The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please make a forum rule so people doesn't make full quote from a long post?

Rekkou

You'll see this often in DE's update thread or contest. whenever DE or someone else post a long post or post with large image there are always "that guy" who decided they need to quote the full unedited post. The result is that you get unnecessary repeats and the thread got needlessly elongated.

Can't speak for everyone but for me it's just plain annoying and make the whole thread becomes much harder to read.

Just now, Xekrin said:

Unfortunately not a lot of people know that they can highlight and quote excerpts of posts, which works on phones too btw (double tap to highlight).

The problem is that sometimes they don't even need to quote at all. There are people who quote the full OP post disregarding the fact that people in the thread won't miss it and if you reply in a thread you automatically respond to the OP post.

1 minute ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Welcome to internet forums. We complained about this behavior back in year 2000 and nothing's changed since.

I have hope because it's much better moderated here. I never even bother going to a forum that will let you put a "signature" on their post because people will fill it with what's basically a desktop wallpaper.

1 minute ago, Rekkou said:

I never even bother going to a forum that will let you put a "signature" on their post because people will fill it with what's basically a desktop wallpaper.

Hey hey hey, a lot of them have restrictions in place XD

I don't think it would be a good idea because it would be an unnecessary amount of work for the mods. Mainly because you can bet people would still do it.

"Something something Founder items, something something inb4lock" would be a good example of why it wouldn't really make a difference. I get what you mean totally but it'd just make the forum look even more stricter than what people make it to be.