Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insufficient Video Memory since Update21

KeroroLulu

Hi,

Here's my problem, since the Update 21 with Harrow I got this error message while playing in mission : "Insufficient Video Memory" before that I didn't have any crash with Warframe, I was able to play correctly for hours. I'm on Windows 10 32 bit and I noticed that other 32 bit users have the same problem as me, and they have a much better performance (I got a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 TI, still correct but not the best I know). In my case I can play correctly in several missions, but when I play on LUA, Earth or Relay with lot of players I crash 2 min after loading the map. That never happened before.

I tried to uninstall properly my driver from NVIDIA to update it (using Driver Display Uninstaller then download the driver from de NVIDIA web site), clean my computer with CCleaner and Privazer, Verify and Optimise Warframe, use Game Booster to kill any process who will slow my computer, a selective start up for windows and uninstall Warframe with RevoUninstaller clean the computer then restart it before downloading the new Warframe installer from this site and install it.

I always play with low quality without DirectX 10 and 11. I didn't install PhysX and Geforce Experience who make my computer crash with BSOD (watchdog violation). When I play with DirectX 10 and 11 my game crash at the mission loading and send a report. So I assume that I have to wait for an hotfix because I can't install Windows 10 64 bit currently and I have to wait for better materials.

Is the 560ti the 1GB version or the 1.25GB version.... although to be perfectly honest the current vram usage for the game is struggling to fit into 2GB so you may be out of luck.

Harsh to say this but expecting a lower end and/or old gpu to manage playing warframe as it gets all the graphical stuff added is a little unrealistic and as I've been saying for a fair while now DE needs to adjust the minimum specs of the game to take into account realistic requirements.

I got 2GB of RAM don't worry ^^

Edit : even if I play with 1080 ti I will play with low quality, the high one is hurting my eyes with all these useless effects the low one is ironically the more realistic and beautiful one haha

Edited by KeroroLulu

2 minutes ago, KeroroLulu said:

I got 2GB of RAM don't worry ^^

ram... is that system (on motherboard) or gpu memory. 

I'm referring to the gpu which now seems to need 2GB of it's own memory (ie not whats on the motherboard) to run smoothly (it may change as things get optimised)

4 minutes ago, KeroroLulu said:

My bad, I just check I'm using 1,9/4,1Go so I don't think that it will be a problem for me.

As I said before is that system or gpu ram?  If you're reading from the numbers from task manager, which it looks like you are, then it will be your system ram. 

The gpu in your system has it's own amount of memory, if it's below 2GB (which I believe it is for the 560ti - see first post) it will likely not be enough to support the apparent requirements of the update.  If you are lucky future refinements may change this.

I hope so, but people with a 1080 ti have the same problem as me, so I think that they will fix that soon. I didn't see any online game using more than 2 GO of RAM, even Tera Online or Blade and Soul that are much much more detailed and beautiful than Warframe. So passing to 4Go will be a commercial mistake.