Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the "Eximus weak point" system is a TERRIBLE idea

Ceadeus

Just now, Mints said:

Using contemporary body armor as an example isn't all that compelling. A ceramic or steel plate could stop shotgun pellets, on paper, but a 12g Buckshot shell is still like somebody slamming a sledgehammer into your chest as hard as they can. Penetration will be minimal, but the kinetic energy's still probably going to break your ribs. It'll save your life but you're not going to be combat capable. A 12g Slug at any reasonable range will tear through a plate, and flechette shells (which are still legal in a lot of places) will destroy your plate and your torso. Mind you I'm agreeing with your assertion, just not the whole premise.

I recall DE mentioning that in Damage 3.0 they're looking to change how damage types work and, according to the Tenno Pump Action Shotgun concept art, potentially introduce ammo types. Armor Piercing should be a quality you have to sacrifice other things for, or at the very least a replacement for MultiShot. Please, no invulnerable health bars that act as ammo sinks for less experienced players.

Isnt that exactly the point?

2 minutes ago, KuramaKitsune said:

Isnt that exactly the point?

Not necessarily, as contemporary body armor isn't directly comparable to whatever armor these Grineer are wearing. Let's take the power armor you mentioned: I find it entirely reasonable for certain kinds of ammo types to bounce off of powered armor, doing very little damage. Should it survive a 40,000 damage Vaykor Hek blast? In my opinion, potentially yes. But then how do we judge all of that? Frankly I think the damage type system should be significantly more complicated and players should be encouraged to carry lots of different ways of dealing death instead of just dropping Corrosive and Heat on everything.

Just now, Mints said:

Not necessarily, as contemporary body armor isn't directly comparable to whatever armor these Grineer are wearing. Let's take the power armor you mentioned: I find it entirely reasonable for certain kinds of ammo types to bounce off of powered armor, doing very little damage. Should it survive a 40,000 damage Vaykor Hek blast? In my opinion, potentially yes. But then how do we judge all of that? Frankly I think the damage type system should be significantly more complicated and players should be encouraged to carry lots of different ways of dealing death instead of just dropping Corrosive and Heat on everything.

Ok, my point still stands,

If a shot bounces off, thad be = to like 95% damage reduction.

But also keep in mind, that will also degrade the effectivness of the armor with each hit.

Repeated shotgun blasts to the nards, especially in the SAME nard WILL still break through and kill the tsrget.

No invincibility required

Consider it mechanically like rhino skin power, 

It has xx hp shield over its standard hp or something 

Itll glance off some dmg 

But wont stand up long against solid point blank shots or continual rapid fire