Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Function or Fashion?

Fashion. Like Frost Deluxe looks awesome (and he looks nice by default) + his skills are amazing and good for everything so I find myself playing him most of the time, but I'm working on Broberon currently, who also looks cool with deluxe which makes him more fun to play. I also play male WFs more often cuz I is a malez. So yeah, I'm shallow and looks/fashion are priority for maximum fun-ness. :D Harrow has a very meh looking appearance and his skills aren't too exciting. The chains that wrap around enemy is a cool effect but everything else is just buffs and passive stuff which is why Chroma feels like half a frame when 2 of his skill slots are taken over by those kinda buff skills, plus his 1 being useless. He is also ungodly ugly but Deluxe rescued him from that.

5 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

No, because atlas is useless. I could care less what a frame looks like, as long as it benefits my team in my mission. Atlas, Oberon, and Titania are frames I never use because they are useless for what I play.

my post was largely sarcastic

Function over fashion. For the longest time before the tweak, I couldn't enjoy Oberon, even though I absolutely love the look of his deluxe skin paired with the Oryx helmet. I tried on several occasions and just couldn't do it. Post rework, I use him frequently.

Edit: I feel like I should point out that "feel" also plays a huge role in my frame choice. If a frame doesn't feel right to use, I don't use it. Nekros over Atlas over Hydroid for looting, for example.

Although, I'll always pick the best looking frame, all other things being equal.

Edited by Archeyef

48 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

Function over fashion. For the longest time before the tweak, I couldn't enjoy Oberon, even though I absolutely love the look of his deluxe skin paired with the Oryx helmet. I tried on several occasions and just couldn't do it. Post rework, I use him frequently.

Edit: I feel like I should point out that "feel" also plays a huge role in my frame choice. If a frame doesn't feel right to use, I don't use it. Nekros over Atlas over Hydroid for looting, for example.

Although, I'll always pick the best looking frame, all other things being equal.

I've got a build for him if your interested. Works very well, as in 60 min solo Mot & 90 min ODS. Honestly though it was rough 45+Minutes on Mot

Edited by (XB1)YouBitePi11ows

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)YouBitePi11ows said:

I've got a build for him if your interested. Works very well, as in 60 min solo Mot & 90 min ODS. Honestly though it was rough 45+Minutes on Mot

Thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty happy with my build as it is.

I'm kind of in a weird position on this issue:

My favorite frames in the game, Excalibur  (Proto skin is great), Limbo (Look at my profile picture), Equinox  (need I say more?), Mesa (I'm that one guy that likes the Longhorn helmet), Nidus (As long as you're careful with the colors), and Mirage (Once again, need I say more?), are both extremely functional and good fashion frames (Especially Limbo). I probably wouldn't mind using an ugly frame, but the ones i lime also tend to be both functional and visually appealing.