Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Bladestorm should be able to use channeling effects

LAWD

Bladestorm when used with melee weapon equipped is the best way to scale Ash, with the counter. So as having your weapon channeled, should it transfers on the bladestorm animation. Most notable about this, if that such a QoL were there, would Ash players be able to use that effect while in the animation. 

it sorta like using' Lifestrike' on midway cast, and also prioritize if you just wanna hit harder. It should work whether or not you have melee equipped. That's just for counter.

2 hours ago, LAWD said:

Bladestorm when used with melee weapon equipped is the best way to scale Ash, with the counter. So as having your weapon channeled, should it transfers on the bladestorm animation. Most notable about this, if that such a QoL were there, would Ash players be able to use that effect while in the animation. 

it sorta like using' Lifestrike' on midway cast, and also prioritize if you just wanna hit harder. It should work whether or not you have melee equipped. That's just for counter.

That is only viable for Melee weapons and since Blade Storm does have a innate melee weapon (Katars/Hidden Blades) this gives more reason for Blade Storm to be reworked as a Stance Ultimate.

14 hours ago, AKKILLA said:

That is only viable for Melee weapons and since Blade Storm does have a innate melee weapon (Katars/Hidden Blades) this gives more reason for Blade Storm to be reworked as a Stance Ultimate.

why not have bladestorm a different type of stance, like the animation get tweaks, and adds that interactivity of melee weapons?

4 hours ago, LAWD said:

why not have bladestorm a different type of stance, like the animation get tweaks, and adds that interactivity of melee weapons?

Well, it would be the all-solving retool for Ash. The only problem comes from opposition from people who prefer Ash to remain nerfed, BS to be changed into a cheesy fire-and-forget nuke, a clone summoning sh*tshow, are too absorbed into MaxEfficiency that didn't notice anything wrong with current BS or lack vision, speaking of that last group.

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No, no stance ultimate. It's lame!

We have enough frames that do that

You lack vision young grasshopper. A stance can (and must) grow out of the mindless E spam ALL current "Exalted" ultimates are. We need something new, something that actually gives a reason to use combos, to use the full stance. Who better for that than the frame who got his own weapons the First? The most proficient martial assassin?

A stance ultimate would only be lame if it has the exact same gameplay as the others (mindless spam and nothing else, no skill, no attention, no technique required), which is something we don't want.

What would you prefer? another lame nuke "ooh. I killed 100 enemies without moving my arse an inch" ? And army of clones that will relentlessly die in nullifiers rather than doing actual damage? "oh great, my clones killed a few enemies while I was scratching my arse behind a crate"

That's what the alternatives are. Either Ash gets a stance ultimate to revel in battle in a kickarse display of martial prowess... or we continue with lame nukes, idiotic clones or energy-sink camera-vomit current failstorm.

10 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No, no stance ultimate. It's lame!

We have enough frames that do that

i agree with this, we should look at ways to improve the current bladestorm, and not reiterate it as something completely different.

Bladestorm is good as it is. But, necessarily, better animation or a different camera angle when its all taking place. 

I'd rather it zooms out from Ash's initial stand-point, like displays a wider FoV and then return to normal when animation is complete. That way we can know where we were left of and, especially, we can mark the next enemies after first launch. 

Although for camera to zoom out it may bump into our cave-like maps, so wider FoV would be great.

13 minutes ago, LAWD said:

i agree with this, we should look at ways to improve the current bladestorm, and not reiterate it as something completely different.

The problem is, mechanically BS doesn't fly anymore. You can't really buff it in any meaningful way without making it once again Press 4 to win. You can't leave it as the sh^t it is now nor reverse it to what it was.

How to reduce cutscene time? Make Clones actually assist, which is old bladestorm with marking mode

How to reduce energy cost to a reasonable level? by reducing default cost so much that players will spam it endlessly again (though that has more to do with Efficiency being mindbogglingly broken, as well as energy suppliers like Zenurik, Energize and EV)

Bladestorm is good as it is.

Nope, it isn't, it was mathematically debunked that "BS is good as it is" is a fat putrid lie. Give a logical and proven way to say that BS is good as it is and I will believe it, and remember: must not demand Maxed Efficiency, Arcane Energy, EV Trinity or Zenurik to be sustainable for it's intended use.

But, necessarily, better animation or a different camera angle when its all taking place. 

I'd rather it zooms out from Ash's initial stand-point, like displays a wider FoV and then return to normal when animation is complete. That way we can know where we were left of and, especially, we can mark the next enemies after first launch. 

Although for camera to zoom out it may bump into our cave-like maps, so wider FoV would be great.

I think a possible solution would be to add a new toggle option to the Gameplay general options menu: Cinematic Finishers ON/OFF. When it's ON, all melee finishers (BS or otherwise) have BS camera angles. When it's OFF, all Finishers (BS included) just use the regular camera current melee finishers do.

Edited by Nazrethim

No type of imagination or creativity. If you imagine VS with the same exact function just a camera birds eye view it still wouldn't work in the tight rooms and tilesets Warframe offers.  A Stance BS not only offers control of the action and who and what and how you kill it, but all his abilities would be used more and funner to use while in BS.  If you can't imagine that you truly have no business offering concepts in forums. As @Nazrethim mentioned and I do all the time, Ash was the 1st Warframe with innate physical melee weapons so a Stance for Blade Storm is not only viable and the best solution but he should have been the 1st Stance Ultimate frame to begin with. You rather watch Ash do the Blade Storm or do it Yourself manually? I prefer to do it myself idk bout you