Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Prime Excalibur Build?

WaldoMW

Question

Hey, I am recently just getting back into warframe and I have Prime Excalibur and am trying to figure out a good build that is updated because all my mods are old. Anyone know a good link or suggestion for builds that is viable for high level enemies?

8 answers to this question

https://goo.gl/6NuUr5

Check out my build. Primed flow for energy pool, for Quick Thinking, and long time in Exalted Blade. Vitality to have a high health pool for Rage to work and give you energy towards your Energy to repeat that cycle.

I'll find my melee build I use.

Xi45Jbf.jpg

Actually here's a screenshot of it. I have 3 forma in it because I was using a different, and bigger mod setup. Also with this I can switch out Life Strike for Healing Return if I happen to be using Chromatic Blade.

I notice I still had Viral on, I was using that when I was trying to figure something out so normally I use Toxin and Electric mods for Corrosive.

Now if you want to try out 2lmLA7v.png You'll want to switch out Streamline for the mod, and then you're welcome to switch out Life Strike for Healing Return because with Chromatic Blade you will have Status effects often enough you'll be healing and using less energy than you would if you were to channel for a moment to heal yourself.

I use unranked Life Strike because you do so much damage that you instantly heal up without needing it ranked, and it uses less energy.

If I am forgetting anything, or you got any further questions for a more in depth run through on how it all works, let me know.

Edited by Alcatraz

For Excalibur I mainly use just Exalted Blade when I get tired of shooting things. I do use Slash Dash quite often to get around a little quicker, like back into the fight like if it's on the other side of the room or something. It will travel from one target to the next if they are close enough, if used on enemies. Blind can be really useful when the enemies are really tough and you want them down quickly, and move on.

Radial Javelin I only use in low levels as it doesn't do enough damage with this build, and the range is clearly going to be base with this build.

With my exact build I'm  using 1.37 energy per second, if I take damage I regenerate it back, or if I pick up energy. Another note; I use Arcane Energize set, which is about 4,000 platinum to buy a set without the hassle of learning and running the infested raid. It keeps your energy topped off when you pick up energy orbs, but it's expensive and maybe something for you to shoot for.

Also I'm quick to respond because I love sharing my Excalibur Prime build, and here's someone with him asking for a build! Woop woop!

Work on getting yourself a mod called Condition Overload. I would also recommend using Drifting Contact to increase his damage output by 300-400% and his Chromatic Blade augment.

Chromatic Blade is good for Armor and Corpus but not as good against Infested or unarmored. You can build for more damage without it. When not using Chromatic Blade I would also suggest Relentless Combination. This allows Excal to gain combo counter without needing to use Slash Dash or get into melee to keep it going.

Ys00cMl.jpg

Replace True Steel with Condition Overload or Life Strike if you have no other means to easily heal yourself.

ILd2dA7.jpg

This is a Chromatic Blade setup. Replace True Steel with Condition Overload when possible. This will give you 2 status effects resulting in +256% damage output via Condition Overload and some CC. Until you have the mod you can also do a standard crit build replacing North Wind with Organ Shatter just keep in mind Condition Overload is just about triple the damage output.

I would go with at least 145% Power Range for Excal's Blind. He really doesn't have much eHP no matter how you mod him and unless you want to use Naramon - Shadow Step Focus passive; you're going to need the extra CC range and make sure you have around 180% Power Strength or more to cap out Chromatic Blade's status chance.

EDIT:  Posted A Madurai Relentless build accidentally..

Edited by Xzorn

^ It is true that Chromatic blade is a blessing for his exalted blade but keep in mind that Drifting Contact, while it affects his close melee damage does NOT affect his waves. Exceptation to this are the waves generated by Slash Dash, which makes the use of Surging Dash rather attractive too. If possible, try fitting both into his build.

Irrelevant for the final result tho. Just keep in mind to dash a lot.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

9 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

^ It is true that Chromatic blade is a blessing for his exalted blade but keep in mind that Drifting Contact, while it affects his close melee damage does NOT affect his waves. Exceptation to this are the waves generated by Slash Dash, which makes the use of Surging Dash rather attractive too. If possible, try fitting both into his build.

Irrelevant for the final result tho. Just keep in mind to dash a lot.

It also helps that it will make Slash Dash do around 300k damage per blinded enemy at x3 combo before Condition Overload. Making it worth while as a damage source and a useful gap closer. Pretty sure it can break 1 mil on targets with 2 or more status effects active. Hell, his EB waves alone do 500k with Condition Overload. Mod is broken.

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

It also helps that it will make Slash Dash do around 300k damage per blinded enemy .

Blindet enemys give stealth multiplier, just using naramon or huras pet effectively saves you some energy if possible on the setup.

But ye, excal sure is a hell of a frame these days

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108