The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pleases Remove Vampire Nightmare Entirely

LazyKnight

This mode is not fun or challenging and fails on mission as low as M-prime because of how dangerous the NPC are and how much damage you take. The only way to is to RUSH with a despair at breakneck speed and try to peg everything that is not hiding. This isn't possible on level 70 mission or on lower level mission unless your using 1-3 weapon in game and you luck out on the right title set.

This isn't fun, I will just not play with any frame expect as a trinity or NEVER stay in a mission that has this effect. I do not care how hard you developers make mission but DO NOT doing something like this it is worse than the old Ghost and Goblin games for SNES in how fast your expected to die.

Edit:

So what is the point of Nightmare? I do not care if it goes off-topic because it can encompasses better thing than what we currently have. I am tired of waiting on promise from DE that they are going to add content until I see it in game it irrelevant. So is it to run mission with handicap to get mods to run it again? Is this the promise of the endgame content that we should be working for? 

Edited by LazyKnight

i think its fun.

haven't even tried trinity. been playing it solo with loki and frost.

its a harder difficulty. i would expect to have better gear to do good. havent had any real problems with it at all really.

hell felt easy before. and they are only going to make it easier.

No. It's there for the extra challenge. Do lower level Nightmares if you can't do the higher ones.

PS: I can't manage to get through them either yet, but it's not a reason to complain about it. They're great fun/challenge when you do lower level ones.

No. It's there for the extra challenge. Do lower level Nightmares if you can't do the higher ones.

PS: I can't manage to get through them either yet, but it's not a reason to complain about it. They're great fun/challenge when you do lower level ones.

I can and have soloed everything in game skill and gear as a factor I am top teir.

Do lower level? Extermination - enemies run out - extraction is far away. Too bad.

Vampire makes the game easier, not harder. You kill something and heal 10 seconds worth of life loss. Are you telling me you can't kill 1 enemy every 10 seconds unless you are stuck in an elevator? Maybe the issue is located in front of the screen and not in the game?

Vamp missions are too easy with a highly upgraded steel fiber on a Frost, or Rhino and any weapon that mops up enemies. As long as there are things to kill you will always be at full health.

It doesn't work like that it doesn't get effected by armor or any gear it take a ticking percentage of your total health

I think its fun, but I also think it should only be in defense missions... me and a pal ran one mission where we got to the objective, got the data briefcases, then proceeded to both die because there were no enemies up until then.

wasted revives ftw

So you want them to go because they are hard. Wow. I mean. Wow.

I think you are right. And on top of that. You should receive a gun that one hit kills every enemy, so the rest of the game is not that hard too.

Sarcasm doesn't work from trolls.

Vampire makes the game easier, not harder. You kill something and heal 10 seconds worth of life loss. Are you telling me you can't kill 1 enemy every 10 seconds unless you are stuck in an elevator? Maybe the issue is located in front of the screen and not in the game?

90% of all grineer title sets do not have enough NPC in close enough range to have skill as a factor.

They made Health Restore items for a reason. We finally have that reason.

The only way it would work at all is if you have no health+ mod and only used based health,m so you had a lower total health pool. It wouldn't do anything at all to use them if you heave over 700+ health.

Ok, so why in the world are you complaining?

Your name really suits you.

I want it to be hard that takes skill to bypass and works on every map there are numerous maps that just do not work for this at all and many games times that are randomly chosen during mission. I am not a masochist there is a clear difference in what that means. Most maps make you backtrack after the objective and if there are no NPC your dead skill will not effect that and only number of revives helps.

Edited by LazyKnight

I think its fun and a challenge.

But they couldve included it more logical. For example they couldve made that modes avaiable for people with Mastery Rank 4 or higher so lowbies arent stomped right from the start.

Edited by corpseshock

It doesn't work like that it doesn't get effected by armor or any gear it take a ticking percentage of your total health

The armor is for the damage you take. Not for the vamp effect. Think before you post.

90% of all grineer title sets do not have enough NPC in close enough range to have skill as a factor.

How come I have no problems with Grineer then? The only real issue is Corpus elevators ( and maybe the few confusing Grineer mine tiles, but that's more of a waypoint problem) and even they can be fixed with a health pack. You are either slow as hell or simply talking out of your &#!. These are the only possible options.

I don't think I've ever actually ran out of health because of lacking enemies instead of getting shot dead.

The only way it would work at all is if you have no health+ mod and only used based health,m so you had a lower total health pool. It wouldn't do anything at all to use them if you heave over 700+ health.

There are people that actually use Vitality? Damn... You do realize Rush would probably save you more health AND get you across the map faster than a Vitality, right? Especially in vampire.

Edited by Wutever

I want it to be hard that takes skill to bypass and works on every map there are numerous maps that just do not work for this at all and many games times that are randomly chosen during mission. I am not a masochist there is a clear difference in what that means.

Why would you want them to remove it entirely simply because it doesn't work as well on certain maps?

If you had said something like: "Please restrict Vampire Nightmare mode to specific maps/game types", that would be more legitimate.

Asking to fully remove it when it works fine more often than not is simply ridiculous.

How come I have no problems with Grineer then? The only real issue is Corpus elevators ( and maybe the few confusing Grineer mine tiles, but that's more of a waypoint problem) and even they can be fixed with a health pack. You are either slow as hell or simply talking out of your &#!. These are the only possible options.

I don't think I've ever actually ran out of health because of lacking enemies instead of getting shot dead.

M-Pirme that basic map configuration can have 4 room without any NPC spawning. If you do no trigger alert NO NPC SPAWN.

Why would you want them to remove it entirely simply because it doesn't work as well on certain maps?

If you had said something like: "Please restrict Vampire Nightmare mode to specific maps/game types", that would be more legitimate.

Asking to fully remove it when it works fine more often than not is simply ridiculous.

I do not trust DE to play test it because it clear they don't.

Edited by LazyKnight