Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I sell a warframe if i have it's prime?

yaboiquan

Question

Im building 3 warframes but i have 2 open slots. I have both Valkyr and Valkyr prime, so I want to sell Valkyr to make space for one of my new warframes. I have the plat to buy a new slot but i also want to buy a 1 more potato. What should i do sell Valkyr because i already have the prime or keep it and farm for more plat?

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

Why keep your old frame around just for extra builds?  Why not just build two primes?

Im only using the 1 build at the moment until I can find some even better mods 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Chewarette said:

Valkyr is no big deal but sometimes, having 2 times the same frame can be beneficial.

The best example for that is Nova who I think cannot be fully optimized for both Slow and Speed because of polarities.

You may also want a frame with more than 3 setups (but that's really, really rare).

This is probably the best example of why to keep two of the same frame.  It is a case that can't be applied to every frame though.  Short of collection purposes, there really isn't many reasons to keep the reg frame once you have the prime.  Especially when you are possibly limited on slots.

As for Prime vs Regular, with Primes you do still have the option to have it look like the regular frame if you like that look better.  Saryn and Trinity are examples of this.  

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

You can squeeze a Speed build on to Slova polarities.  Since Speed Nova is for farming and not for difficult content, she doesn't need to be optimized and perfectly modded.

This is true.  I did it this exact way also and just use Loadout Slots to quickly switch between them as necessary.  Hehe, I did say that it was the best example of why to keep two of the same frame, but it still doesn't out way the all the other logical reasons to only have one.  :D

Funny situation time:  I have two Ivaras due to buying her when I first started and then getting the bundle a little bit later.  I don't need two, but can't tell which one is which in the inventory screen to delete the correct one.  So, I have a frame taking up a slot and too afraid to try to free it up as I might remove the wrong one.  LOL.