The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pleases Remove Vampire Nightmare Entirely

LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

Then run by a few and kill the ones NOT near the consoles?

That'll allow them to trigger an alert and then PRESTO! Problem solved.

Though I have yet to have your problems on the grineer galleon missions, and I ran one as a Rhino on a dare last night. You just need to know how to get through the corridors quickly and you wont have an issue.

I give up will deleted this topic enjoy your boring endgame that is a meaningless objective that is shallow and encourage Rambo style gameplay. You start with 5 minutes with the timer and 75 seconds with the vampire mode tell me how that's balanced. I wouldn't careless if the timer couldn't be refilled this is just boring.

Edited by LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

One of the nice things about the galleon is that it has nice walls almost everywhere, which allows you to wall-run and vault, which means a massive speed boost even for the slower frames, nearly everywhere. Especially with the very common low-gravity mutator. That allows you to finish those missions in record time.

Even without low-gravity you can still get moving increadibly fast by using the wall-run and vaulting.

Basically what he said. I've spammed galeon nightmares for multiple days and, while I have been shot to death multiple times, especially on my 250 shield Vauban, I've never encountered a problem where I would just bleed out. It has plenty of rooms where, as said you can wallrun, flip or Zorencopter around making you go insanely fast.

If anything, from my expirience, you could run into problems where you get zerged and murdered by multiple heavies, and not the opposite. Those long symetrical rooms with stairs tend to be full of enemies and more coming after you as you enter. Add an Ogris spamming bastard or two and you have to start thinking about how to not die.

@LazyKnight

Its occasionally fun to run around and murder everything in "rambo like" gameplay.

Just like its occasionally fun to go through an entire mission without firing a single shot on a limited timer.

Just because YOU dont like it, doesnt give you any right to remove it from the people who do.

And for the most part it is pretty fun, and at least a little bit harder than the normal missions where you can take 45 minutes to slowly clear out a level.

You have to balance: "DO I go over to this sideroom and loot it, or do I skip that and just make a mad dash for the exit?" That's part of the fun and challenges it can bring. Its also "Damn...mod dropped back there. DO I risk the mission to head back one or two rooms to grab it?" Or if a mod falls in one of the large asteroid room you have to ask the same question.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@LazyKnight

Its occasionally fun to run around and murder everything in "rambo like" gameplay.

Just like its occasionally fun to go through an entire mission without firing a single shot on a limited timer.

Just because YOU dont like it, doesnt give you any right to remove it from the people who do.

I have 393k kills I am by no means a rusher or a turtle. I would rather DE poll people on if they want handicapped or you know better Ai harder NPC or REAL difficulty and not just your a vampire have fun.

This.

Go play dark soul or ninja gaiden, I would rather it be that type of hard than this mess.

Edited by LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

If you think that they are "boring" and "shallow" come up with things to challenge yourself.

Like my small clan has: "What is the fewest number of enemies required to be killed to make it through this vampire asteroid sabotage missions?" Where the winner gets a reward of some sort through steam from the clan leader, or just bragging rights.

Or "What is the most time remaining I can end this timed Raid mission on?" Currently the largest number is 12 minutes left on the clock as I moved to extraction, and you start with 5.

It allows you to challenge yourself and clanmates in a fun way.

I couldn't care less how many kills you have. And knightmare is a fun OPTIONAL gameplay mode where more modes are coming that I am eagerly looking forwards to.

And just because YOU dont have fun doesnt mean that a lot of others aren't enjoying it. Please dont try to ruin the game because YOU dont like it.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@LazyKnight

If you think that they are "boring" and "shallow" come up with things to challenge yourself.

Harder could be no normal units on the maps only heavy units and special units turrets or tanks that take skill to deal with. There are many games that have less NPC that are many times more dangerous and the game is hard because it is impossible to burn them and you need to come up with creative ways to kill them. I was already speed running mission with despair and HEK this just is more boring than it was in U8(I didn't think that would be possible)

Edited by LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

And that last post has NOTHING to do with the rest of the thread, but I'll respond anyways:

WAIT FOR MORE MUTATORS.

They said more are coming.

There are probably going to be "Heavy only" maps, or super speed maps, or who knows what. You just have to wait.

If you dont like the current nightmare missions DONT play them. Simple as that.

@LazyKnight

And that last post has NOTHING to do with the rest of the thread, but I'll respond anyways:

WAIT FOR MORE MUTATORS.

They said more are coming.

There are probably going to be "Heavy only" maps, or super speed maps, or who knows what. You just have to wait.

If you dont like the current nightmare missions DONT play them. Simple as that.

So what is the point of the game again? I do not care if it goes off-topic because it can encompasses better thing than what we currently have. I am tired of waiting on promise from DE that they are going to add content until I see it in game it irrelevant..

Edited by LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

They JUST introduced nightmare mode. One of the new mutators that they said was coming soon was weapon limitations, such as only being able to use your pistol or rifle, or melee weapon. That could be a *lot* of fun when that finally hits.

And what is the point of the game?

Have fun.

Simple as that.

And the nightmare modes add a change in pace, difficulty and are quite fun to play.

If you find them not fun then dont play them.

I dont really like playing infinite defense missions as they feel boring to me so I dont play them beyond clearing them. I play rarely when I want a few mods but I dont spend much time on them.

Do I still have fun doing everything else? OF course.

So you have two solutions:

1) Wait for new nightmare modes to drop and play those and see if you like them

2) Just dont play nightmare modes because you dont like them.

Either one will solve you issue and wont require removing something that a lot of people find fun.

@LazyKnight

So you have two solutions:

1) Wait for new nightmare modes to drop and play those and see if you like them

2) Just dont play nightmare modes because you dont like them.

Either one will solve you issue and wont require removing something that a lot of people find fun.

Option 3 is to quit and go play a different game in that isn't in beta right? They hot fixed it to take 3% health they couldn't have tested that and I am not going to give DE any slack on this issues because of how sloppy yesterday was.

@LazyKnight

That 3% actually made it more challenging and made it actually possible to come *close* to dieing from the bleed effect. I still haven't died like that in a single nightmare mission, even when they buffed the bleed and then nerfed it again.

It was still doable, it just actually took either:

A) Having a solid team

B) Knowing how to rush the missions.

@LazyKnight

That 3% actually made it more challenging and made it actually possible to come *close* to dieing from the bleed effect. I still haven't died like that in a single nightmare mission, even when they buffed the bleed and then nerfed it again.

It was still doable, it just actually took either:

A) Having a solid team

B) Knowing how to rush the missions.

3%/100%= about 33 ticks till dead till dead. Most maps take longer than 30 seconds to reach the first NPC and you died before you could get kills. Teams can't fix stupid gameplay ideas defense mission take almost 45 seconds to get the first NPC in range.

Edited by LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

Most maps dont take longer than 30 seconds unless you move slowly.

As I have stated in previous posts there are easy ways to increase your speed dramatically.

Do a wall-run, jump, and you'll fling yourself at great speeds. IF you really want to fly have dual zorans equipped, hold run+crouch in mid air and then melee to zoran copter your way to the first enemy within seconds.

@LazyKnight

Most maps dont take longer than 30 seconds unless you move slowly.

As I have stated in previous posts there are easy ways to increase your speed dramatically.

Do a wall-run, jump, and you'll fling yourself at great speeds. IF you really want to fly have dual zorans equipped, hold run+crouch in mid air and then melee to zoran copter your way to the first enemy within seconds.

I am starting to think your just trolling, it does matter how fast you move if you have to clear a hallway and one room before the first encounter. If you can't be bothered to use a stop watch to see that it does take time to get to your first kill on numerous maps, stop posting let this topic die.

Edited by LazyKnight

im starting with a loki and is kinda hard because loki has low life to start with, but in my opinion that just makes it more interesting and more challenging to play, with the other warframes is esier because as long as you kill enemies you will always have your life full. 

@LazyKnight

And mind if I ask if you're trolling?

Or playing on missions with very low levels that dont spawn enemies for the first 4 rooms? Most missions I have played on spawn at least one or two enemies in the first one or two rooms, and those are fairly easy to run through if you know how to maximise your speed and get to the target.

Also, have you never thought of equipping rush and quick rest? Those can *really* speed up a frame, especially if you know how to make them go even faster.

@gavdl13

The nice thing about the vampire missions is that it is all percentage based, meaning that your max HP ammounts dont matter. Just your shields and how fast you can kill things.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@LazyKnight

And mind if I ask if you're trolling?

Or playing on missions with very low levels that dont spawn enemies for the first 4 rooms? Most missions I have played on spawn at least one or two enemies in the first one or two rooms, and those are fairly easy to run through if you know how to maximise your speed and get to the target.

Also, have you never thought of equipping rush and quick rest? Those can *really* speed up a frame, especially if you know how to make them go even faster.

I use rush on all my frames. If you didn't try it last night before the hot fix it was unplayable it couldn't have been worse. I am serious on how fast you died. When it takes that much health per second it doesn't matter how fast you killed you need something to die every 3 seconds.

The issue is if anyone had played tested it would have set alarm going off. It was too much yet they did it anyway than hot fixed it 2x to lower it.

Edited by LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

And in the first few rooms your HP dropped quite quickly, but in the next rooms I usually found clusters of enemies that I could kill using an ability and then despair fairly quickly and hit maximum hp again and then keep it up for the rest of the mission.

@LazyKnight

And in the first few rooms your HP dropped quite quickly, but in the next rooms I usually found clusters of enemies that I could kill using an ability and then despair fairly quickly and hit maximum hp again and then keep it up for the rest of the mission.

Doesn't change the fact that if you had an elevator, open a relic or had to rez someone you died because you were not killing. That 1 kill every 3-5 seconds is a constant that can not be altered. It wasn't excusable in how it behaved and defending it is absurd there is a reason they hot fixed the hot fix two times.

Edited by LazyKnight

This mode is not fun or challenging and fails on mission 

How the F*** you fail a vampire nightmare mission?

Every enemy you kill you get like ALOT of your HP. I do solo Vampire Nightmare with ease.

Get your warframe well modded or then just don't join nightmares at all.

Edited by Endrance

How the F*** you fail a vampire nightmare mission?

Every enemy you kill you get like ALOT of your HP. I do solo Vampire Nightmare with ease.

Get your warframe well modded or then just don't join nightmares at all.

Did you play it last night? 3% per tick enjoy. It not I failed the game killed me and took away my option its a subject thing that is neither easy or hard because it not skill based. Infested map are 100x times easier with it and if you die one it basically impossible to die its a dumb

Edited by LazyKnight

Uhm, I solo most of the NM levels without too much of a problem and think they are fine just the way they are.  Bring level 20+ gear, or forma'd equipment and they are challenging enough to kill you if you are not careful.  NM difficulty is for advanced players, not casual ones, so go with some gusto or go home.

Vampire missions take strategy and luck, but the HP regen on kills is very awesome, I have played a wide variety of these missions and never once have I run out of HP on my way to the exit, maybe it happens but hey .....strategy.

Uhm, I solo most of the NM levels without too much of a problem and think they are fine just the way they are.  Bring level 20+ gear, or forma'd equipment and they are challenging enough to kill you if you are not careful.  NM difficulty is for advanced players, not casual ones, so go with some gusto or go home.

Vampire missions take strategy and luck, but the HP regen on kills is very awesome, I have played a wide variety of these missions and never once have I run out of HP on my way to the exit, maybe it happens but hey .....strategy.

I see DE taking the very lazy path to making thing harder and if this is a template the game is never going to be harder just annoying. I have soloed the level 70 ones it never hard it actual easier on the higher level maps because of the swarms. The scaling the nightmare vampire is inverted the higher the mission level the easier it is, the lower the level the harder it is.

Edited by LazyKnight

Not sure bug or im out of luck... Played mercury random ext mission in nightmare mode... (VAMP) i died be4 i get to kill anything. Used a revive(Don't ask me why) and continue and guess what... 1 or 2 grineer on the way... 30 over grineer at extraction waiting for me. seriously? The mission is to kill 45 of them...