Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Spawning Right Now Is Blatantly Unfair And Discourages Tactical Combat.

XCodes

Again, unless the respawn bug has resurfaced (and this has not been my experience, ambush/chase squads usually catch up to me if I get into a major firefight in front of me) this is working as intended and I personally do not see anything wrong with it. Whack-a-mole cover shooters are boring :F

I do not mind wave of NPC from both direction even when solo it just the speed they spawn . If this is intended I'll deal with it but it would be nice if they at least made it so the shock wave MOA had to spawn in an adjacent room and not the one your currently in. This is a mess with parties because you might have people in 4 different rooms at once, I just want them to have use doors or something visible obvious if the player is in close proximity.

Edited by LazyKnight

I do not mind wave of NPC from both direction even when solo it just the speed they spawn . If this is intended I'll deal with it but it would be nice if they at least made it so the shock wave MOA had to spawn in an adjacent room and not the one your currently in. This is a mess with parties because you might have people in 4 different rooms at once, I just want them to have use doors or something visible obvious if the player is in close proximity.

Yeah, I think spread out parties can mess this up a bit and you can see weirdness as described. MOAs are a special case, they actually have distinct, visible "closets" that they get out of that spit out both regular and shockwave moas, but in general, having the aggressive waves spawn from behind locked doors and charge from there would be the way to go, no argument there. 

Particularly annoying when you're trying to stealth it up and one enemy spawns miles behind you and next thing you know Lotus says "Welp, looks like that one enemy you would've never known was there saw ya'. Guess you gotta fight 'em all with that weaksauce bow of yours"

I support at least for that.

Particularly annoying when you're trying to stealth it up and one enemy spawns miles behind you and next thing you know Lotus says "Welp, looks like that one enemy you would've never known was there saw ya'. Guess you gotta fight 'em all with that weaksauce bow of yours"

I support at least for that.

New enemies should not spawn in while you are not detected and nobody raised the alarm. Also, if someone sees you, they still need to actually reach one of the panic terminals. It used to be that enemies in different rooms could start an alarm even if they didn't see you, but that should have been corrected with one of the recent patches.

This was a problem 4 months ago, and the devs have done nothing about it. By now I'm pretty sure that's the intended way to play the game: with backspawning enemies.

And like many, many of DE's attempts at "difficulty" it's just a cheap and lazy artificial way to make the game harder.

Boy howdy do I love being stunlocked to death because a disrupter ancient and a few chargers spawned right behind me in a room I cleared and I wasn't psychic enough to realize it until I got hit.

If this was annoying when you play normal game than it will be x10 more frustration when you try to play steath or play at high lv stage with "just poralized" warframe.

It's fun to play again tough enemy, but this kind of bulS#&$ spawning is unbearable.

- do you VS Grineer lv 45?

- Your loki has been max level?

- And your loki has used potato?

- Which 's pet you solo with? shade, wym, or cude?

- You solo you should use enemy radar and need watch the mini map.

I'm not the OP, but I'll answer this because I'm having about the same experience as he does...

- You do when you have to, like clearing the reactor room so you can destroy the objective.  Otherwise you bypass as much as possible.

- Cant speak for the OP, but I am maxed out and 45+ Level anything with knockdown will kill a loki.

- I'm guessing yes, mine is

- Irrelevant.  Based on how the AI works, all sentinels are meaningless... you can run cube and get virtually the same results as Shade.  Shade actually gets you killed more then it saves you now.

- Enemy radar is pointless for a non-combat frame, which is what Loki is reduced to at higher difficulty ranges (when solo).  You need energy syphon for more invisibility or die.

@OP : Stop shooting it out with anything that isn't directly blocking your path.  If you want to kill stuff, (for farm) you need to be over-leveled or sporting IMBA kunai.  You can't play Loki the same way after update 9, its way harder.

Edited by Troublechutor

New enemies should not spawn in while you are not detected and nobody raised the alarm. Also, if someone sees you, they still need to actually reach one of the panic terminals. It used to be that enemies in different rooms could start an alarm even if they didn't see you, but that should have been corrected with one of the recent patches.

I've seen enemies spawning in cleared rooms while doing stealth mission in solo with no alert raised. It definitely happens. I always go with radar on solo missions and i've seen enemies spawning right behind your back.

The only solution is to abandon tactical warframes and rush through levels with the latest overpowered fotm warframe. The days when a map could be explored are over.

I used to enjoy taking a bit of time to explore for secrets, try parkour moves to find shortcuts and alternative routs, etc. This is now pretty much impossible. Any time not spent progressing directly towards the goal is precious seconds before the next huge spawn of 1-shot-kill-me mobs.

Ok... That's a bit of an exaggeration, but being teleported by 3 Commanders, shot at by 3 Heavy Gunners, sniped by a Napalm, pulled around by at least 4 Scorpions and flanked by who knows how many Elite Lancers all in the same room is not an exaggeration, this happened to me earlier today. In solo mode, I think the game would still be a nice challenge if the spawns weren't the same size and frequency as in a 4-player game.

Edited by FractalMind

The only solution is to abandon tactical warframes and rush through levels with the latest overpowered fotm warframe. The days when a map could be explored are over.

Well, I don't know... exploring is certainly more challenging, but you can do it at will on lower level planets and maps to learn the tricks of quickly navigating a tile set, and then apply that knowledge to a pluto speed run.

The real problem with being forced out of tactical frames and stuffed into speed run mode is that the major incentive is not to speed run, but to go on-line.  I'm a solo player, I want to avoid on-line as I generally find playing with others in action games becomes a case of someone running too fast or someone carrying the other.  I don't want to feel like I was rushing anyone when I make a decision about when to go fast/avoid contact... and I don't want to be following around a player who is committing genocide one tile in front of me at all times either.

As for as I'm concerned, when I reach the point I can't solo anymore, that's both my skill cap with loki and the effective end of the game.  If the spawn mechanics prevent me from shooting it out past level 50 greneer, then I'll adjust to speed run from there on.  At some point though, the game is about avoiding all detection because every other mob can OHK you.  For loki, that means you invis your way around the map... I don't need nightmare mode to put a time limit on my speed run... the total time I can be invis is already a hard limit for me.

I don't want to feel like I was rushing anyone when I make a decision about when to go fast/avoid contact... and I don't want to be following around a player who is committing genocide one tile in front of me at all times either.

I'm with you there. Matchmaking could be improved, but this would do nothing for those who want to play solo. I just think it should be feasible to play solo if someone wants to. If the mobs are harder then they need better mods on their warframe and guns, but as things currently stand, I don't think it will be possible to keep going solo.

In a typical game (and I'm glad this is not a typical game..) when the mobs get harder, the player uses more strategy and takes their time to avoid being flanked and to ambush the mobs. In Warframe, this is not an option because the player is punished for taking a careful approach by being swamped.

I just came out of a mission on Earth with my potato 60 Ember, with potato Kunai. I was in no danger of failing the mission, but I was fighting non-stop through the entire mission without a break and was under incredibly heavy fire from all sides several times (unable to retreat where I'd come from because mobs had spawned behind me). On a first warframe for a player new to the game who's only played through Mercury and Venus, this would have been pretty much impossible. They would need to play through Mercury and Venus completely several times before Earth became soloable for them.

I wonder if the number of mobs scale with the level of the warframe and weapons? If this is the case then it's a good thing because more mobs mean more drops. I'm not sure of this though, because when I solo Sedna in the same gear, I get the same mob-spam. Incidentally, I'm kind of stuck on Nakki in Sedna because I just don't have enough energy or ammo to take all the mobs down.

EDIT: I'd advocate scaling mob numbers with the number of players. More mobs than there are now for a full squad, less mobs than there are now for a soloist. Mob type would scale well with gear level and location.

Edited by FractalMind

In solo mode, I think the game would still be a nice challenge if the spawns weren't the same size and frequency as in a 4-player

My thoughts exactly. The spawns should be sized after the amount of players on a level,not being the same all over.

I've had enemies spawn directly on top of me. It is rare but it still happens.

This has happened a couple of times to me, as well, very recently.  I've also seen enemies spawn somewhat frequently, like on one particular mission where I was still in stealth and sniping at some Grineer between fan blades, I saw a Lancer just spawn in the middle of the room and start patrolling.  When they're not instagibbing you, it's kinda amusing.

Also, +1 to Sentinels being useless in solo for Loki.  Maybe I'll take a Wyrm to games where I'm with clan mates, but I'm pretty much done with trying to stealth it with Shade and Deathcube is just DEEPS that I really don't need.

Edited by XCodes