Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides of the Lotus Recruitment??

-LoG-Frozen_Priest

Question

Hello! I'm making this post with the hoping of grabbing the attention of either a DE staff, or an official Guide. I am very interested in becoming a Guide. I enjoy helping newer players as much as I can, and feel that I would make an excellent Guide. I know that there isn't currently a recruitment period, but I wish to know more. Consider this post, if you will, a resume of sorts pointing out how I can be of use to DE. 

Services and help I can offer as a Guide are"

• I have an excellent grasp of the mechanics of the game, as I have been playing it for almost 4 years.
  • Throughout my clan and friends that I have helped master the game, I can easily get in touch with newer players and offer my assistance and advice.
  • I am online most of the day, as Warframe has become a very big part of my life. To say that it's an obsession of mine would be an understatement.
  • I can speak Japanese semi-fluently, and I am rapidly learning more of the language, allowing me to communicate with more players.
  • I take manners and respect very seriously, so I can always be depended on to maintain a friendly, helpful role when called upon.

Again, I know that there isn't (at the time this was posted) a recruitment open for the Guides of The Lotus, but I felt I should put my skills out there. With what is listed, does that make me a good candidate for being a Guide? If there is anything I missed or need to work on, please let me know so that I can make myself a better candidate.

10 answers to this question

Normally, GotL applications aren't submitted in this manner.

DE typically opens up a recruitment thread when more members are needed, and I'm not sure they need any at the moment.
You are more than qualified to become one, definitely. Just not sure they are open for recruiting at this time.

But who knows, maybe someone at DE will see this and be like: "Okay sure. This guy is in."

:D

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

TL;DR  "Please look at me i have nothing to do in life but i have a lot of patience! (which is actually pretty rare nowdays)"

15 minutes ago, Raveon7 said:

I can speak Japanese semi-fluently, and I am rapidly learning more of the language, allowing me to communicate with more players

So you are an Hydroid-main i suppose?

BTW, imoh we really need more guides, beside the same 2 guys, i never see a good amount of them in chat/relays. 

GL

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

guides recruitment will begin soon, follow DE Danielle , she will   be the one posting the news on it, and she has stated its coming soon  in twitter , so just keep your ears to the ground 

example 2016 -

some of the factors of being a guide that are known

• certain amount of  hours played in game
  • multiple languages

I meet those two requirements, I was wondering if there were any others I might not be aware of. Thank you for that information though. I had no clue as to when it would start again. I don't use Twitter :P. But seriously, thanks. That's a veritable gold mine of info.

4 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

TL;DR  "Please look at me i have nothing to do in life but i have a lot of patience! (which is actually pretty rare nowdays)"

So you are an Hydroid-main i suppose?

BTW, imoh we really need more guides, beside the same 2 guys, i never see a good amount of them in chat/relays. 

GL

While I appreciate your humor, no I am not. I own the frame, but don't really use it. I like the implied hentai joke though. *round of applause*

Hello Raveon,

That is exactly the type of thing we love to see. Continue to do what you enjoy by helping and supporting new or returning players.

There is not yet any official date for new recruitments but keep an eye on the forum. I wish you the best of luck when the time to recruit comes!:satisfied: