Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Choice

(XBOX)D34thst41ker

Question

I'm re rolling a Riven, and I'm a bit stuck on my choices. I'm on XBox, so I can't provide pictures, but the maxed stats are as follows:

Attica Sci-gelidra

+58.4% Fire Rate

+89.9% Cold Damage

+97.8 Multishot

My reroll has the following:

Attica Conci-visitis

+161.4% Critical Damage

+124.4% Flight Speed

+225.9% Damage

-87.8% Multishot

The second seems to be geared towards what the Attica already does, but that -Multishot hurts. Should I stick with the Sati-gelidra, or is the -Multishot okay considering the boost to Crit damage and base damage?

5 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

Attica Sci-gelidra

+58.4% Fire Rate

+89.9% Cold Damage

+97.8 Multishot

----

Attica Conci-visitis

+161.4% Critical Damage

+124.4% Flight Speed

+225.9% Damage

-87.8% Multishot

mathing

damageBonus * multishot * (1+CritC*(CritMult-1))

Assuming serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense

Riven 1:

Average damage: 2.65 * 2.878 *  3.125 = 23.83X +148.3% of that as elemental = 59.17X of base damage

Riven 2:

Average damage: 4.909 * 1.022 * 7.628 = 38.26X of base damage

So, riven 1 gets a ton more average damage, and slightly more consistent crits output because you're shooting more projectiles per shot.  Riven 2 makes the weapon a little easier to use from the arrows being faster, and doesn't add any elements that you'll have to juggle if you want to change damage types.

Situation changes somewhat once you add in more elemental mods.  If you add another +90% element, it becomes 80.6X versus 72X....If you add two +90% elemental mods, it's 102X versus 107X. This is because the first riven gets a big chunk of its initial damage advantage from its elements, while the second riven is way stronger in "before adding elementals" damage.

So it kind of depends on what else you're doing with the weapon and what slots you can spare.

Edited by Momaw

49 minutes ago, Wrum said:

do crit damage attica has a 25% base crit chance and the +225% damage over runs 97% multishot.

except when 2nd riven has an drawback that reduce your multishot to almost jam Attica entirely (negative multishot has chance to not shoot any bullet), being forced to use Split Chamber just for that isn't good at all

the OP (and any other player) almost doesn't have choice if one of the rivens have negative multishot as drawback anyway, unless its like to break the game mechanics, searching for something out of place like this

34 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

except when 2nd riven has an drawback that reduce your multishot to almost jam Attica entirely (negative multishot has chance to not shoot any bullet), being forced to use Split Chamber just for that isn't good at all

the OP (and any other player) almost doesn't have choice if one of the rivens have negative multishot as drawback anyway, unless its like to break the game mechanics, searching for something out of place like this

i completely missed the negative multishot. not sure how.

Thanks for the input. I ended up sticking with the first, mainly because of the negative Multishot on the second. I've rerolled it several times since, but the Sci-gelidra has consistently been the best roll I've gotten. And it was it's initial roll! I should probably just stop rerolling it, but the ability to keep the previous roll means that there's really no reason not to "chase the unicorn", as I've seen it referred to. Besides, this is the first Riven that I've actually kept; the others I've gotten have been for weapons I'm not interested in, while the Attica is my go-to Bow for Bow-only Sorties (I don't really like the charge mechanic standard Bows use). It's not like I'm using the Kuva for anything else.