The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Getting 5-10 FPS Frequently. Help!

EchoCallisto

So, I've been playing Warframe for at least 3 years now and I know I don't have the greatest setup for gaming but lately I have been more and more frustrated with my FPS. I have all my in game settings either on low or completely turned off. My game mostly runs at 30 fps, which I am okay with and if I am luckily, it will jump up to 60 fps. I just want to play, I don't care about how pretty my graphics look. I am more focused on performance. But lately it has been dropping all the way down to 5 fps and will frequently sit at 10 fps, even in solo missions. I don't know if you have experienced 5-10 fps but, oh boy, let me tell you; it is literally unplayable. I notice it drops mostly when I am in combat and everyone is spamming their abilities or when there is a ton of enemies running around, but it will drop at other random times too, like when I am just chilling in my liset. I have tried everything I have found on the internet but nothing has improved the performance. I've done a clean restart, shut down all background programs, set my windows 10 settings to highest performance and low appearance, I've played windowed and fullscreen, I've optimized the game (like ten freakin' times), turned my res all the way down, turned off 64 bit, Vertical Sync, DirectX 10 and 11, updated my graphics card, and even wiped my computer at one point. I don't have the option to upgrade my computer or buy a better one but that's what all of this is pointing too. So, in my desperation, I am coming to you for help. So tell me; do I have any hope of stabilizing my game at 30 fps? Or is buying another setup my only option?

I am not familiar with all the specs of my computer you need but this is what I got:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

System Manufacturer: LENOVO

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 6056MB RAM

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Using speedtest.net without Warframe running: 

PING:12 ms 

DOWNLOAD: 30.07 Mbps

UPLOAD: 6.06 Mbps

Using speedtest.net with Warframe running:

PING: 12 ms 

DOWNLOAD: 28.28 Mbps 

UPLOAD: 6.05 Mbps

Yep, the Intel 4xxx series are weak as hell. I would definitely make sure you are on recent drivers as the older ones were really bad.

You could look into a 750Ti as these are monsters for their price and they don't even need external power connectors so you don't have to worry about your power supply. I had one of these until recently.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-1020MHz-1085MHz-5400MHz-Graphics/dp/B00IDG3PRI/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1499001554&sr=8-24&keywords=gtx+750+ti

For a little more there are 4Gb 1050Ti which look good but I have never owned one so I can't be 100%.

I have the same problem, used to love the game because of how fun it was, but now with the fps drops it is almost unplayable as it happens every 30 seconds and it lasts around 10 seconds itself. This all started happening after the chains of Harrow update and it was 60 fps all the time for me before. It would be great if they could make it more playable or add more options for quality but until the next update, I'm off Warframe.