Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

melee weapons

(XBOX)FeekLmatter

Question

9 answers to this question

Do you want to play bey-blades 24/7h on warframe?
I sure don't, so I play other melees.

With the introduction of new melee mods, almost any "Decent" melee can destroy top-tier enemies like they're nothing.

Why use anything other than the boltace you ask? Because I can and it's just as effective.

okay. so im not missing anything then. 

yea. i look stupid and its boring. 

but i do 3000 spin dmg with elemantal mods upgraded maybe twice and a max pressure point. no forma or catalyst required.

ill build something that actually looks sexy after all these enemies get one shot in half.

Edited by (XB1)im worried sick

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)im worried sick said:

my calculations dont show a 3x crit damage weapon out dps-ing 3000 spin damage every 1.5 seconds. lol

Spoiler

mM7X6uN.png

I dunno, man, doesn't sound like a lot to me.

Seriously speaking though, almost every stick will effectively outdps Boltace - it has a minuscule reach and it doesn't really scale with Blood Rush.

Edited by Epsik-kun

can you give an exact example? because i dont see how, and thats why im asking.

and for the record the reach isnt bad. ive spin attacked a group of 2-3-4 enemeies looked back at all there bodys on the floor, so.

-----------------------------------

3.0 damage multiplyer by landing 135 strikes in fast enough succession. 

youve modded for 100% crit chance at 5.7x

youre base damage is 55. with max pressure point, 121. two max elemental mods gives a grand total of 338.8.

multiplyed by 5.7 = 1,931.

multiplyed by 3 = 5,793

so i can see how it could surpass the 3,949 spin damage i have by a massive 2k

but you need good crit mods and 135 prior strikes.

now lets do that same formula with a more commonly found weapon of 40 damage at 2x crit.

modded at 3.8x at 100%

max pressure point, 88.

two elemental mods 246.

246 x 3.8 = 934.

multiplyed 3x after landing 135 strikes = 2804.

so id say the spin damage is pretty hefty and guarenteed. 

because i cant wrap my head around 100% crit chance, but i dont know every mod like the blood rush you mentioned.

also confirms that if you base crit isnt 3.0, going for that build isnt worth it compared to spinning. if youre looking to do damage and not look cool.

Well, an example of pure reach would be something like Orthos Prime. Boltace spins normally hit only a single target, maybe two-three if they all stuck together. meanwhile Orthos Prime can easily hit pretty much the whole group of enemies you're sliding into. So, while Boltace has about x3.5 of Orthos' spin damage, it will deal less effective damage most of the time due to hitting 5-15 times fewer enemies.

An example of a crit weapon being overall stronger would be something like Dual Ichor. While Boltace spins usually would take you more than a second to reliably perform, Ichors have access to Swirling Tiger which increases DPS by over 400% while providing knockdowns, thus enabling devastating doubled x4 Slash procs on following ground finishers. Meanwhile, crit-stat with True Steel and Organ Shatter will provide a separate overall x2.88 multiplier to everything on the above. Ichors can also be built into pure Corrosive becoming much more effective against armor than any Puncture weapon will ever be. So while Ichors normal attack has 35 base damage against Boltace's 510, Dual Ichor will outperform Boltace by a huge margin.

And then there are weapons and mods of simply higher power tier. For example, Galatine Prime (and all the other heavy weapons) has access to Cleaving Whirlwind stance which has Broken Bull combo. This combo is full of x4 damage double-swing attacks, each of which is performed far faster than a single spin from Boltace can be done. Galatine Prime having 165 base damage will deal 1320 damage per one such attack without any mods at all. Including the base crit-stat, on the average it'll be around 1584, which is already over three times the damage of Boltace per spin. Galatine Prime also deals mainly slash damage and has relatively high status proc chance, meaning Slash proc will also deal a considerable amount of extra damage.

As for mods, there's Blood Rush and Maiming Strike. Blood Rush multiplicatively increases critical hit chance by 165% multiplied by the combo counter. Maiming Strike additively increases pre-Blood Rush crit by a flat 90% on spin attacks. And here's where the difference between being a crit and a non-crit weapon becomes a huge deal.
Assuming x1.5 combo multiplier (5 attacks), let's compare average spin damage for Boltace with 4x90% elemental mods and Dual Ichor with 2x90%, Organ Shatter and Blood Rush.
Omitting the formulas, the result is: 4483 for Ichors, 3606 for Boltace - and spinning isn't really the best way for Ichors to deal damage.
Completing the full build, getting a higher combo, and including various synergies will make the damage difference even more dramatic - up to the level you can see in the previous screenshot.