The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pleases Remove Vampire Nightmare Entirely

LazyKnight

My problem with Nightmare mode is that both the Vamp and timer encourage rushing through the mission:  I could have sworn DE said they didn't like people rushing through missions (hence the 'friendship doors' and 'half the team must be at extraction before the timer starts to count down').

I'm not a rusher, I like to take my time to explore and find/access secret areas (so yes, I take way longer than 5 mins to clear a mission): Nightmare mode, thus far, goes against my play style  (not to mention I hate timed missions of any flavor).  Needless to say, I won't be doing any (more) Nightmare missions.

Not sure bug or im out of luck... Played mercury random ext mission in nightmare mode... (VAMP) i died be4 i get to kill anything. Used a revive(Don't ask me why) and continue and guess what... 1 or 2 grineer on the way... 30 over grineer at extraction waiting for me. seriously? The mission is to kill 45 of them...

The lower level maps should be avoided because of how sparsely populated they are the grineer are never in swarms

Son...You are doing it wrong !

Its easy mode and a cake walk killing swarms of level 50+ and broken if you have an elevator. I would rather have just a timer based on individual maps that couldn't not be restored so at least it would be easier to balance.

The old game armored core did this in order to actual win you had to clear it at break neck speed and exploit every moment and it was balanced so it was always possible to get an S rank.

Edited by LazyKnight

Actually I am going to jump in here and say I suspect there is a new bug after the last hotfix, I was just one shot in vampire mode, running capped fully modded trinity, full shields, near full health facing level 20 npc's. Ran it again with a 30 excal prime to discount a bug with trinity, same deal, one shot and unable to do a damn thing about it.

If you have top tier l337s then youd have no problems grabbing ash or loki and putting a maxed out sprint,marathon and rest mods on and zoom through the level killing as you go, inivisible and not being fire upon. Ive run it 30 times in the past two hours and not only is it a easy farm its borderline broken easy. Not once have I dopped below 65% health from the tics.

@HexCaliber

I ran it after the hotfixes that were dropped in and haven't seen this issue yet. I'll be doing a bit more testing but I have had my shields take a beating from a heavy gunner so I'm not sure what's happening with your game.

@HexCaliber

I ran it after the hotfixes that were dropped in and haven't seen this issue yet. I'll be doing a bit more testing but I have had my shields take a beating from a heavy gunner so I'm not sure what's happening with your game.

Only thing I can think of is their might be some bug that makes NPC ignore armor class and do full damage just like the vampire DOT(it works on even a rhino shields and still hurts him at full %).

Edited by LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

Against most trash mobs at level 20-30 they shouldn't take your shields down on a single hit though, and HexCaliber did say that they had full shields and still died in one shot.

I will be doing more testing when I am able to but I haven't seen that behavior.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@LazyKnight

Against most trash mobs at level 20-30 they shouldn't take your shields down on a single hit though, and HexCaliber did say that they had full shields and still died in one shot.

I will be doing more testing when I am able to but I haven't seen that behavior.

They are glitches in those NPC I randomly die on my frost with 300 armor, 740 health, 1110 shields and full shields at the time of death it is very hard to test.

Edited by LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

I've ran it a few times each with Nova, Vauban, FP and Rhino last night after the last hotfix dropped and never came across it. I'll be looking into various enemy types and combinations to see what could be happening and see if I run across anything that can be somewhat consistant.

Watch out Tsu or he will report you for trolling.

Oh no! my history of using the report icon zero times in the time I have played should really scare people away..... Ignore the topic let it die I will not use necromancy to keep it going. I just do not want this to end up 30 pages of people flaming me.

Edited by LazyKnight

@HexCaliber

Only thing I can think of is their might be some bug that makes NPC ignore armor class and do full damage just like the vampire DOT(it works on even a rhino shields and still hurts him at full %).

I had run a number of nightmare missions with no issue like this before the last hotfix which is why I bring it up.

First death I was running a potatoed fully modded level 30 trinity when killed by a level 25 shield lancers bash attack, full shields, near full health, slap and dead. Realising something was wrong, rather than revive, I quit and went in with excal prime to discount a bug with trinity; same deal, except this time an elite grineer killed me with two bursts from his burston, first took out full shields and part of my health the second burst killed me.

I had run a number of nightmare missions with no issue like this before the last hotfix which is why I bring it up.

First death I was running a potatoed fully modded level 30 trinity when killed by a level 25 shield lancers bash attack, full shields, near full health, slap and dead. Realising something was wrong, rather than revive, I quit and went in with excal prime to discount a bug with trinity; same deal, except this time an elite grineer killed me with two bursts from his burston, first took out full shields and part of my health the second burst killed me.

I should have 100/(300+100)=.25 there should be nothing in game that can drop me in one hit because that would take 1110+2960 damage to achieve that. I have had it happen at least a few times on M-Prime where I couldn't figure out how they killed me. I do not know if it is a bug or not and I do not want to test it with the amount death it would take to figure out why it happening.

Edited by LazyKnight

I've never had an issue running these on rhino or ash. Shotguns make these a breeze :D

Can I shot the elevator in the corpus ship please? lol

You keep telling people to let this thread die, yet you reply to literally every post.

I'm curious as to how you reply to this one.

Not hard to let it die and still respond to it.

Edited by LazyKnight

Oh no! my history of using the report icon zero times in the time I have played should really scare people away..... Ignore the topic let it die I will not use necromancy to keep it going. I just do not want this to end up 30 pages of people flaming me.

You keep telling people to let this thread die, yet you reply to literally every post.

I'm curious as to how you reply to this one.

Not hard to let it die and still respond to it.

Sneaky.

Edited by Niavlys77

@LazyKnight

Its occasionally fun to run around and murder everything in "rambo like" gameplay.

Just like its occasionally fun to go through an entire mission without firing a single shot on a limited timer.

Just because YOU dont like it, doesnt give you any right to remove it from the people who do.

And for the most part it is pretty fun, and at least a little bit harder than the normal missions where you can take 45 minutes to slowly clear out a level.

You have to balance: "DO I go over to this sideroom and loot it, or do I skip that and just make a mad dash for the exit?" That's part of the fun and challenges it can bring. Its also "Damn...mod dropped back there. DO I risk the mission to head back one or two rooms to grab it?" Or if a mod falls in one of the large asteroid room you have to ask the same question.

@LazyKnight

They JUST introduced nightmare mode. One of the new mutators that they said was coming soon was weapon limitations, such as only being able to use your pistol or rifle, or melee weapon. That could be a *lot* of fun when that finally hits.

And what is the point of the game?

Have fun.

Simple as that.

And the nightmare modes add a change in pace, difficulty and are quite fun to play.

If you find them not fun then dont play them.

I dont really like playing infinite defense missions as they feel boring to me so I dont play them beyond clearing them. I play rarely when I want a few mods but I dont spend much time on them.

Do I still have fun doing everything else? OF course.

So you have two solutions:

1) Wait for new nightmare modes to drop and play those and see if you like them

2) Just dont play nightmare modes because you dont like them.

Either one will solve you issue and wont require removing something that a lot of people find fun.

The topic is perhaps a bit too agressive about the quality of nightmare missions, and some of these points are okay about them.  If they aren't improving your game, then don't play them sort of works.  Except that Nightmare modes provide mods that you don't get anywhere else, and if they are on a mission you want, then you can't avoid them.  Right now, you can't toggle off nightmare.  If it has appeared, you are forced to play it on nightmare.  So, for two different reasons, you can't just skip nightmare.

You could just find an alternative mission to do when nightmare comes up on certain missions, but that isn't exactly easy in some situations.  It still doesn't help with the mod issue.  As for other mutator's coming in.  Do you think that weapon limitations won't be in addition to vampire most of the time?  Do you think vampire will occur less often because other mutators are available?  Do you ever get a choice or notification of which mutators will be activated before it has sent you to the mission?

It is a little bit like Ice ships.  You don't get a choice, and you don't get advanced notice.  You have to enter the mission and get stuck with whatever gets dumped on you.  You can't really prepare for it because you don't know what is going to come up.

I had the problems when they ramped up the vampire too high.  It has since come down enough that I am willing to do nightmare again, but I did see the issue where some ships just don't have enough enemies.  Vampire really does need to be responsive to the number of enemies at times.  But that just wouldn't seem to work "Vampirism wears off because the enemies are gone?"

Perhaps the mode should be swapped out in favor of something a little more adaptive that would still sound good.  Perhaps "Leech mode: your life drains and restores nearby enemies.  The more enemies, the faster the drain of your life.  Kill enemies to recover some of the drained health."  Still, you could find problems with that mode also, mainly the fact that sometimes infested hit you without about 20 enemies that all sit on top of you almost as soon as they spawn.  Without one of the damaging four abilities, you wouldn't likely survive the drain.

As an additional bit of information, the difference between vampire and just the timer is that the timer fails your mission automatically.  Vampire gives you the chance to revive.  At least, that is what I was lead to believe.  I haven't let a timer run out to test the theory.

Edited by JHarlequin

As an additional bit of information, the difference between vampire and just the timer is that the timer fails your mission automatically.  Vampire gives you the chance to revive.  At least, that is what I was lead to believe.  I haven't let a timer run out to test the theory.

I'll test this in a few but it should be exactly the same as when you break the reactor mission and the timer starts because of loss of ship integrity. Just tested it just send you to the mission failed screen.

Edited by LazyKnight