Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime's neck doesn't connect well with alt helmets

Genitive

So basically Oberon Prime's neck stays more or less static when the head moves, which makes it look off. Visible only with helmets other than default, since the default one fully covers the neck. Attached is a picture with example.

I'm not sure if I am right, but I'd say the neck mesh should be the same as Oberon. Maybe it's the alt helms positioning in regards of it?

Lemme double check.

EDIT: I was wrong. Apparently the mesh for Oberon Prime is different on the neck. Just like Frost Prime having Frost's alt helms clip because of the narrower neck designed for the Prime helmet, this one is different to accomodate Oberon Prime. Because it is shorter, it creates this issue when animated. Because Oberon's Prime helmet seems to be rigged for him and has that neck thingie in the back, you can't see it.

So they can't fix it easily without editing mesh and textures and then creating a clipping mess for Oberon Prime himself (checked it myself, the neck will clip using Oberon's original mesh with the Prime helm when looking around, while on Prime one it's perfect). You'll have to use Oberon's default skin for it to be perfect for alt helms :(

Unless they replaced the alt helm positions for Oberon helms, but that could look even worse.

Prime body:

Spoiler

n3AwIaR.jpg

Original body (notice the gray in the helmet gets covered here):

Spoiler

uQdEgld.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12