Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick PC Question Again

(PSN)nkfaisal

Question

So I made a thread a couple days ago about downloading Warframe. I've downloaded it but I'm having an issue where the laptop makes a lot of noise when running a game. I thought the issue was just Warframe but I have the same issue with a game as simple as Candy Crush Saga. Anyone have thoughts as to why that happens? Also, does anyone have tips to using a gaming laptop? I don't want to make noob mistakes that might cause issues with my laptop or files. 

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Sargeant_Q said:

Heat would be my guess without looking at it. 

I doubt that honestly. The fan makes a loud sound after playing for like 2 minutes. Also, this is a new laptop with specs higher than the minimum specs. 

1 minute ago, Sargeant_Q said:

When the fan starts spinning really fast it tends to make a lot of noise.  And a lot of heat with cause the fan to spin really fast.  What do you use the computer on?  A desk?  Your Lap?  Something else?

It's on my lap. It doesn't seem to feel hot.

A bit of a long shot, but perhaps when the laptop detects a small amount of heat the Fans rev up to full?   Perhaps something like openhardwaremonitor would help you prove it and then perhaps you could get some fan speed setting software if that was the case. It is just a guess however.

13 minutes ago, JakeTrans said:

A bit of a long shot, but perhaps when the laptop detects a small amount of heat the Fans rev up to full?   Perhaps something like openhardwaremonitor would help you prove it and then perhaps you could get some fan speed setting software if that was the case. It is just a guess however.

Here are some screenshots after using that software you mentioned: 

6 minutes ago, AtoKitsune said:

Your laptop may automatically turn on its fan when playing games. It's a fairly common feature, and is to ensure the safety of the internal hardware.

Cool. Any way I can make it so it doesn't spin as fast and loud when playing games?

1 hour ago, (PS4)nkfaisal said:

Cool. Any way I can make it so it doesn't spin as fast and loud when playing games?

I do not know, really. It may be in the advanced power settings of your laptop but it might not control them if they're custom.