Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Have a slider for directional/binaural sounds

Akariteru

With the recent addition, incorporation, and focus on sounds that can only be heard through one side of the headphones or speakers (as per Chains of Harrow quest), I feel that there should be an option to accommodate for players who are hard of hearing on one side. Perhaps a toggle that enables or disables binaural sound, with the default being all sounds coming from both sides.

As someone who is profoundly deaf, I had difficulty becoming properly immersed in this quest, where this is the first time that this feature has been used and relied on for the game. Sentences seemingly miss words, and enemies who make noises are unhearable depending on their location. A toggle to disable this option would allow for players like myself to experience the game as everyone else does, without relying on subtitles and blind shots to make up for a lack of hearing on one side.

Thank you!

For whatever reason my speakers don't work on one side. I could simply combat this on Windows XP by channeling all the sound to the working speaker, but since I upgraded to Win 7 I can't do this anymore. What's worse Warframe does not support binaural sound.

I'm sure it's not a hard thing to add to game's code and it will make game experience better for people like me and people like @-CG-Squiddy as he/she mentioned above. 

Edited by ArtisticWolf