Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tweaking Sapping (w/ QoL changes) and Leech Ospreys

Thundervision

This is something I was thinking about after we got an official confirmation of the Shield Gate mechanics.

The current situation around Ospreys is that we have:

• Mine Osprey is somewhat doing its job, deploying the mines that can hit hard.
  • Shield Osprey does its job great. In fact, Shield Osprey is one of the Sortie's high-priority targets since it provides the Status resistance to linked enemies
  • An absolute high-level beast aka Sapping Osprey (you don't need a Bursa, Ambulas or Tech, this little blue thing will turn you into ash much faster)
  • A little punny Leech Osprey that doesn't do as much as it could. Seems like it wishes it could hug and ride on you rather than draining out your Shield.

I think, with the Shield Gate mechanics incoming this would be a good opportunity to take a look at Ospreys and re-think some of them.

What if Sapping Osprey would deploy the mine which completely depletes warframe's shield on contact without hurting the health, removing shield regeneration as long as you're staying within the pulse mine's range? This way Sapping Osprey remains being a dangerous unit, especially at high level since the Corpus weaponry is good at shredding the armour, so avoiding/destroying the pulse mine is still a priority.

What to do with Leech Osprey if we get a better version that depletes all the Shields in one tick? We make it suspend any regeneration we currently have as well as causing the HUD scramble effect (without depleting our energy or shields).

Leech Osprey successfully puts its parasite on you when your HP, energy, shield are regenerating, as long as the parasite remains active:

• HP/Energy/Shield regeneration stops at the current value and can be decreased further due to receving the damage or energy drain but can't regenerate past affected value (again, as long as you habe the parasite on you)
  • Player's getting a HUD scramble effect
  • Sortie condition: disables aura's effect of affected player

Now to Sapping Osprey's QoL changes:

• We should be able to destroy the pulse mine before it gets deployed (hits the ground).

This one is a common issue when you have time to shoot it down before it hits the ground but has zero effect. Sometimes there's no time and space to wait for it.

• Sapping Osprey summoned (by Nekros, Inaros), Mind Controlled or created from Synoid Heliocor should share the master's energy colour.
  • We shouldn't be able to destroy friendly mines.

These two are another common issues when you can't tell if the deployed mine belongs to your ally or enemy because it's the same blue colour, especially when you can deal some damage to destroy it. I mean, Summoned Nullifiers do share Nekros' energy colour.

• Giving the pulse mine's field a visible vertical limit

And yet another very common issue with Sapping Ospreys. I can't even imagine how many of us tried to fool that mine by trying to Bullet- & jump over it to get damaged/killed. It would be good to know where's the vertical limit for it, especially for new players.

Sapping Osprey Puck/Mine should no longer have invincible frames. Once it's released I should be able to destroy it. Pretty ridiculous that you have to wait for it to slam the ground before you can damage it. (More of DE just randomly picking and choosing what they want, don't get me started on Limbo picking and choosing.)

4 hours ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Sapping Osprey Puck/Mine should no longer have invincible frames. Once it's released I should be able to destroy it. Pretty ridiculous that you have to wait for it to slam the ground before you can damage it. (More of DE just randomly picking and choosing what they want, don't get me started on Limbo picking and choosing.)

Sapping mines don't have invulnerable phases. I destroy them all the time while they are floating upwards.

51 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Sapping mines don't have invulnerable phases. I destroy them all the time while they are floating upwards.

Ohhh... but they DO. I'm on PS4 so it's possible it's a bug. But I have gone out of my way to try and destroy them with even a Tigris Prime. They won't receive damage until they slam.