Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to manage life support without nekros?

(PSN)zeroexalpha

Question

Clan just had an alliance survival event with one of the exceptions being no nekros, Ivara, or hydroid. 

My damage dealing was not an issue, I tried multiple times but still found myself struggling with life support. Multiple times, had to extract after the first hour. 

With nekros I can run many hours, 5 being my highest. How can I do well without him? 

5 answers to this question

Regularly do 75+ minute survivals with my buddies.

Have everyone stay within the same tile and try to find one with an easily fortified position that has plenty of areas for enemies to spawn and walk in.
Absolutely do not spread out into different tiles and, even within the same one, try to stay within affinity distance unless necessary. Spreading spawns out is a run killer.
Have someone equip an enemy radar. Enemies tend to come after you more often when you've detected them via radar, for some reason. Try it if you're running out of enemies to kill.
Kill quickly and efficiently and collect the drops that pop up.
Avoid standing still for long periods of time as it causes life support to stop dropping.
Absolutely avoid popping life support towers until you have to, stick to ones in your own tile, or at least very close, and don't waste any of them (they each add 30% but you probably knew this).
Avoid using dropped life support if you're at 95%. It sounds silly but it can make a difference.

Honestly when someone says that they're not using a looting frame and then says, "I'm having trouble staying very long but my killing isn't the problem," I kind of look at them a little funny. Sometimes you get unlucky and have to pop some life support towers, but if your killing is apparently not the problem then, surely, you're getting enough life support drops to sustain yourself (cue all the people telling me about that one time that they didn't get enough life support even after killing a ton of enemies very quickly and using language to imply it happens all the time).

You just need to keep practicing and keep getting better at killing efficiently while not moving all over the map.

Use a Zenistar, or if you haven't got it, something similar like Chroma's Effigy, place it on another area, perhaps not using Carrier Vacuum would be good as it will suck LS modules even if you're at a high percentage. place the 'turret' on a room where you will be at for the most of the duration of the survival, come back to it to collect LS and other things, while you stay at another part of the room.