Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Roar Isn't Very Useful

aa777nx

Rhino's roar ability is an interesting concept, but I think it's a little bit weak at the moment. At max rank, it will boost your damage by 50% for 15 seconds. That's nice, but for a power that costs 75 energy, I think that most people would expect a little bit more. I think that increasing the damage boost to a maximum of at least 75% would make this power a lot more appealing to players. What do you guys think?

Roar is very, very useful. As is the Vanguard helmet. Everyone has their own preferences, if you don't like it, don't use it.

Helmet and abilities are not a logical comparison....as such the "If you don't like don't use it" response doesn't fit both the same way.

There are three helmet choices, a player can only have one active at a time.

There are only four abilities, and we can slot four abilities, that means we have no real choice to slot something else.

In the case of the helmet we pick what we like, in the case of abilities if something is weak it straight up takes away from the class.

IMO the damage is enough in most cases that I've been in but 15 seconds is short for an ability like this. I guess it was intended to turn the tide in a pinch so.... now that I've typed that all out, yeah, damage % ^ a touch if at all and the duration can stay lol

Edited by 7.T.

Whatchu Talkin' 'Bout Willis? Rhino Roar is hilariously powerful, ESPECIALLY with support, but even without it, throwing down a Roar, followed by a Stomp, can obliterate almost anything, and then your guns are STILL super-buffed to be even more powerful. Rhino Roar is amazing, especially paired with friends, a good Nova especially. Rhino Roar+Molecular Prime is just hilariously powerful, and that's not even getting into the shenanigans you could pull with Rhino Roar+Antimatter Prime.

Though, like many things in this game, it's about playstyle, a lot of people love it, some don't. If you find yourself NEVEr using it, you can always Forma the skill slot to make room for something else.

signed it's up to you.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Helmet and abilities are not a logical comparison....as such the "If you don't like don't use it" response doesn't fit both the same way.

There are three helmet choices, a player can only have one active at a time.

There are only four abilities, and we can slot four abilities, that means we have no real choice to slot something else.

In the case of the helmet we pick what we like, in the case of abilities if something is weak it straight up takes away from the class.

There are people that don't slot Charge.

There are people that don't slot Iron Skin.

There are people that don't slot Roar.

There are people who don't slot Stomp.

And people who do any combination of the above as well as people who slot all four. Roar being "weak" in your opinion doesn't somehow take away from the class.

There are people that don't slot Charge.

There are people that don't slot Iron Skin.

There are people that don't slot Roar.

There are people who don't slot Stomp.

And people who do any combination of the above as well as people who slot all four. Roar being "weak" in your opinion doesn't somehow take away from the class.

You're fighting the wrong battle here. 

1:The point is that all abilities should be effective and meaningful.

Not everyone will like everything..that's life. But all choices should be viable.

2: Obviously opinions will vary but its obvious that developers try to achieve a certain balance based on statistics and objective evidence.

To clarify-I am speaking in general. I didn't say that I personally found roar weak, I said that a weak ability is a problem.

There shouldn't be any weak abilities, just abilities that some prefer and other don't. There is a distinct difference between choosing based on preference and choosing based on effectiveness.

3: Putting abilities in ability slots is the most efficient use of points based on the polarity slots.

DE even said they want us to slot abilities.....its by design.

We have the freedom to slot something else but means we are making the conscious decision to give up that efficiency.

Alternatively there has to be and can only be one helmet equipped at any one time.

As such helmets and abilities will never be fully comparable examples. 

Edited by Ronyn

Well its a bit strong and its ok for farm bosses and some hard mobs... but i like more to get 25+ energy and use stomp but its just according to every playstyle, also if u dont like it u can allways use a forma to change it,

Ex: my favorite frame is rhino i formated it to change the ´´ polarity slot for one D polarity so my rhino allways goes with 3 powers and not 4, i have max vit,shield,armor flow,streamline,focus,reach + 3 powers the better build for a rhino imo

Well its a bit strong and its ok for farm bosses and some hard mobs... but i like more to get 25+ energy and use stomp but its just according to every playstyle, also if u dont like it u can allways use a forma to change it,

Ex: my favorite frame is rhino i formated it to change the ´´ polarity slot for one D polarity so my rhino allways goes with 3 powers and not 4, i have max vit,shield,armor flow,streamline,focus,reach + 3 powers the better build for a rhino imo

Yes, after forma one can change what is the most efficient set up on a frame.

Lets all keep in mind that is not a short order fix and certainly no excuse for any ability to under perform.

again-I'm not saying that roar is weak, I'm speaking in general.