Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Build

Baelfire11

Question

6 answers to this question

Frame Mods (5 Forma): 

Corrosive Projection, Power Drift

Streamline R4 - Fleeting Expertise R4 - Primed Flow - Intensify - Transient Fortitude - Constitution - Narrow Minded - Primed Continuity 

If you prefer safer approach to it, replace Constitution with Vitality. 

Secondary Weapon Mods: Preferably Crit Viable weapon so that you can use the weapon, otherwise any weapon with crit based mods to maximize the critical damage. 

Pathogen Rounds - Convulsion - Lethal Torrent - Hollow Point - Hornet Strike - Barrel Diffusion - Primed Target Cracker - Primed Pistol Gambit.

Edited by PrimeDCookieMonstah
Option to replace Consti for Vita

I'm using this. I used to run a Vitality but replaced it with a Stretch to get some more range on her 2 and I always use Taxon with all the shield recharge and healing mods (but without his attack precept).

My secondary is usually an Akstilleto Prime for crit/status hybrid.

These builds are going by the assumption that the build you're looking for is a build for using Peacemaker.  If not there are builds that are meant to provide more team utility/a different playstyle for Mesa.  Though I haven't personally used a build like that from what I've read those builds focus on duration and range.

An earlier post for Mesa builds

Note (Xbox One)FCastle74's build near the end.  The three main concerns I have for Mesa are damage in Peacemaker, energy consumption, and a source of lifegain for the occasional hit.  Assuming you can get your hands on a set of Arcane Energize, a set of Arcane Grace and your weapons are properly modded this build takes care of everything.  Note that in order to get the most out of this build you would have the buffs from Growing Power and Energy Conversion active before you enter Peacemaker.

If you don't have access to arcanes or the mods in this build you can still get most of its power through sources that are easier to obtain.  Carry weapons with lifegain, sub out Pistol Amp for Growing Power, Vitality for more survivability, regular versions of mods instead of Primed, etc.  You can also mod this build depending on the content you face.  If you won't be facing level 200 Heavies then perhaps a different mod list.

Finally note GameKingMike334 reference to Dual Toxocysts.  If you score a headshot using Dual Toxocysts you proc a buff lasting 6 seconds that increases your fire rate.  This is a noticeable difference if you use Peacemaker while the buff is active.  The buff is only active for 6 seconds whether you are in or out of Peacemaker.  If you want to use the buff more often you will need to drop out of Peacemaker (if you are using it), score a headshot and use Peacemaker with the buff active.  Dual Toxocysts are not the most popular secondary for regular use and it can be an adjustment in playstyle to get used to constant headshots before Peacemaker use.  Still I recommend all players who use Mesa regularly give it a try.

Since you have Prime Target Cracker and Primed Pistol Gambit, most of your damage will come from your pistol mods.  (Put on Barrel Diffusion.) 

Mesa only needs Intensify to reach 95 percent damage reduction on Shatter Shield.  Any more strength than that is overkill for Peacemaker, even on Sortie 3.  Instead, max out Duration.  The only time Mesa is vulnerable is when Shatter Shield and Shooting Gallery are down, so put those moments off as long as possible.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone