Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Three problmes

AmericanBeauty2017

Question

hello, I have three questions.

1. Language

I'm korean. I want to use this forum by Korean. Is there anyone who understand korean?

2. Graphic Problems.(graphic images of character and landskape become crased and rotted)

I use Geforce 640M and 4Gb Ram. When I select the high quality display option, it performance well. After one mission completed, however, graphic problems happens.

If I select lowest quality display option, after three mission competed, graphic problems happens. And then, It changes normal graphics after I restart the game.

3. The Error of Mission 'Stolen Dream'

I try to finish the last part of Mission 'Stolen Dream' ; finding Alkain mechanics. When I start this mission solo or multiplay, program stop and exit automaticallly. Automatical exit time is decided ramdomly. I assume that the map of this mission is too big to play with my graphic card. Although if I select lowest quality display option, same situation happens. 

Could you complete this mission for me using GM's ability?

6 answers to this question

I think your card either has not enough cool air (it's getting hot as S#&$) or has not enough power to run at full frequency. Download something like MSI Afterburner and monitor your temperature, if it's over 70 on the GPU and about 60+ on the CPU then you probably have to change your thermal paste or underclock/undervolt your GPU.

Graphics adapters would more likely disable the output and go into shutdown state for a certain amount of time, rather than causing graphical issues in a game, if temperature was at fault here. That's how most cards are designed to behave, at least.

What I think is more likely the case is, that the graphics card may indeed not get the needed amount of power to run the game, which would cause graphical glitches and bad performance, due to the inability of keeping up with the tasks. My advise would be, to do as Praxxor said and check your temperatures to rule that out 100%, but instead use specialized tools for that, as MSI Afterburner tends to have compatibility issues and issues with reading inaccurate values, due to too many variables not aligning with its settings.

Sadly, downvolting (lowering the amount of voltage available for your GPU) will not help here, but rather amplify the issue, if power is the problem here. I do not recommend to change the clockspeed on anything as of now either, as it may falsify the results on the readings. Over-/Underclocking anything voids the warranty you may still have, so I feel obligated to tell you, that you'd do that on your own risk.

I recommend Core Temp and GPU Temp to read both the temperature of the GPU and the CPU, seeing as laptops tend to have temperature issues in general.

The third issue you are having is most likely related to your RAM, instead of your graphics card. Low VRAM mostly results in poor performance, long loading times and generally a low FPS rate, due to insufficient amounts of data being streamed from the VRAM to keep up with the demand of the game and what is thrown at the GPU by the CPU. In most cases, it would not cause a program to stop working, without explicitly saying so and without intent by the programmer (i.e. "Running out of Video Memory!").

So, to check a few things -->You have 4GB of RAM:

• Do you run a 32-bit or a 64-bit system?
  • Do you know the frequency of your RAM?
  • Do you have similiar issues in other games?
  • Is your system slow in general?
  • Do you get occasional hiccups, like stuttering when doing day-to-day things on your computer?

I can't guarantee you a flawless diagnosis, but I will help you to the best of my abilities. If you'd answer those questions (and check the temperature readings with the mentioned tools), I can assist you further, if you like.

Additional question:

• How much wattage does your power supply provide?

It'll be good to know for the overall analysis, even though I doubt you'd get shipped a laptop with non-matching hardware.

So now, after you've checked whether the hardware is faulty or not, you may go ahead and install the latest drivers available for your GPU. Outdated drivers may cause issues as well, albeit not in this "direct" way. Driver issues would be easily identified, because they would be more present and cause problems in more ways than just a single game not running properly.

If you have any questions or something is unclear to you, just ask away. I will try my best to explain anything as simple as possible.

Edited by Ferah_Frithu
Added additional information/questions