:

Hornet strike, Barrel diffusion, Lethal torrent, Seeker,

Riven mod, Variable elemental set, Primed heated charge

Variable elementals would be Jolt and Pistol Pestilence for grineer (corro), and Pistol Pestilence and Infected clip for corpus (gas). If not using carrier then feel free to swap lethal for a ammo mutation.

Hope this helped.

Edited by Elvangreen

5 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

For corpus I wouldn't really recommend magnetic that often. Toxic for low status chance, gas for high status chance, but magnetic+gas for 100% status weapons is awesome too.

And that braton prime will do just fine until you get ahold of a riven (drop dat heavy cal). Corrosive for armored grineer, viral for 4x CP grineer (I don't run CP so I'm nearly always corrosive).

And I'd recommend still keeping lethal torrent, in place of either of the 90% elements or a 60%.

I'm sorry, but piercing caliber is going to do diddly squat on the braton prime. If you're using it against armored enemies, you use corrosive proc to remove the armor, while relying on slash proc to deal armor ignoring finisher damage, puncture is the last thing that you want to increase...

why are you sorry? i dont have piercing caliber on it xD

@arman276 Your Braton build is pretty much perfect as it is. I use basically the same one, except for P Bane of Grineer instead of Heavy Caliber. Heavy Cal is more dmg, though, so if you don't mind the accuracy loss, it's fine. On fast firing, high status/s guns like Braton P, Corrosive is the best option and having 4 Ele mods also increases the Corr proc weighting, which is nice. I wouldn't recommend concentrating on Slash procs, as without crit, they don't get enough scaling to actually do appreciable amounts of dmg.

For Dex Furis, I would still definitely use Lethal Torrent. It does increase your damage per bullet (because it also adds 60% multishot, although you might mean in comparison to a 90 mod), and you are gonna run out of ammo with Dex Furis either way. That's why I don't consider it to be a very good gun. I would replace Seeker or one of the 90 elementals. If you wanna stand a chance of doing a longer, high lvl mission with it, then you also need to replace Seeker or 90 Ele with Ammo Mutation. As for the elemental type, 35% on 20/32 fire rate gun is excellent and, again, perfectly suited for Corrosive build as you are running right now.

...braton prime I do a viral slash build and aim for the head (so no heavy caliber) 

Serration, split chamber, malignant force, rime rounds, fanged fussilade, point strike, vital sense, shread/ speed trigger/ vial acceleration.  

This isn't endgame by any means, but it works really well for mid game content.  If you aim at the head and wait for the bleed procs to bleed the enemy all the way out, your ammo efficiency will be much better than if you shoot them at the body until they're dead.  

Your Braton Prime Vs. Armor is set just about optimal.

I usually set my threshold at lvl 80-100 because the largest difference in Corrosive procs needed to red-line an enemy is between lvl 1 and 100. The only difference is that I use Primed Bane Grineer when possible over Heavy Cal. Primed Bane is generally -5% damage over Heavy Cal but has no loss in accuracy.

For Corpus I use

Spoiler

hL2uoql.jpg

Going Crit to maximize Toxic damage per shot and bypass shields with a touch of Bleed damage to help it out.

Corpus are an interesting health type in that you can use non-Status Pure Toxic, Status Gas and even Viral + Electric against them and the effectiveness mostly depends on the weapon being used. I would however avoid from using Magnetic when possible. It really is the least effective of your options.

Due to Primed Cryo Rounds Viral and Blast are better options against Infested enemies over Corrosive for primary weapons. You can of course go Corrosive + Blast on non-crit viable weapons. For Secondaries and Melee, Corrosive is still the best option.

Besides the mentioned Lethal Torrent you might want to consider Radiation + Cold or Radiation / Viral. The general rule is that Corrosive status always wins against Armor with guns. Even if the weapon has 5% status, Corrosive will eventually scale into being the best option but obviously that's not practical on some weapons so using Corrosive Vs Grineer or Rad Vs Grineer / Void is a viable option to double dip into armor and get the most use of a weapon before it scales off a cliff. For instance I use Rad on my Akstomati which also has 5% base status and a multishot Riven because it just doesn't have a hope of dealing with armor past lvl 120 anyways.